General Eredivisie Thread 2014-2015

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad for PSV. If he is out for any length of time PSV is very beatable.

2. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Saturday's Eredivisie matches highlight once again why I rarely watch Eredivisie as of late. It is now FC Knudde made flesh.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You want the predictable wins from big clubs over small? Not me, I want the title chase to go down to the last match day with 4-5 teams still in contention!

BaritoPutra repped this.
  4. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's kind of funny that the Eredivisie gets a lot of stick for some of the same reasons that are used to praise the EPL.

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought even Bruma was better than Rekik. And Maher is heading into a dead end. Locadia needs chances too and I am not a fan of Luuk and I think Locadia has a much better future

6. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Heerenveen. =)

It's really too bad that they couldn't hold onto even the likes of Basacikoglu and Ziyech. I know money talks, but I think they could really push for a title challenge if they could line up:

Kristoffer Nordfeldt
    Stefano Marzo - Kenny Otigba - Joost van Aken - Pele van Anholt
    Marten de Roon - Joey van den Berg
    Daley Sinkgraven
    Bilal Basacikoglu - Mark Huth - Hakim Ziyech​

Would have been so strong. I know they don't have the best depth, but it is there with the likes of Larsson, Buijs, Slagveer and Raitala. No really big, big names but with the way they're playing...I hope they can still push for European football.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nice win for Heerenveen on the road versus AZ. Good goal by Sinkgraven. Lodeweges has done a nice job organizing this team with a really positive start to the season. I think Morten Thorsby has shown great promise. Versatile overall player with strong work ethic, definitely lots of potential.

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    6 weeks no Depay for PSV. That would 27 October from now. Utrecht would be a speedy recovery. Otherwise ADO, maybe even Heracles.

[​IMG]

Cambuur and Heerenveen are in great form.Could be a problem without Depay.

PS He has a groin injury. A tear in the groin.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I always hated groin injuries. They kind of have a way of coming back and made you seriously reconsider putting everything in your shot as you are afraid to get a new injury. Then again, I probably never really treated it that well. I am sure Depay has good medical support.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ Right you are. If they don't get proper medical treatment and full healing it can be problematic. Same thing with hamstring tears. Look how long Boilesen was out and now Fischer for Ajax. Part of the difficulty is improper training and too much focus on weight lifting as opposed to muscle stretching and relaxation. Personally I think every footballer should learn basic yoga stretches as it will reduce back and leg problems (it has for me!!)

11. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That is great news for Heerenveen, but I'm a big fan of Depay so I hope him a speedy recovery none-the-less.

Vitesse vs. Heereveen
    Heerenveen vs. PSV Eindhoven
    Willem II vs. Heereveen
    Heerenveen vs. Cambuur
    PEC Zwolle vs. Heerenveen

At the end of these 5 fixtures I could conceivably see us at the top. Fingers crossed especially with Memphis out all very winnable fixtures.

12. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Ouch. Bad news on Depay. This means he will miss the October edition of Oranje Euro 2016 qualifier against Kazakhstan at home on the 10th and Iceland away on the 13th. Iceland away is a potential banana slip.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Sad news but health is more important than football. van Basten will still be remembered as a striker who ranked up with the worlds finest and had he not suffered the ankle problems he might well have done more amazing things that would have all of us shaking our heads. Despite his somewhat checkered club career, he did manage to build a top notch NT with a group of young players. We all fondly remember the outstanding pool performance in the 2008 Euros and sadly remember him being out coached by Hiddink in the knock out round.

Stay healthy Marco!!!!!

Radu Razvan repped this.
  15. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    MvB is one of the few players in the history of the game who simply had it all.
    It's sad he had to stop playing due to injuries , and now he will stop coaching due to health issues.
    He is a main reason , in my opinion , we had a generation with such a top mentality to reach the final and the semis of the WC in-a-row , despite basically laking quality of the previous Dutch generations.
    Wish you a speecy recovery , Marco. Thank you for everything you've done !

Radu Razvan and Orange14 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Heerenveen draw with Vitesse 1-1. Several chances to have the decisive goal but in the end it was a fair result, also playing away. Injuries also caused several key players to be out of the lineup. Mark Uth scored a really nice goal, connecting well from a clever pass by Morten Thorsby. Pelle van Amersfoort made a good impression on his debut in the second half. Looked active in attack, getting in good positioning and fighting on duels. Fluid passing game and control of the ball. Definitely another talent to watch.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Feyenoord can play like that, then why haven't they in the past? I understand the adrenaline and home advantage argument, but it was not just aggression, it was also the will to play ball and have the cross hairs to the front. For me, this football was always in the team and why I have been kind angry with the way Feyenoord played. Under Rutten, but also Koeman.

JC-14 repped this.
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Absolutely. They surely deserved better on the day. Boetius looked dangerous and it was only el Ghazi's tracking back and van Rhijn's good play that contained him.

19. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Maher with two assits and a goal...vs Cambuur...it's true.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So Depay is injured and Maher has a good game all of the sudden. I have had a suspicion for some time now that Maher's performance suffers from Depay being in the team. Bit in the same way Rooney suffered from having Ronaldo in the team when he was still at United. The year after Ronaldo left, Rooney flourished.

That being said, this attacking output says nothing about the workrate and grit he displayed. I have not seen the game so can not judge. I only saw the highlights and the commentator for that show said that PSV went through a bad a apathetic (paraphrasing here) phase in the second half when the game was played. That already sounds more like Maher, but one step at a time. One of the things he had to improve was his attacking output and in this game he made a little step, whether the opponent played the biggest part of the game with 10 men or not.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  21. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My trust in Maher has been lost for some time now.. It's not going to come back after one game.
    This could have been an incidental performance by Maher.. Just a flash of the player he once was. The biggest problem with Maher remains his mentality and that is not going to change in such a shot time. And even if he did change that means it toke him this long to get a grip after his fall, more than a year. That is very unimpressive. To me that is prove right there that he will never make it to the pop.

22. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Radu Razvan repped this.
  23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So, let's wait few games...and then we will see how he will play with Depay on the pitch.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Lets hope the Van Beek-Kongolo partnership sink Mathijsen to the bottom of the bench!!. But if kongolo plays LCB, who will play LB??