Garlick status?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Worm Burner, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    Anybody have any idea when we can expect Garlick back? I'm a lot more confident in the Rapids playoff hopes if he is in goal.

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Last I heard late September. I'm in the same boat about the confidence thing.

3. LittleMy

LittleMy Member

Jul 16, 2001
    I've heard that he may not be back at all this season, but that was second or third-hand information, so who knows how accurate it was.

Our chances might be better with Garlick than with Kramer, but unless the rest of the guys start playing more consistently in front of him (whoever it is), it won't really matter.

If I had to choose between either Garlick's return or an improved performance from the rest of the guys, I think I'd choose the latter.

Having both would be preferable, of course...

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Have heard from multiple sources that he's done for 2002.

5. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came out for the practice this morning. I didn't stick around very long, but I can attest that at the very least he was dressed for the practice and still had his thumb taped.

6. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I interviewed Garlick after the 3-0 win against San Jose. At the time he said the cast was coming off that Tuesday and that he was going to start rehabbing right away. He figured he might be ready by the playoffs and maybe the final against KC. That all depended on how well Kramer was playing and if Hanki wanted to risk him.

I say, if he can go, then he should at least be on the bench for the playoffs. I'm hoping he will be fully fit by then, but I'm not betting on it.