News: General 2016-17 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bordeaux 0-4 Monaco. Falcao got a hat trick and his 3rd goal was a pen. after a mean ole Bordeaux defender threw little Benardo Silva to the ground.

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Not on these boards.

3. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Damn, when AS Monaco offense is click on, they are so fun to watch ! It has been goals galore so far this season for Jardim and teams.

Across the top 5 leagues in Europe, Monaco is currently stand at top as the most prolific team in finding the back of the net, scoring an incredible 53 goals in 17 leagues games into the season, this is an average of 3 goals a games, my target of 100 goals set for them was a real possibility I think.

Why care for "MSN" or "BBC" when you can have Monaco for the sheer of goalscoring entertainment. :p

SportBoy333 and lefutur repped this.
  4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    League Cup results

Paris SG 3-1 Lille
    Lyon 2-2 (3-4 tab) Guingamp
    Metz 1-1 (11-10 tab) Toulouse
    Saint-Etienne 0-1 Nancy
    Monaco 7-0 Rennes
    Bordeaux 3-2 Nice

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille, 3 wins in a row in 6th shooting up the table.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Huge win today for Lyon at Monaco. I wasn't very optimistic before the match but now I'm obviously feeling better about the rest of the season.

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  8. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Met up with a few mates at an internet cafe and watched Lyon/Monaco on an internet stream since Be in didn't have the game. One supports Bayern and Lyon. Other likes Chelsea doesn't follow other leagues too much but likes the game. Had 2 mochas each with a shot of peanut butter (wooo hooo)!!! OL_English retweeted my tweet!!! Super awesome!

Went into this match expecting Monaco to rip apart the Lyon defense, had 3-0 predicted. My notes on the match:

- I thought this game was thoroughly enjoyable. Had a good pace, some scrapiness, and end to end action. Game kept me guessing

- Lopes had a great game. He is a brave keeper and made a handful of saves and punches on crosses. Has to get some credit for organizing the D too. The defenders did pretty well, could tell the Monaco players were getting frustrated

- Can't believe Mendy kick Tolisso like he did, clear red probably will get a few extra games for that.

- The front 3 of Lacazette/Valbuena/Ghezzal were phenomenal. Countless times I was getting mad at Valbeuna for not shooting only to find a better option with a brilliant pass

- Ghezzal's finish was beautiful. Had an amazing cross on the 2nd. Sublime technique from Valbuena to score the 2nd. Perfectly controlled volley into the corner. He nestled it in the net like Santa delivering presents under the tree. Prime control from Lacazette with a cracking finish to ice the match

- Defending was good for the most part. A lot of well timed tackles, blocked shots, and good support. Got unlucky on the goal. Should have been a PK (handball) 2nd half

- Lacazette shouldn't take PKs anymore. Good pace on that shot but when taking a PK NEED to hit one of the 5 spots. Anyone who can't do that shouldn't be taking them.

- On the PK scrum, Subasic should have been sent off or carded and so should have 2 of the Monaco players who pushed Valbuena. Would have gave one to Valbuena too

- Not used to seeing Monaco so scrappy. They play with some physicalness but they got caught up in the BS. M'Bappe is a heck of a talent for them, surprised he didn't come on sooner...

- Fekir has been disappointing, has the quality but really has looked out of form, except on free kicks

Thats all I got, huge 3 points. Nice with a 4pt lead. Would be surprised if Monaco/PSG fall out of the race. Lyon is really turning it around, think its too late for a title push but UCL qualifying is definitely realistic

SportBoy333 and lefutur repped this.
  9. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Ouch ! double blows as red card for both Balotelli and Belhanda, luckily Nice still managed to come away with a draw and a point at Bordeaux.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I believe their entire starting back 4 was out for that game.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Nice's luck is about to run out. I don't think they have the depth to compete the entire way. I also believe Monaco will make it farther in the CL than PSG, which means they'll be thinned out on two fronts by March, which all in all should bode well for PSG to make their way back to the top :D despite Unai's questionable tactics and squad rotation thus far in Ligue Un.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Interesting prediction but Monaco could easily lose to Man City and Nice are out of 2 competitions already. They lose Belhanda and Seri to the African Cup so lets see who they bring in Jan. to compensate.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Actually I just read Belhanda out injured 4-6 weeks, probably miss the African Cup.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Maxifoot's top 10 summer transfer flops

1. Grzegorz Krychowiak
    2. Jesé
    3. Nicolas Nkoulou
    4. Hatem Ben Arfa
    5. Jérémy Ménez
    6. Alexander Kacaniklic
    7. Bryan Dabo
    8. Aaron Leya Iseka
    9. Jean-Philippe Mateta
    10. Clinton Njie

http://www.maxifoot.fr/football/article-30857.htm

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Maxifoot's top 10 best summer transfers

1. Younes Belhanda
    2. Kamil Glick
    3. Djibril Sidibé
    4. Wylan Cyprien
    5. Karl-Johan Johnsson
    6. Bafetimbi Gomis
    7. Mario Balotelli
    8. Dante
    9. Fernando Marçal
    10. Christopher Jullien

http://www.maxifoot.fr/football/article-30858.htm

16. Américain de l'OM

Américain de l'OM New Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Colorado Springs, United States
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd disagree with N'jie's inclusion in this list. He's been pushed out wide, which simply doesn't always seem to work for him. But, with Gomis suspended either against Monaco or Toulouse (in the Coupe de France) I think he'll finally get his chance. He seems so cool in front of goal (except when he should have scored the winner against Lyon...) and three goals he has were rather impressive, or at least a bit better than Gomis', who usually relies on tap-ins.

But yeah, Leya Iseka was a waste of time.

/http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/marseille-seeking-to-terminate-aaron-leya-iseka-loan/

lefutur and SportBoy333 repped this.
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Obi Mikel refused an offer from China according to ESPN. Good news for OM.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has terminated his loan with Galatasaray and will be back with Nantes.

20. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Le' equipe reporting Marseille are plotting a 40m bid for Payet

Would like to see it happen for the sake of the league. Doubt it would since I think West Ham will ask for more $$$

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    40 m for Payet? LMAO.

22. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Hey I think that would be a better value than Pogba for 100.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    15 m for Djordjevic from Lazio is not good value. I hope you dont fall for it.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003