News: General 2014-2015 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 18, 2014.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ??? who said anything like that? unless you mean that OL played 4 EL qualification matches and PSG has still only played 2 CL matches

anyway, having to play in europe doesn't start to hamper anyone until the second half of the season, when there are also the domestic cups and teams can play 14 matches in 9 weeks. at the moment C1's a pretty lame excuse. PSG have a roster to play four tables and only two of those have even started.

AfrcnHrbMan and lefutur repped this.
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    dimitar berbatov suffered a hamstring early. Hasnt been reported yet how long he will be out.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Gourcuff. F*ck yeah.

AfrcnHrbMan and Pandore repped this.
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thank you, OL!

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    how many of you thought you'd never use the words gourcuff and beast in the same sentence? how wrong you were!

lefutur repped this.
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Djibril Cisse said this will probably be his last season because he's suffering from too much pain in his hip.

7. solus

solus Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Southern France
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Farewell to this great player, his injury ruined his career but at least he will retire with a CL medal in his cabinet

zizouForlife and guignol repped this.
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he was one broken leg away from having drogba's career. with no broken legs at all he would have left him in the shade. during the years they both played in france, DD wasn't a patch on him.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jordan Veretout

4 goals 3 passes

9 matches so far....
    looking like he's having a big year keep an eye on this dude

10. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan New Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Hi
    I may be putting this in the wrong discussion, if so sorry.

Recently I've been reading about Breton nationalism and I was wondering of all the clubs in the region is there any that actually lean towards the Independence cause or perhaps the clubs fan base is strongly vocal in support of the Independence movement.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there's a france NSR section but no problem here for me.

bréton separatism is nothing new but since WWII* it's never been anything but the fringe of a fringe. a vocal, even rabid one, but which probably doesn't involve more than 1-2% percent of the population.

Brittany has a very strong cultural identity through which "nationalistic" sentiments find wide expression. questions like the redrawing of regional limits and the possible inclusion of nantes excite great interest but there are no compelling economic or political reasons for even patriotic brétons to desire independance, the region is fairly prosperous and the general tendancy in france is towards more and more responsability being devolved on all the regions, not only brittany.

in the absence of any real grievances or aspirations the only stand left to the separatists is one excessively virulent and incoherent that smacks more of mental illness than any political platform.

for that reason it does seem logical they would try to garner support in the ends of football stadiums (i know whereof i speak since i am a denizen of one!) but i was unable to find any evidence of this. notably a very good wiki article about supporter rivalry in the region does not contain even one occurrence of either indépendance or séparatisme.

there are a couple of real bretons who post or used to post here regularly. perhaps they will pop up with their more authoritative viewpoints.

* it's important to realize that the bréton independance movement was only strong at one period, under nazi occupation and the moral and political tenor of the movement is still steeped in those tendancies

12. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan New Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I must say it was very informative and also very interesting. While also peeking my interest to possibly find out more. Thanks again.

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I still remember when he suffered that one against China in a friendly leading up to the Euros(?). I was gutted, he was in great form and getting better and better and at point, I had a gut feeling he would never be the same.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Baup in Bastia. Why couldnt he just enjoy his cushy commenting job ?

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thursday morning, Gervais Martel, president of Racing Club de Lens, issued a statement through the club's official website. A statement that is reassuring and confirming that 2.5 million were paid as expected. What approach the next pass before the DNCG in a week, with more serenity. Find the full press release below.

"We went to see Hafiz Mammadov Baku with whom we have an update on the status of the club and its future commitments. The first demand bank guarantee has been exercised within the period of 15 days following the receipt of non remaining € 2.5 million promised in late October 2014. The club Racing Lens will be received by the DNCG November 27, 2014, as will all the French clubs. On this occasion, we will give the necessary financial pledges to the sports development of the club.
    "

[​IMG]

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Leonardo Jardim has gotta go. Get his team qualified for the next rd of the Champions League and get someone else in place by Jan. Its just not working.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Very exciting 1st half of the season thanks mainly to PSG underachieving and Marseille and Lyon overachieving. Not sure what to expect in the 2nd half. Most teams don't have the money to strengthen in January. Wondering what the bottom clubs do to try to stay up or who is already planning for L2.

revsfan603 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bordeaux : W. Khazri - "il t'a payé Aulas ?"

Régulièrement critiqués pour leurs décisions mais aussi pour leur attitude, les arbitres de Ligue 1 ont tout de même le mérite de garder leur sang-froid. Illustration avec Ruddy Buquet lors de Bordeaux-Lyon dimanche (0-5), lorsque Wahbi Khazri (23 ans, 18 matchs et 5 buts en L1 cette saison) est venu le provoquer après l'expulsion logique de Nicolas Pallois.

Il est alors facile de lire sur les lèvres de l'international tunisien : "Il t'a payé Aulas ?", a lâché l'ancien Bastiais, sans pour autant provoquer de réaction de la part de l'arbitre.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    ^Nope it collapsed.

24. StarrMatthieu