General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Donatello_

Donatello_ New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Best boot for wide feet fellas?

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's kind of subjective as no two feet are the same but in my experience most of the "control" models have a wider outsole and more accommodating fit. New Balance is offering wide fit boots now and have always been the go to "wide" shoe company in other categories...it's worth a look to them.

3. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Hi guys. All my life I've been using only natural leather shoes. Until last week, when I sported a pair of MVX. Long story short - i love it! I love the way they snug fit around my feet. Never thought I am gonna feel that way about synthetic. Question to you guys, are theese the best synth you can get? Or are there many other on this level, adidas, puma? Was I so lucky to jackpot with the first trial, or is there whole synthetic world to discover?

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You definitely have a whole new world to explore .... so enjoy doing it!

appleCORR

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If you're feeling a little adventurous you can try ordering wide boots from Japan, there are actually a decent number of boots available in wide widths there.

Here is a link to the Ebay of Japan:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/302254/?sm=1

Some sellers won't sell directly to people oversees so you may need to use a service to act as an intermediary to process your transaction but turn around times are very quick and depending the make and model you might actually save over what you'd pay in your market for the boot.

You can check the Mizuno subthread here on BS for info on people's experiences ordering from Japan. Good luck.

6. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
  7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Man, that's horrible! I guess to cut cost

temesgen and Alex57910 repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I strongly dislike mixed material boots, grrrrrrrr!

9. SETH1

SETH1 New Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I play football on a concrete surface and recently I've been diagnosed with a herniated cervical disc. I'm looking for a pair of indoor/turf
    boots with the best possible cushioning/shock absorbing technology.

I always thought how great it would be to play with a pair of boots that have air soles like running shoes do so I googled and discovered that at some point Nike had an air zoom indoor football model:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Nike_Zoom_Air_Football_Boots.jpg
    but I guess they don't make them anymore.

I've been recommended the Nike Lunar Gato II on the Nike thread and was wondering if anybody could recommend other makers models that I should consider. For example I heard that Joma have
    indoor boots with air soles but I couldn't find any such model on their site.

10. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Lunar Gatos II are absolutely the best you can get, regarding the shock absorbing technology. Mizunos with wave are also worth mentioning. Speaking of transfering running boots into indoors -check out adidas boost. I've never tried them, so no opinion on them from me, but they look promising.

jayc23 repped this.
  11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

They don't as far as I know. A healthy compromise I did was to insert Sholl heel pads below the insoles and they work wonders for me.

Apart from that, you can't go wrong with the Adidas freefootball boost to be honest, does blow the Lunar Gatos out of the water.

12. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
  13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I'm going to let the snarkiness slide but notice what he asked for

to quote the link you posted:

"
    Adidas say; “Boost features thousands of visible energy capsules that store and unleash endless energy every time your foot hits the ground.”
    Footy Boots say; “The Boost offers great cushioning for hard surfaces.”
    Nike say; “Lunarlon cushioning absorbs energy on impact for premium comfort.”
    Footy Boots say; “They’re comfortable, but not as much as the Adidas shoe.”
    "

Coeur repped this.
  14. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Well I have to agree with you, all reviews point out superior cushioning of boost. For me, however, not lasting more than few hours of play disqualifies it as a futsal boot, thats where my comment came from. Another point for the adidas is that LGII are no longer available.

16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I'm inclined to believe they got a defective pair because breaking down within 3 hours of play is just absolute nonsense. Think you can still get the LG2's if you search hard enough though.

If not, you can't go wrong with the MUNICH Grescas.

https://www.munichshop.net/munich-gresca-en/gresca-300604-en

17. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    This I yet have to try. Heard tons of good opinions on them. However they only fit a certain style of play, controling the ball with sole, and shoting with toes. For a player originating from the grass this may by troublesome, I tend to control the ball with side of the foot and shot with knuckles.

18. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  19. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    this is my favourite JEN14 comment to date haha

20. Rockyboarder

Rockyboarder New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Can't seem to find any info about these bad boys online. Can anyone provide some input? I want to buy more of the same general stud / cleat layout as it's awesome for my field in San Diego.

[​IMG]

21. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    interesting... looks like an EVOPower with EVOSpeed AG soleplate...

Oli Coultas repped this.
  22. Rockyboarder

Rockyboarder New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Club:
    2 de Mayo

It's a 3 series if I am not mistaken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So they're obviously Puma Tricks Evopower but, I can't find any information about that layout.
    Puma is a my go to boot. I obviously use them for soccer but, in San Diego, social leagues are big fun and I use them religiously for kickball and softball as well.
    Long story short, I don't care of the color etc. As long at it is a size 9, has that Adap-Lite skin on the outside and this style tread from PUMA, i'll buy it. Just trying to see if I somehow scored prototypes or one-off shoes.

23. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco

This is just a guess based on some quick research...(-;
    here is what the regular evopower 3 ag sole looks like (you can find these on any legit soccer shop website)
    evag.png

here is what a you will find on replica type websites or fake Chinese model looks like
    Puma_EvoPOWER_3_Tricks_AG_Boots_2015-Beetroot_Purple_Blue.jpg

So maybe it is a knockoff

again, I'm not 100% sure but this is what I found.

24. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    G'day folks,
    As I am doing a research project based on comparing Australia's boot market to others around the world (USA, UK, etc) I require images of stores 'boot-walls' or boot section to compare to Australia. If anyone could send me some pics or let me know they can be of good help, it would be greatly appreciated!

I also want to say kudos for being the best football boot forum/community. There's nothing more I look forward to logging on in the morning and seeing what we all have to say about whatever it might be. Keep it up folks!

25. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Check out my posts in the Made in Japan thread, I have posted photos of some of the Japanese stores I visited this summer. I might be able to get photos of some of the local stores from the US as well. Let me know if you need larger sizes and I can PM them to you.
    Good luck on your project