General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Swap the insoles out for some comfy padded ones?
    Or maybe its because the boots are slipping?

2. Worldfootfan

Worldfootfan Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was wondering about the boots slipping. My main issue is where I get the blisters. It's like big toe or ball of the foot. Only happens when I play. I tried new insoles but that didnt help.

3. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Couple of questions;

1) What boots have you worn that have given you issues?
    2) Where exactly on your feet are you getting blisters?
    3) What other foot issues do you have other than blisters?

4. Worldfootfan

Worldfootfan Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have tried a ton of different boots. Right now I have the ones in my picture and they have worked the best but they are turf. I commented before about the location but its my big toe and then the ball of my feet. If its not an outright blister its one of the ones where you can see the blood build up underneath but no bubble. I dont know what that is called.

5. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sounds like your slipping around a lot within your boots. Have you tried trusox? Could it be that your boots are too big? When I got back into playing 7 years ago, I went to the store and I just bought boots based on my shoe size. I kept getting hot spots and blisters on my big toe, because they were too big and I was sliding around. Once I measured my feet, I realized I was a wearing my boots a whole size too big and I've never had that issue again.

6. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I had a similar experience to The Footy Collector. I would recommend getting your feet measured. (then if you've got wide feet you might have a new problem - which is that most boots are too tight in the forefoot/toebox)

7. Worldfootfan

Worldfootfan Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Awesome guys thanks! I will do this today. Never thought of that.

8. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    a lot of people tend to buy their boots big especially new players. soccer boots are supposed to be EXACT FIT.

9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    What happened? I'm intrigued :)

10. Worldfootfan

Worldfootfan Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks for the interest =) I got the same boots I have in my pic there but half a size smaller. In my first game I still had similar incidents but a lot less extreme. In my second match I got some thicker socks too and it was perfect. Ive played 4 games with no issues so far. My feet thank everyone for the help!

jessepv and gusgorman repped this.
  11. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Has anyone tried adding stitching to the midfoot of your boot to get a better lockdown effect? Considering doing it to my Nike Premiers. The roll over effect is quite pronounced due to the soft upper without any internal support.

12. nfotiu

nfotiu New Member

May 20, 2015
    My son's travel team has a black only cleats rule. I am having a hell of a time finding anything in his size. Any recommendations for a black cleat in size 3? I want to get him a decent shoe since they train frequently and he's had foot issues before.

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you cna't find a black boot in that color, they make 'black out' kits for boots.

14. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Those are overpriced. It's better to buy the components separately (which is easier to do if you live in US).

15. dazboi

dazboi New Member

May 23, 2015
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    [​IMG] Hi,
    First post on here, take it easy

I just picked these boots up on ebay and was wondering if anyone else has a pair or knows anything about them?

They are marked as umbro sonica ii hg.

16. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Hello everyone! Have been away from the forums and have tried to catchup on a lot of info. I have recently gone bootless and am in need of something quick. I want to ask which are the top boots out at the moment, I am not interested in a copa, premier, or traditional boot. Any help is appreciated.

Alex57910 repped this.
  17. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have you looked to see if any of the previous f50s are on sale? You can pick them up for 40 odd pounds which is fantastic for what the boot is

18. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Wow where can I find them at that price? I tried them on right now in a store and they felt really good. Had a bit of heel slippage but the socks I was wearing were pretty crappy. 40 pounds is what 60 usd? The shop had them for $160 which is a bit ridiculous. I will try and look for a pair but ebay has them at around $120-150 for the nicer colorways. Size US 8.5 fit spot on for them too.

19. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anyone is looking for a fantastic boot for use on firm ground and artificial turf -- forget mushy, wet surfaces -- and don't mind black then look no further that Nike Premier. They fit like a glove, give you great feel for the ball, are soft but still durable and look sharp. And you can pick them up for only $100.

Ok, they're a favorite of referees and that's a minus but the boot gives you everything you'd want except the slash of bold color we expect in modern boots.

20. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unless you find a pair of the World Cup winners pack

pancreas repped this.
  21. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Cheers, I'm not looking for boots at the moment but will definitely bear them in mind in the future.

What are people doing with these size wize? I've seen one review that recommended going half a size up, but I wonder whether the K-Leather would stretch out enough after a few wears to make this unnecessary?

22. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I made the mistake of ordering them in my normal size US 8.5 and the boot felt fine at first but it never really stretched, and after a couple of minutes would make my toes go numb. Id say go .5 size up, or try them on somewhere before you buy.

gusgorman repped this.
  23. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013

We probably need more help. Whats your price range? what level are you playing at? what surface?

I love the Superfly's and Magista's. I am definitely interested in the HVII with and without the collar.

But if were talking bang for buck the CTR360 is my go to. can find some great prices and they feel like heaven

24. HadiSultan

HadiSultan New Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi guys, somebody is offering me Nike Elastico Finale III for 50 dollars, however, they are in turf, while I play in a futsal court. If I buy them, will they work or will they prove to be a waste of money. I currently use nitrocharge 2.0, which I think were were turf but since they got worn down, they sort of feel like indoor shoes.

hjungj21o repped this.
  25. hjungj21o

hjungj21o Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally I wouldn't do it - EF3 is absolute garbage imo. There's something about the heel and I never quite got used to them. I'm trying to stack up on Finale 2s for that reason. I believe that "turf" variation has higher nubs than most other turf shoes out there... But can't be 100% sure. You can probably buy a pair of lunar gatos for $50 on ebay, which I think you'll find satisfactory.