General Banter NSR

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by JohnnyRanger, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like you'll get your wish. At first I thought it might just be a way for the Whitecaps to replace him without calling him out in the press, but after seeing those pictures - yeesh!

https://twitter.com/BrownieScott/status/449311098357821440/photo/1

2. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    the only hope for NR Coker staying with vancouver is that the regular right back, steven beitashore, stays with the iranian football team for the WC and his 2 rookie replacements stay injured

i just dont see NRC staying beyond the MLS transfer window in july- he's also too slow and vulnerable for the speedy forwards and we have enough MFs

i wonder which MLS team could use him in MF where he can be a dynamo when motivated and in top-notch condition/stamina to play significant minutes

3. Srodgers

Srodgers New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wish this forum was more active :(

4. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    So do I, but I think the mods chased everyone away with their heavy handed approach.

5. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    after watching him play vs seattle, coker had a very good game- he was driving down the wing with lots of grit and putting serious pressure on seattle with his overlaps- not sure he will stick around when beitashore returns, but he reminded me what a in-shape and determined coker can bring to the team

and the caps need 1 more element to their team- an attacker in the goal area who can head and create problems with his size- find that type of player who can nick the team with some goals and this is a team that can only be more dynamic as the season goes on and create some real damage should they make the playoffs

6. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I always love when you state the obvious.

7. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    well it is very obvious that you obviously do not agree with my remarks which i thought had obviously been stated very clearly- however, it is obviously not clear to you that i am obviously right and that you- in your attempt to to be obviously 100% correct- seemed to obviously have missed the not-so-obvious target

so obviously, i submit to your obvious comment

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Looking good..... too bad we here in Vancouver missed the boat on our own grass pitch stadium (not the Caps fault, it was all politics). BC Place is pretty good for the most part ; the turf is a disgrace and always will be unfortunately.

12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    That is a great idea.

We have a canadian soccer hall of fame.... I have never been there and have no idea what they have. I doubt it is a nice and shiny hall of fame.

We have the BC Hall of Fame (for all sports) at our stadium, BC Place that has been there for years and years. It is quite nice and perhaps getting the Canadian one into a stadium complex would be a great idea.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well at least I know where it is located...lol

The Soccer Hall of Fame and Museum was incorporated in 1997 and in 2000 the Museum was opened at the Soccer Centre in Vaughan, Ontario.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Interesting law.... I don't think it was intended as a means for rich guys to build other rich guys stadiums..... they better get in now because this is the kind of thing that could lead lawmakers to repeal it. :)

If I were a wealthy foreign investor, I would be all over this.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh unless of course those same wealthy foreign investors make some cash payments to certain lawmakers in order to make sure that repeal never sees the light of day...lol

18. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    True enough :)

19. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512850

Viewpoint: Why the US can afford to ignore Canada

"Canada's interests have hardly advanced during his time in office and, in some cases, have suffered," rued a columnist in the Toronto Sun. To be Canadian is to permanently lament the country's status - or lack of it - in American life.

One Canadian diplomat to the US entitled his memoirs, I'll Be With You in a Minute, Mr Ambassador. It was a refrain he heard often in Washington.

20. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    The reality is, they can't ignore us because their economy will collapse if we were not their biggest trading partner. Perhaps individual Americans can ignore us, who gives a shit. If the 17th hottest girl at the bar ignores you, you won't lose any sleep over it.

Their economy needs us, even if the vast majority of Americans have no idea.

Look in business and international negotiations , you win some and you lose some. Every time Canada "loses" in a particular instance you get all the self depreciating Canadians outraged at our politicians with no understanding. Every time Canada "wins" in an economic instance, nobody pays attention.

21. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States