General 2009-2010 Ligue 1 Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by Pierre-Henri, Aug 14, 2009.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lmao

2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i found it on the Liverpool board.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    any chance of pasting it up here or describing it? my work firewall won't let it open.

4. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here you go!

[​IMG]

It's Puel and Lacombe putting flowers on the memorial site of the victims of 1989 Hillsborough Stadium Disaster.

5. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Nice to see Bobo Balde playing again with Valenciennes after being frozen out at Celtic.

Also good to see the big man get on the scoresheet today.

Great stuff when 60,000 fans used to shout "Bobo's gonnae get ye."

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    another great display from the French teams in the CL today. Here's hoping Ligue 1 gets a bit more respect now.

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just saw the results, especially nice to see Bordeaux win in Germany.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm surprised Bordeaux won in Germany. I thought Bayren would win. Nice to see Chamakh finally score in the CL. I dont know if OM can beat Milan and Real Madrid but its not impossible.

9. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew Real and Milan would draw. The two results between them "just happened" to work out perfectly so those two will almost certainly go through. Oh well, we should have beat Milan when we had the chance.

I guess we could theoretically beat Milan in Milan, then maybe at least draw with Madrid. And then possibly get through on a tiebreaker with Milan...or something.

Oh, and great result for Bordeaux. A Lyon win tomorrow would make this a very nice week for French football.

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's not impossible, both those teams are real beatable. OM just needs to want it.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    A couple of Bayren fans were saying Bordeaux isnt even that good. No respect at all for the French champs. I'm so glad I dont support teams like Bayren Munich. Most of Bordeaux's CL goals have been from set pieces, so offensively they are a bit challenged but defensively they are so good.

12. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, Blanc's built that team damn well. The names don't necessarily jump out at you, but it definitely works.

13. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And Bayern are ? Bordeaux beat them twice ! :rolleyes:

Without Franck their team is nothing . It's sad that a team with Bayerns history and cash rely on one player lmao .

Anyway , very good nite for french teams , was watching the Bordeaux game and Gourcuff looks like a player who's very tired :( . Trémoulinas continues to impress me , now Clichy will know miss the play-offs it's a good time to call him up .

Hope Lyon can do the business tomorrow night .

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea really, If Bordeaux aren't that good, Bayern must be relegation candidates.
    One even said 'a better team would have ripped them to shreds' or something of the sort. I guess that means, Bayern is a shit side, and will be even more so when Ribery leaves in the summer.

15. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well said HrbMan . ;)

They sound like a bunch of morons .

16. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    blanc has done good job with bordeaux, he uses what he has, instead of managers who are so spoiled with multimillionaire budgets. its shame very few coaches can win with what they have. good congrats to bordeuax.

OM needs confidence, and to not view their opponents as superior, madrid is beaten, if we hold our on in milan we can win or draw

17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM's loss in France to Milan is what's going to cost them I feel . That was a game OM should've won .

There's still some hope I guess .

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I hope Lucho is back for those next 2 games. Not that he's been impressive so far but he'd be nice to have out there at least.

19. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Who say's Lyon is bad for french football? Mounier to Remy for the goal that downs PSG in the last few minutes of the second half. Talk about righting the ship, Nice has won 4 out of their last 5 games now, and are on the rise in the league.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Very interesting table right now. Lot of lower budget teams near the top. The top 2 are not surprising. I really hope Auxerre, Valenciennes, Lorient and Montpellier fall off and either OM, PSG or Monaco can get that last CL spot which I think will happen. All 3 of them have top players missing or who are out of form at the moment.

21. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Monaco is still looking strong. The other clubs will start to fall off as the matches wear on and they start to pick up injuries. Just not deep enough to finish in the top 1/3 i imagine.

there were more goals scored today, than on saturday which featured 14 teams to 6 lol.

22. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm wondering if anyone could offer an opinion on Olivier Giroud of Tours. I appreciate that he plays in Ligue 2 and this is a Ligue 1 thread but I wasn't sure where else to put it and didn't want to open a new thread on the subject.

My club, Celtic, are rumoured to be lining up a move for him in January. The price is speculated to be around the £2mill mark.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there's a Tours FC thread here and I'm copying your post to that thread. matt's a regular here so you should get an answer shortly!

24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Damn. My apologies for the misplacement. I should have taken more time. And thanks for the re-posting in the appropriate thread.

25. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's like the twilight zone is visiting France! Bordeaux and Lyon are sandwiched between Auxerre and Valenciennces while Montpellier is sitting pretty in 5th! Nice moved up from 19th to 9th in the span of three weeks and Monaco have still managed to remain in the top then.

Too bad Marseille couldn't do enough to move into the top five, and PSG's strong start seems to continue halting.