General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah that's a good way to go about it!

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have - they weren't a good sole at all. I found them to be a little bit stiff and a bit too grippy. Something you don't want if you are coming back from a knee injury.

I think I've just been lucky. I've always worn FG on turf (the place I play has just had new pitches laid so my boots feel a lot better!) I've worn blades, studs whatever other variation that Nike in particular want to throw at me and thankfully I've had no problems. But I agree, if you are coming back from a serious injury. Get the correct footwear. I have worn AG HVs and they feed good nice grip and your feet feel low to the ground.

I've just had a good read of this thread. Sometimes I only get the chance to scan the forum just to make sure there isn't any trouble going on, which thankfully there isn't these days! but before I went and stayed with my sister for a month I was a little bit lost as to what boots to wear. I own pretty much most Nike boots. and I'd just dipped my toe into the water with Puma by wearing the Evo Touch. The leather on the boot is beautiful - the fit however .... hmmm. I think I probably needed to go down a size to be honest but wearing those boots made me realise how much I missed the 'ping' you get from a leather boot that feeling of hitting a ball 'true' something I'm sure you'll understand. So I dug out my Premier's and started to play in those again. I went through a stage of wearing them quite a lot but I still find the toe box area to be a little thick for me. I don't have anything against Nike's new boots other than as someone on here has said the older I've got the wider my feet have become. So a boot like a SF does fit me I just have to really break it in, which I don't think is the point of Flyknit. Once it's broken in they feel amazing even though I'm not a huge fan of the new studs on turf they do tend to catch. If I had to pick a Nike boot over all right now for me it would be the HV3 the collar does my head in as I find the boot hard to get on but once you've worn the upper in it is a really nice boot. But I'm just waiting for those lace cables to snap!

Tonight I wore the new Predators for the first time and I've fallen very much in love. The comfort is amazing, the touch, how light they are and the sole plate on turf was just out of this world it didn't feel like you had any studs on! So for me. I've definitely switched sides until Nike come out with something more exciting. I would love to try the Puma Future but I'm not 100% sure of the durability of the 'net' that's all over the boot - I've decided to hold off until there are a few more reviews etc, but that's definitely a model that interests me.

But those Red/white CTRs are always going to take some beating!!

appleCORR

derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Anybody here with experience on using SG-Pro boots and switching out the 11 and 13mm metal studs to regular FG ones for when the ground is dry?
    What’s the best brand of replacement studs? I want short plastic ones like the adidas 6 and 9mm set. I don’t see them readily available in my area, though. All my local stores have are 1/2” (around 12mm) studs.

4. jsn73

jsn73 New Member

Arsenal
    France
    Jan 13, 2018
    Hi Guys,

I got a new pair of Nike Magista Onda II. Right it sits perfectly! Only on the left side I have a problem: The big toe still has minimal space to the front, but the remaining toes are pressed together a bit. It's that tight at the front that I can't spread my remaining 4 toes completely, but are slightly curled. So a bit like I would pull in my toes, I can't stretch them flat. Do you think that's because the shoes are new and still have to break in / adapt or does that sound like it's just too small on the left?

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sounds like you're left is bigger than your right. It's normal for most people to have two different sized feet, but normally the difference is minimal. Sometimes its only noticeable depending on the shoe you wear.

gusgorman repped this.
  6. Joey79

Joey79 New Member

Benfica
    Australia
    Feb 3, 2018
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum and joined up in the hope I could some advice on indoor shoes.

I have narrow flat feet and have spent literally hundreds of dollars on shoes that feel ok at the time but turn out to be the wrong fit for my feet.

I am in search of a pair of indoor shoes which lock my feet in, more so in the mid foot. I find that there is too much movement in the mid foot area. This is especially noticeable when I shoot or go for a long pass. I am a right footer and when I am in the process of shooting or passing, my weight is transfers to my left foot (obviously) and I get either ankle roll or movement within the shoe. As a result, my accuracy is way off and unable to generate as much power due the excessive movement within the shoe. This is only something I have worked out most recently.

I am better off wearing a stability type insole? Or is there an indoor shoe that will suit my type of foot?

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

7. futsalplayer

futsalplayer New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Does anybody know what kind of shoe Ricardinho is wearing at the Futsal Euro and where to buy them?
    Looks like a TiempoX Finale or Proximo?!

[​IMG]

8. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like a custom. Probably Proximo but I think it's pretty much impossible to get that exact shoe without making it yourself.

9. futsalplayer

futsalplayer New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've just contacted Nike and they confirmed me that it is a new Tiempo Model. Ricardinho is testing the shoes right now. They could not tell me when and if it will be for sale.

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    is it really? it looks like a customised version of the Levgend 7 proximos, and by customised its mostly just a design element on the flyknit heel

BBeast10 repped this.
  11. futsalplayer

futsalplayer New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    I thought so, too. But they wrote that it isn't just a customized shoe. It will be a completely new Tiempo Model.

12. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    Hey guys, am thinking of repairing my Mizuno Wave 3 even though i already bought a new pair of evoPower 1.3 cos someone told me it's better to alternate 2 pairs of boots and they will last longer. No doubt but is it worth repairing my older Mizuno? It's a sole separation issue though only one shoe and not severe (a 10cm tear hole at the toe area). Repair gonna cost around $15.

13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    For $15 that's not too bad but with a hole that big its almost worth getting a new pair of boots. It is definitely a good idea to have two pairs of boots to alternate between.

14. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody have experience with the New Balance Furon 3.0? I know SR4U gave a pretty so-so review of them and freekickerz (taken with a grain of salt) gave them a pretty decent review. I really like the look of them and I was pretty impressed with the Visaro 1 so any opinions to sway me would be greatly appreciated!

15. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    Thanks for the reply. Mistake on my part. The tear hole is only 4cm as opposed to 10cm.

Anyway so the theory is that if I compare 2 exact pairs of boots and play exactly 10 games each, being that the first pair is used once a week and second pair once every fortnight, the durability of the second pair would be much better off after 10 games? ie. to say the second pair having more "rest time" would theoretically improve its durability?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. chris green

chris green Member

Newcastle United
    Aug 13, 2014
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wouldn't even go as far as to saying it's a theory. Logical that if you wear a boot 5 times it will have less 'wear and tear' than if you wear them 10 times

derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah they would last longer basically, since you're only spending half the time in them. As far as the boot repair, its totally up to you. Whenever I get holes in my boots they get thrown out.

I like how soft the upper is but I'm not a fan of the heel (not much padding) and I found the sole plate to be too stiff for my liking.

BBeast10 repped this.
  18. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    #1068 Batigoal_92, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Hi thanks for the reply. Would just like to reiterate myself here...Of course wearing more equals tearing more. If you read the theory I posted before it says that 2 exact pairs of boots comparing with each other after playing exactly 10 games on each pair and difference being one used once a week and the other once every 2 weeks. Emphasis on the 10 games. It would just take double the time to reach 10 games for the second pair. Now after playing 10 games each, then we compare the durability. That way there is no other variable other than the 2 pairs of boots with one having more "rest time" than the other.

19. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if "rest time" really is a thing but I think another part of it is that if one pair breaks you don't have to go and get another pair, instead you can wear something well broken in.
    Thanks! Any comments on responsiveness and lockdown?

derbyyank13 and Batigoal_92 repped this.
  20. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    Thanks for understanding my question. I haven't thought of the break-in process and that pretty much convinced me to repair my boots. Thanks mate

BBeast10 repped this.
  21. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem! Good luck with the repair. What are you using to fix the separation?

Batigoal_92 repped this.
  22. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    I will bring it to a professional for assessment. Most likely he's gonna clean it up, remove the old glue, apply new glue, hard-press it and stitch it up. It's gonna cost around USD15 but i think it's worth it since i love my Mizuno :)

derbyyank13 and BBeast10 repped this.
  23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Lockdown is fairly good and the feel decently responsive because of the stiff soleplate. I just feel its too stiff.
    Yeah @BBeast10 makes a good point. New boots means you have to break them in. Let us know how it goes! Would love to see how the repair turns out!

Batigoal_92, jayc23 and BBeast10 repped this.
  24. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    Hi sorry I missed out on your reply.
    It's not a theory by me but by Josh from SR4U.com from his YouTube channel. He suggested that based on his experience of daily usage of his cleats that ultimately

(A)Owning 2 cleats and alternate them would last significantly longer than

(B)Owning one pair,play till it breaks and get another pair and play till it breaks

So I basically wanted to test this but instead of daily usage, I use it once a week.

25. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've always preferred leather boots, but since trying a pair of Nike Magista Obra AG-Pro, and really enjoying how they felt, I'm think I'd like to give synthetics another try.

Can anyone recommend me what I should look into? Obviously I'd try the Obra in the FG configuration , but I need a boot with all rounded studs, so I can twist and turn freely while my foot is planted. The 'circle' in the forefoot seems to prevent that.

Round studs, a padded and responsive upper, preferably on the wider side -
    Any ideas?