Gardner-Webb University

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by shaggycat, Oct 29, 2004.

1. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    Does anyone have any knowledge about Gardner-Webb University(what style of play, what the coach is like, or even stuff about the school)? I am considering playing there, so any information will be helpful. Thanks

2. UofMSoccer

UofMSoccer New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    I think they just became Division 1 a couple years ago. I think they are something like 3-14 so far this year. I haven't seen them play but it seems like their style of play would involve a lot of defense ;)

3. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    Anyone on style of play or any knowledge of the program. They played South Carolina close, and were within 3 minutes of beating them, so they can play. Anything? :confused:

4. samtron

samtron New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    GWU is a up and coming program. The coach has been there for a while and has brought them up from D2 to D1. They like to attack. They have lost some games in the last 10 min. because they continue to attack. They play a nice ball control game. Their young and ready to make their move. They need the players. If you want to be apart of something that is growing and get some imediate playing time--this could be the place for you. If you want to watch from the bench for 2 years go somewhere else.

They have a new young assistant that is recruiting hard - so they should be good soon.

Good luck with your decision. I thing Gardner-Webb would be a good one.

5. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    Thankyou very much for the advice. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will definately take all that you mentioned into consideration when making my final decision.

6. guestguest

guestguest New Member

May 12, 2004
    Although a lot of colleges are in terrible locations, and lots have disgusting campi, my choice for the worst is probably G-W.

It's ugly, and hot as hell spring, summer, and fall.

7. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    Man, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. The campus was beautiful. It was all red brick, had a large lake with lots of trees and green spaces. I could see how you might complain about the temperature, but I am from the south, and it is hotter where I am from than it is at GWU. Plus I like it hot. I just wandered about info on the program.

8. G-Pleasa

G-Pleasa New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Tha Dirty South
    G-W is in the middle of Bumblefck, NC. So I wouldn't go there for the experience. I wouldn't go there for the soccer either.....they are terrible. I played in the same conference as them and they've been routinely spanked week in and week out ever since they joined.

9. jaques

jaques New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    SC
    If you're looking for a smaller school with an outstanding soccer program..
    Coastal Carolina University...NCAA's the past fours seasons, play good schools outside of the Big South...oh yeah, 8 minutes from Myrtle Beach, SC. :cool:

check the web site
    CCU

10. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    I was checking out the website, and I just realized that I knew a guy from the team. From what he has said, he likes it a lot.