General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ahh the biggest roast on Warrior Sport's we have ever seen. Never get tired of this video!

2. Ranger04x40

Ranger04x40 Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Ventura, Cali
    This is just a general question I want to ask everyone. Do you guys ever have issues with ingrown toenails from soccer boots generally being tight fitting? I wonder if professionals have to deal with them too?

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've had four surgeries on ingrown toenails from wearing my boots so small and rounding my nail cuts vs squaring them off...a lot of pros have their boots MTM and raising the volume of the toe box can eliminate the constraint that causes the pinching leading to ingrown nails. many grew up wearing small boots though and have the busted feet as a result.

Google Henrik Larsson foot and you will see the worst of the worst...Ronaldo (R9) did an Insta posting as well of his and other players, pretty nasty.

jayc23 repped this.
  4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've had my issues. I've learned to cut my nail when I feel it digging in, out so there's no 'point' pinching in to my skin.

Always catch it/cut the nail before it causes too much damage.

JEN14 repped this.
  5. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yep... It's just basic hygiene and grooming.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The thing is, your nail isn't supposed to be growing/digging into you skin like that.

This is an issue we all have, and some people aren't comfortable doing an 'agressive' cut of the nail themselves to fix the problem.

I wouldn't paint with broad brush, brotha.

jayc23 repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cut the nail straight and keep your foot clean - do it weekly if you need too and get the right sort of scissors for the job. Sometimes clippers aren't the best for toes. If you have a loved one get them to do it because they will give you a better cut especially to start with!

Talking of pros with nasty feet - I remember I had a Ryan Giggs boot when I was little and there was a close of up his feet and I have no IDEA how that shot made the book because it was disgusting. Hairy toes and mashed up nails.

appleCORR

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  8. scuttx

scuttx New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I just need some simple help. I'm looking at the puma v1.10, puma king II, or puma evoSPEED 3.4 leather. I know they're differen't cleats so you can exclude puma king II because it's the opposite of the others. But puma v1.10 (which i like most because its an old top teir 150 gram speed boot) or puma evospeed 3.4 leather (leather speed boot of course)?

9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    General question: I always avoid blades, but just out of interest, when a soleplate just has blades in the the heal (like the Tiempo) is it still very grippy and harsh on your joints?

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I guess it still is, just not THAT bad cause it mainly comes into play when you're planting your foot for a shot.

11. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Anyone else notice the boot scene has really gotten boring in the past year or so? People used to be so hyped when there would be a new color way or boot released but that's not the case nowadays. Boots are leaked 12-15 months in advance, new color ways are thrown at us every 2-3 weeks, and the same ideas are being recycled over and over again by Nike and Adidas.

12. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes I agree, it's quite boring. I don't find it fun to collect the big brands now like I did a couple of years ago. I also feel there's too much junk and the minute you actually find a model you enjoy wearing, it's gone in the blink of an eye and there's already a new version with some bright color and pattern. I almost wish I was just a copa guy, because then I'd never have to worry about losing my favorite boot.

MilanMadrid repped this.
  13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    wouldn't that be down to us though, being not as hyped about colourways or boot releases would be people like us hunting down boot spots from sites like footyheadlines etc?

MilanMadrid repped this.
  14. Jack Kowalski

Jack Kowalski New Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Just a heads up on a deal I just stumbled across. Lovell Soccer currently have a 15% discount code on all the latest boot releases, so the latest Nike Electro Flare pack (I bought the Magista), X and Ace Primeknit, the new New Balance boots and couple of others.

The code is LSAUT15 and as far as I can work out applies to all of the boots here: http://www.lovellsoccer.co.uk/shop/collection/Autumn-2015

15. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I agree, it's like our own obsession has killed our own interest.

newone88 repped this.
  16. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Oli Coultas repped this.
  17. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wasn't aware it was April 1st already?!

18. curt bixel

curt bixel New Member

Nov 14, 2015
    I am curious if anyone else is having this problem with artificial turf shoes with rubber soles. When I am wearing artificial turf shoes that have the soles that wrap up a bit around the side on the toe area, sometimes I have trouble with the side of the toe of my shoe catching a bit on the turf when I strike a long ball.

This problem goes away immediately if I play outdoors. It also goes away immediately if I wear cleats indoors, as most cleats do not have any part of the sole that wraps up around the side of the toe area.

19. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does anyone have a quick fix or remedy for a short toe box? My boots are miadidas 11pros 2015, they are leather but have a crosshatched cage thing. My great toe on my left is under too much pressure as is. Thanks.

20. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stuff them with lots of newspaper? Tried it with my copas and worked

21. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Use a wooden shoe stretcher.

22. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
  23. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Concave...looks like they've got a new speed boot...
    [​IMG]

Oli Coultas repped this.
  24. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The look of the sole plate reminds me of the Pele trinity (graphic wise)

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Posted this in the turf boot thread, but figured a post here couldn't hurt.

Has anyone had the chance to try on or play in the new Adidas TKRZ? I'm interested in a pair but I can't seem to find any local stores that have them in stock to try on.