News: General 2013-2014 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 24, 2013.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i won't be. i want gomis to stay right here until he's scored as many goals as nanar.

btw, i was surprised at how fat gignac has gotten again. he got the weight off once... ffs isn't multimillions of euros enough motivation for staying in shape?

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bielsa is going to be getting full powers and they are removing the position of atheltic director. Thats how they do it in England and Im not sure how many managers in France now get full powers with no one looming over their head. Someone who knows can fill me in. They want Bielsa with his connections to get them some good South American players for cheap.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I would be ok with that but players rarely resign with their teams after their contracts expire right ?

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Gignac would be much better severed in a smaller club. Im trying to think how they can upgrade over him with little money to spend. I think either Jordan Ayew flourishes under Bielsa, or they sign someone like Solomon Kalou, or get a big name from abroad on loan. Who I dont know.

5. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bielsa will probably get an Argentine or two at a good rate which certainly isn't bad... they have lots of attacking talent these days domestically and abroad I think.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #507 SportBoy333, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Jean-Louis Triaud who nobody likes finally says something smart.

« Le fair-play financier part d'une bonne idée, mais c'est contre-productif et cela risque de figer les situations au détriment des clubs qui veulent grossir. Vous allez garantir au Bayern, Manchester, Madrid et Barcelone qu'ils auront toujours des budgets supérieurs aux autres et qu'aucun investisseur ne pourra arriver dans un club et rattraper ce retard. Il faudrait aussi tenir compte de la dette des clubs qui est colossale. Pour moi, le fair-play financier est une ânerie. J'espère que l'avocat belge qui a porté l'affaire devant les tribunaux européens aura gain de cause et fera sauter ce truc qui me paraît totalement dépassé », a confié à l’AFP le président bordelais,

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Pierre Menes is right. The sanctions should also be extended to the Spanish clubs as well. But some justice is better than no justice.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im for a European DNCG but it wont happen.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    SportBoy333 repped this.
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #512 SportBoy333, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    The Spanish press revealed that Bordeaux made Zidane a 2 year offer. He's got to be foolish to take this job. They were once one of our largest French clubs but with limited resources now they arent the same. They are probably going to use him to attract attendance, sponsors, investors, etc so in that case it could be a smart move. I doubt he'd take the job if he was given the transfer budget that Gillot had which was close to nothing so there must be some guarantees. Anyway with PSG, Monaco, Bielsa, and Zidane and Lens hopefully, Ligue 1 is gonna be great next year. Cant wait.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I like Lyon too.. a young exciting team to watch.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #514 SportBoy333, May 10, 2014
    Also rumors of St. Etienne's coach going to England. Cant really blame him if he gets an offer. He hasnt extended with St. Etienne so there are rumblings. They pretty much have a self imposed salary cap there and why would he want that if he can go to England and splurge.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #515 SportBoy333, May 10, 2014
    Julien Sable retired after 16 seasons. Most known for playing 10 years with St. Etienne (302 matches.) Got some caps at the youth level (U16, U17, U21) but never at senior level. Your prototypical average journeyman player who never left France and went abroad. Another guy born in Marseille who never played for OM.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]

35 million euro budget vs 500 million euro budget. Should be a fantastic match. :D Serioulsy, probably mostly reserves for Barca since its a pre season friendly in a World Cup year.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Filip Djordjevic quit the team and emptied his locker before the season ended. What a classless guy.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think he deserves some defense. first of all, the 10M€ option was never going to be picked up no matter what. he was never going to be more than a stop-gap to give an academy player time to develop. and at first he wasn't good either on offense or defense. almost as bad as monzon who was a veritable flop. but he got better and better at both occupations and the main regret was his two injuries. un mal pour un bien perhaps because of the kids being groomed for that spot mehdi zeffane started looking OK and corentin tolisso even better. so the main mission was kind of accomplished.

maybe yes, maybe no. in the shipwreck that was ACA this season no survivors were possible.

where? nowhere special. i think many fail to take into account the fact that he was never really that good.

a similar situation except everyone but a few souls at espérances marseillaises corp. could see this from the beginning. at least he finally got his name spelled correctly on his jersey.

fanni i've always found overrated and payet practically an imposter. cissé i didn't see play a single minute but he was only a winter pick-up by a mid-table club, i don't think there's any cause for great disappointment. remember, he may be "only" 33, he's had two broken legs. danic never got a chance, and more due to tactics than intrinsic quality: what time he spent on the pitch was generally spent honorably. menez' situation is kind of similar even if the underlying cause is different: PSG bought players at a whole different level. if they they haven't offloaded him yet it's because they don't need the money... unless they simply forgot he was still on their squad.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Valencia bought by a billionaire from Singapore. So yeah FFP is hitting some clubs hard but it's not deterring potential buyers it seems.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    FC Sochaux relegated. Will anyone miss them lol ? Sorry that was mean but yeah enjoy Ligue 2.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  23. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Continental all-stars teams

Africa:
    ---------------Enyeama
    Aurier---Bayal---Djilobodji--Bedimo
    Boudebouz-Oniangue-Obbadi-Ayew