Gaven Found

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Pegasus, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the last few days I have seen people in both the full national team and the U20's ask about Gaven. The latest U20 email says - Eddie Gaven of the MetroStars is resting a hernia injury.

Guess that says it all. Hope he returns quickly. I believe he and Dempsey will end up fighting for the right mid spot for Germany '06.

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I was starting to get worried, my mind was running wild. Didn't Clark have a hernia last year.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they were carrying the team. (rim shot)

4. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
  5. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    Well that explains it. That really sucks. I broke my collar bone like a month ago and I just got the OK to get back on the workout bike earlier this week, nothing sucks more than just lying around waiting for something to get better and watching everyone else play, it especially sucks when you really really wanna get back out there and you know if you do you're only gonna make life worse. On the bright side though his season's over and it's not like he tore his achilles or his ACL or something like that.

6. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    What is it about soccer players and hernias? It seems to be a common injury in this sport for whatever reason.

7. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
    HA!! :D

8. mellowjohnny

mellowjohnny Member

Nov 4, 2004
    USA

:eek: OUCH, after the surgery he wont be able to do any soccer activity for a while without it hurting

9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Van Nistelrooy had a similar operation recently. It took him ~ 6 weeks to come back, IIRC.

10. needsashower

needsashower New Member

May 2, 2004
    down by the river
    Freddy Adu had a party since his Mom went to Atlantic City and Eddie tried to lift a half of Bud all by himself. Those suckers weigh in at around 190#.

11. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Especially our U-20s - Quaranta, Convey, Gaven, etc.

12. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And people related to my husband, too. Two of my 3 boys had hernias and my husband's working on his second right now. I thought you'd enjoy me sharing that. I feel sorry for their moms or whatever sucker was looking after them in the days post surgery. :D

13. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my dad has two at the same time ... but they can't operate because he's waiting for a liver transplant. :(

but at least we found eddie! :)