Gary Breen..the calming influence....

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by closey, Aug 6, 2002.

1. closey

closey New Member

Jul 26, 2002
    UK
    I went to the Reading - West Ham game last night and witnessed a full strength West Ham side concede five goals against newly 1st Division promoted Reading......end score...5-4 to Reading...

However, once the cultured centre back of Gary Breen came on they never conceded.......He looks lean and mean but me thinks he still turns like an oil tanker.......we shall see.

West Ham though....only pre-season but still think they have a few problems coming their way next season....Another blunder by James in nets for the third goal....dont think he is England's solution to the ageing Seaman/Martyn partnership....

closey

2. Nigel_Sausagepump

Nigel_Sausagepump New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    UK
    I reckon Breener is just one horrible mistake away from regaining his former status as Phil Babb's less talented sidekick.
    Good to read today that Ferguscum reckons that O'Shea has everything in his locker - pace, distribution, poise and heading ability and is only lacking some toughness.
    Throw him in for half an hour with Keane in training and that should sort him, Alex.

3. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Don't know about Breeno, I'll have to reserve judgement after a full season.