Gazza sacked

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Shurik, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    And so it goes.
    The Horses have canned their glorious League-winning coach Valeri Gazzayev. I guess, they are really, really serious about getting past KR Reykjavik in next year's CL qualifiers.
    Gazza's replacement, however, possesses a rather strange name. I am not sure if my transliteration is correct, but it sounds like Georgie. Which makes him either Brazilian or a monkey.
    The latter sounds both more likely and desireable.

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they fired the coach who led the team to a championship and a place in european football?!?

3. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    So it seems.

4. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They fired a coach who got whupped by Albania & Georgia, came within an inch of not making the playoff stage of a very easy group....and whose despicable loss in CL to a Macedonian nobody team in CL instantly replaced Spartak's poor run of results in Euro competition & Russia's less than stellar performance in Japorea as the shame of the sporting nation.

I still look at the roster, the players available, and cannot figure out how that team didn't walk thru to automatic qualification. Well, not taking account of Gazza's slavish devotion to the hordes of CSKA putzes he trundled out there on a game to game basis, putzes that had absolutely no business wearing the National Team jersey.

And he cheated his way to the RPL title, by the way.

Good riddance.