Gaza Thread Discussion Part IV

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Guardian: "Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child"

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, I really, really wish my tax money wasn't being used for this bullshit.

2. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't buy your proposition whatsoever.

Moreover, you're not nearly as cleaver as you think when you try to limit my rersponse to one word. It's like me asking you if you've stopped beating your mom -- YES or NO???

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Maybe we can focus on the reality of the situation nd stop discussing what and should and in how in '48. Now for some updates on the ground.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1232100161716&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Mashaal: We won't accept Israeli conditions for cease-fire

He said Hamas is defending Palestinian people - what a joke, unless he means defending as in hiding among women and children who are defending Hamas.

In other related news:
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231950868927&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
    Fatah cracks down on Hamas in W. Bank

So the plan is to end Hamas - maybe that will bring some change for once.

and of course Iran:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1056131.html

4. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Assuming an investigation finds this officer guilty (I take anything the Guardian says with a big block of salt, given their deep-seated anti-Israeli bias), he should receive the same sentence any other murderer receives. Having said that, I don't hold the entire IDF culpable for the actions of an individual (or individuals, if it is found that others either aided him or were iinvolved in a coverup). Similarly, as upset as I am as are many others in the shooting of an unarmed man in Oakland, http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090114/ap_on_re_us/train_station_shooting
    I don't hold the entire Oakland police force responsible.

5. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
  6. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    US and Israel agree to prevent arms-smuggling:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1056173.html

Not sure still how it works.

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Sounds great in theory, but it's probably as effective as interdicting drug shipments. You get some, but miss a whole lot more. Having said that, some effort (anything, really) in cutting off arms shipments is better than doing nothing.

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't want to know what happens in your house.

It seems you can't comprehend the events that is going on in PALESTINE.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Stop trolling with your dumbass questions and dumbass bold font already. Nobody is going to respond to you.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Are you originally from Brooklyn? (...the tings...)

12. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, you asked me about my house.

If you want to answer the question about whether you've stopped beating your mother -- YES or NO -- I will respond to you. Otherwise, stop asking stupid questions and you won't get the same in return.

13. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I asked you about your house. NOT YOUR MOTHER!

So you reply my question first because i asked you first and you declined to answer it.
    And then i'll answer your question very gladly.

14. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, this all this boils down to is who is first in line?

Well then logically you must agree that the Jews with a 3,500 year claim to the land have a stronger claim than a group of people that didn't even have an identity until about 80 odd years ago. Right?

15. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Sir Gerald Kaufman MP in the UK Parliament on the Israeli action in Gaza:

[youtube]qMGuYjt6CP8[/youtube]

16. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    weren't their people living there before the Israelites? Canaanites, Amorites, etc. I thought those people were mentioned in the Torah/Old Testament, which is why I think going back 3500 years is pointless. Have to face the situation as it stands from a modern perspective and go with what is already there.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Oh, so he was friends with Golda Meir and Yasser Arafat. I wonder what Golda Meir would have said about that if she was still alive.

Sad to see another Jew speak that way, really sad, especially seeing as how his parents were murdered in the Holocaust.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He's one of the reasons why so many think how they do about Jewish people. He's an embarassment to his parents and those who died so Israel can be re-born again.

19. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's part of my point Dan. People will choose the point in time that's most convenient for them. If someone wants to holler about 1918, I'll respond that we should talk about life 3,500 years ago. Unless people can get past whose land it should have been, we'll never get around to figuring a solution.

20. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may deplore you for minimizing the holocaust, but I have to give credit where credit is due...your cutting and pasting of youtube clips is amazing.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Just to be clear, what identity is that?

Even if these people didn't have an identity before:rolleyes:, doesn't mean Israel can kick them out of the land they own.

22. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I figured we were on the same page after my Pharoh comment. :)

23. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palestinian. There really was no concept of a Palestinian identity until after WWI. The demand for a homeland first occurred in 1921. The Jewish claim to the land goes back 3,500 years.

See, maybe if you stopped trying to trick people with stupid questions you might learn something.

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    You stupid stupid boy. It was a demand for the Israeli occupiers to get out of the land of the Palestinians.

Palestine is not a new word. It has been used for centuries. I'll go with these two to illustrate my point.

• In 638 CE, Caliph Omar Ibn al-Khattab and Safforonius, the Byzantine governor of Jerusalem, signed Al-Uhda al-'Omariyya (The Umariyya Covenant), an agreement that stipulated the rights and obligations of all non-Muslims in Palestine.
    • Umayyad rule (661–750 CE):- Under Umayyad rule, the Byzantine province of Palaestina Prima became the administrative and military sub-province (jund) of Filastin - the Arabic name for Palestine from that point forward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Roman_rule_.2863_BCE.29

Okay i won this debate. What's your next move?