General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Personally, all shoes with gimmicks that will 'make y our shot stronger' or 'curve the ball more' is BS.

What matters most is how the shoe fits your foot, if it offers the right traction you're looking for, and if they are comfortable to wear day in and day out.

That's ALL that matters. Color, weight, don't matter much but can be a factor if those are important to you.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  2. lolmit

lolmit New Member

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    so you dont recommend to purchase shoes from ebay?

3. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    No. Just buy what you like. If you arent a very good player it doesn't make much difference. Just go out and practise.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have no idea how you got that out of my post above lol.

Maybe there's a language barrier.

No--to put it simply, it's all about fit. try a shoe on in person, and go from there. See which one 'feels' best and then look at the bottom of the shoe to see which stud pattern will work best for the fields you play on. Simple

5. lolmit

lolmit New Member

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    because when i purchase shoe in the internet i dont try them on my feet ...
    anyway , thank you very much !

6. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm really anal about boot sizing. I've wasted quite a bit of money buying 2 sizes in almost every shoe I have and end up fussing over the two different sizes.

I noticed a few things: The tighter fitting shoe (all toes tightly pressed against the edges and a constant restricted feeling of my toes) lets me get under the ball much better especially with crossing and curling free kicks. The "just right" fitting shoe lets my toes fully spread when running and planting my foot, which I think is bio mechanically correct. I run and move better, and don't cramp up as easily. Saves my big toe nail as well. But the touch is sloppier, due to that tiny, tiny little room for error in the toe box.

I've seen pictures of pros (excluding those that get custom lasted) and they don't seem to have their boots super snug.

In which camp do you guys fall in? Super snug vs. Bio mechanically correct? My biggest wish is to get a custom lasted shoe, and get my feet fitted properly. Not really to get a perfect fitting shoe, but just so I can know what is the scientifically optimised fit supposed to be like.

7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    What I want is a super snug fitting shoe with a soft upper and a flexible soleplate. That is as close to barefoot/"bio mechanically correct" you can get.

8. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I just wear boots that are comfortable.

9. Aaron_cf7

Aaron_cf7 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Out of what you describe, I wear what is "bio-mechanically correct".

10. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i buy leather shoes that are tight fitting, then allow them to stretch out to become a perfect fit.

11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just wear Mizuno Morelia!

tilburysoccer, Alex57910, jayc23 and 2 others repped this.
  12. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Which brand/model has the nicest pair of white cleats? Love white and I'm looking for a pair since I don't own one yet.

13. saladin747

saladin747 Member

May 21, 2011
    Fairport
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Fit and comfort should be top priority because at the end of the day if its a boot then it should be able to do anything with a ball. However confidence is a funny thing and some of the more glamorous cleats on the market can make you FEEL as if they make you a better player which can sometimes actually make you a better player.

If you know what your general foot size is then after considerable research of different boots you like, ebay is a great way to get an excellent deal on legitimate items. I haven't bought a shoe of any sort outside of ebay(besides my ll bean boots) in two years and have always been pleased because I do my research. My go to soccer cleats are the Nike Tiempo IV Mystics in volt color:) I love them and got them from the bay.

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  15. aronparon

aronparon New Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The time has come for me to buy a new pair of soccer shoes but I cant decide between these, puma evopower 1, adidas predator instinct, hypervenom phantom, mercurial vapor x or adizero f50. Also, if you do recommend the f50's, since there are quite a few versions of it available, should I get the leather, synthetic or messi version?

16. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Could you tell us how you want your boots to be?

17. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Try boots on first. We can give you all the recommendations under the sun, but if they aren't comfortable its pointless.

If i was to pick myself? I tried the evopower on, and they felt superb. Fit and the upper on them is fantastic.

18. Junior.

Junior. New Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    can someone recommend a good boot thats cheap?

19. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This might be the general boots thread, @Junior., but that's a little too general!

Have you any preferences, fit requirements or a budget to work with?

We'll be able to sort you out with some great advice with a bit more info, I'm sure. ;)

tilburysoccer and serginhobertholi repped this.
  20. The Straight Shooters

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi everyone,

We are The Straight Shooters, a new dedicated soccer boot review website that provides the most thorough and unbiased boot reviews online. The most important factor that differentiates us? We are doctors, with orthopaedic and foot anatomy knowledge, who have played soccer at grassroots, semi-competitive and competitive levels. So we understand the game, and understand the way your foot works as well.

Like you, we love the game, but the influx of different technologies in soccer boots nowadays and the increasing number of brands make it bewildering for many who want to buy a pair of boots. As such, we have decided to combine both our knowledge of the game and our knowledge of foot anatomy and biomechanics to bring you the most in-depth reviews you will find online.

Our main website will house the main, full written review together with a link to our video review on Youtube. The video review serves to show you the boots in action, as well as to summarize the main points you need to know for that pair of boots. We hope that the information provided will aid you in choosing which pair of boots to spend your hard-earned cash on. Right now, we have the Nike Mercurial Vapor X full written review up, as well as the Adidas Predator LZ 2 full written review and video review up. More to come once we're done testing our other pairs of boots!

The links to our website, Facebook and Youtube page are here:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/thestraightshootersSG

Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCA9OTibH65B9Pkt14f1N-_w

We would appreciate it if you could like our Facebook page, as well as subscribe to our Youtube channel. This would show us that what we are doing is truly helpful to all soccer players out there, and make our efforts feel worthwhile.

We will also try our best to answer any queries you guys have about boots on this forum, and hope to be an active member here. Thanks for the warm welcome!

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    @Dr. Boots -- you sure you aren't behind this ;)

serginhobertholi repped this.
  22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, but I like the idea of it. It might put my planned relaunch in the shade........

jayc23 repped this.
  23. The Straight Shooters

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not at all! We're just glad people are stepping out to make things easier for all the players out there. Then we can finally focus on the game, instead of worrying which pair of boots to buy.

24. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's pretty much all we do round here. Please don't take that away from us!

lattanzio repped this.
  25. Noodle_Jab

Noodle_Jab New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I tried searching old posts to find an answer, but nothing matched exactly what I wanted to know, so I figured this is the place for it.

I live in the southeastern United States, and it gets very hot here during the summer: 100+F/almost 40 C. The pitch that I have easiest access to for playing on regularly is one of the artificial turf fields with the black rubber pellets, which can get incredibly hot when the weather is warm. This past weekend, I was playing and the cement holding the upper to the the sole of my boot melted and the two parts became almost completely detached, effectively destroying my boot. I lent my extra pair of boots to my friend for the day and the same thing also happened to him.

Both of the shoes that melted were the same style/model of boot, a relatively cheap Nike I bought 5 or so years ago. Cost me around $50 each, don't remember the name. Now I am in the market for a new pair of boots, and I wanted to be as certain as possible that whatever I bought next wouldn't melt out from under me as soon as the temperature shoots up.

My question is this: did my boots fall apart because they are cheap/of low quality, and the fact that each pair had hundreds of hours worth of play in them, or would even a higher quality shoe experience this problem? I'm willing to spend up to about $130-140 on my next pair, with my most important criteria being durability and longevity of the shoe. If somebody can point me in the right direction here, I'd be very grateful