News: General 2015-2016 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 18, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THREE NEW CLUBS IN LIGUE 1

4e journée – 30 août : AS Monaco – Paris Saint-Germain
    6e journée – 20 septembre : Olympique de Marseille – Olympique Lyonnais
    9e journée – 4 octobre : Paris Saint-Germain – Olympique de Marseille
    11e journée – 25 octobre : Paris Saint-Germain – AS Saint-Etienne
    13e journée – 8 novembre : Olympique Lyonnais – AS Saint-Etienne
    15e journée – 29 novembre : Olympique de Marseille – AS Monaco
    18e journée – 13 décembre : Paris Saint-Germain – Olympique Lyonnais
    25e journée – 7 février : Olympique de Marseille – Paris Saint-Germain
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1er et 25e journée : OGC Nice – AS Monaco
    6e et 30e journée : FC Girondins de Bordeaux – Toulouse FC
    13e et 21e journée : Olympique Lyonnais – AS Saint-Etienne
    14e et 35e journée : SC Bastia – GFC Ajaccio
    17e et 34e journée : Stade de Reims – ESTAC Troyes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1er et 21e journée : FC Nantes – En Avant de Guingamp
    2e et 30e journée : Angers SCO – FC Nantes
    5e et 29e journée : FC Nantes – Stade Rennais FC
    11e et 20e journée : FC Lorient – Stade Rennais FC
    12e et 27e journée : En Avant de Guingamp – FC Lorient
    19e et 34e journée : En Avant de Guingamp – Stade Rennais FC
    19e et 26e journée : FC Lorient – FC Nantes

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Someone look up the record low for pts in Ligue 1 history (20 club era) because I think GFCA could break it.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ludovic Obraniak linked to GFCA

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So Dimitri Payet is gone. I really didnt think it would happen because I didnt think the self proclaimed "biggest club in France" would sell its best player to an EPL bottom feeder. Sign of the times and it shows their lack of ambition. We can all point and laugh at them now. Bielsa is a mad man for wanting to go back to that mess.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You must have some OM friends. Can you explain to me why a club that is in the 2nd largest city in France and has the highest attendance every year, and is the most popular, why they don't have more money ? I really don't understand it.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Where would they get more money from? They make such poor financial decisions and in terms of results, they're unable to generate much revenue by consistently failing and letting all their "good" players go.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #10 SportBoy333, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    I saw what Labrune said about the Dimitri Payet situation. So much whining how they cant pay him what an EPL club can and instead he should be devoting most of his time to try to increase revenue streams for the club instead of just rolling over and admitting defeat. Loser mentality. The owner knows she cant meet the demands, expectations, and standards of the fans so instead of doing the right thing and selling to someone who can meet them, her and her crew just cling to the sinking ship like rats holding on for dear life. Am I wrong here ? I dont think so. Labrune wont resign, he's part of the crew thats clinging on holding on for dear life instead of doing the right thing and I dont know how you can respect that.

Yeah its unfortunate that West Ham United has more money than Olympique Marseille but the Premier League brass had a clear vision to make the league the best and they did that and Marseille and the rest of France had no vision and remained stuck in the old ways. You reap what you sow so I have no sympathy for them.

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...graet-a-un-reve-qui-concerne-le-psg-17528.htm

"Le PSG a un rôle à jouer. Monaco également. Je préférerais que nos grands clubs, qui ont des situations économiques fortes, s'intéressent aussi à nos internationaux. Je rêve de voir au Parc une équipe constituée pour moitié d'internationaux français. Ce serait mieux, pour tout le monde. Cela alimenterait le circuit. Et en terme de valeurs, on pourrait avoir une équipe compétitive "

This is nice and all, but I don't know why this is always aimed at the clubs? It's not that the clubs don't want French internationals, it's that French internationals all want to go abroad! The league needs to improve and the perception of it needs to change too. French internationals need to be given a reason to stay in Ligue 1 because I guarantee PSG would try to get these players if they could.

SportBoy333 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    German internationals dont seem to be in a rush or hurry to go play in England and Im pretty sure Bundesliga clubs cant pay players close to what EPL clubs can.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    « Ce qui m’amuse un peu, c’est d’entendre les gens dire "Ah, mais il va à Swansea ? Mais pourquoi là-bas ?" Je les invite à visiter les installations, à voir la mentalité des dirigeants, à voir le professionnalisme de tous ces clubs, et ils verront l’énorme différence qui existe entre beaucoup de clubs français et les clubs anglais. Quand les conditions d’entraînement, de terrain, de championnat, et financières, sont au-dessus de ce qu’il peut y avoir en France hormis deux-trois clubs, tout le monde partirait là-bas »

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/st-eti...il-n-y-a-pas-plus-logique-pour-tabanou,180627

Well Swansea is owned by a Welshman so I cant even use the excuse of "Swansea is a bigger club than St. Etienne because they have some foreign billionare Asian owner." St. Etienne can talk about their history and tradition all they want but in modern football globalization it doesnt mean jack.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  17. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This looks like this could be the best deal of the transfer window. Never scored more than 10 g a season at Ajax but only 25 so there's room for improvement. Lots of goals for Iceland though.

[​IMG]

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bordeaux rejected a 15m offer from Newcastle for Diego Rolan. You know what that means, it will probably get done. I dont like Bordeaux because of Triaud but I hate Newcastle more because they prey on Ligue 1. Then I read they plan on replacing him with Jordan Ayew and I was like oh s**t.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I also read Ben Yedder from Toulouse is expecting to sign with Seville which doesnt surprise me because I didnt expect him to stay in France.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol EPLs new TV deal >>>>>>>>>> CL final earnings

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Just look at how Bournemouth is going after Gradel, St. Etienne's best player and he actual wants to go there. :confused: