Garber's reply to my email

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by yalpstel, Dec 15, 2005.

1. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bailamos:

Read wassuper's letter above.

Gain some real perspective man.

2. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets given away for free (e.g. to sponsors, etc.) count too. That's true in any team in any sport, so I'm not just picking on LA, but it seems more obvious in the Gals' case.

3. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG. This letter ought to be plastered in every publication across the country.

4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Look.

Shut the hell up w/ attendance smack, all right?

You know why?

1. B/c you're essentially encouraging LA fans to come here and put you in your place. Nobody wants that b/c we're trying to be resepectful.

2. B/c most LA fans will refrain from coming here out of respect, but they'll bag on you elsewhere. And then that'll make LA fans look bad, and then at that point, ppl won't give a damn and will come here and start flame wars. And they'll pull up your ref conspiracy bs that makes all SJ fans look like pathetic whiners.

Nobody wants that.

Do your part in avoiding flame wars, m'kay.

5. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, kick us when we are down.

6. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Really stupid. Go away.

7. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** off. Ah, I feel better.

8. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that AEG and MLS are not above lying about pretty much anything whenever it suits them. They have their track record here and elsewhere. I believe they're lying about your ticket 'sales' because of what we can all see with our own eyes regarding butts in seats. You can make a sell out if you sell the tickets to a garbage can for $0.01 each.

I don't vilify anyone simply for trying to make a profit...it about how you go about it. The Russian mafia just wants to make a profit.

9. wassuper

wassuper New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    thanks yalpstel; I appreciate it. I think it's important that Garber know how much today's events have hurt us and that, ultimately, we're willing to work with him - he just needs to go the extra step and demonstrate his willingness to work with us.

10. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be your ref conspiracy bs....and take your own advice. Some people may find you a charming troll, but you're just an garden variety troll. What will you do with your time when I'm not here and you can't follow me around picking fights?

11. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This is just plain, unmitigated crap. You should know if you've paid any attention to the situation that AEG never intended to stay as i/o of the Quakes and to make a profit from that operation. They said from the get-go that they were just taking over as caretaker and had no interest in this area. If they had been interested in making a profit, their approach would have been fundamentally different.

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

if SJ hadnt won the cup that year, SJ wouldve been contracted rather than THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA, which one of thoses teams had a SSS AND a O/I

13. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There is a lock-down mental health facility in Rosemead that you can check yourself into. I would suggest applying to LA county mental health as soon as possible.

14. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without the Quake fans to police, he will go back to masterbating to avatars.

15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It boggles my mind that one the day you lose your franchise, you're talking attendance smack to the highest attended team in the league. What's next? The Ref Conspiracy?

No frickin' wonder ppl chimed in w/ "move SJ" more often than "60-90 days".
    Take into account what your "eyes" see.

What I saw at Spartan was a ticket price set-up that propped up the very false image of healthy attendance. Sorry, but the attendance overall was not "healthy". It always "looked like more on t.v."

That's b/c SJE sold tickets at essentially a $10-30 discount as opposed to the west side.

And this is part of the problem that never really got addressed in this forum. SJ's income was severely limited by the cheap price of what were really premium seats.

In short: SJE "propped up" their attendance figures by selling premium seats for dirt cheap prices. If they had a pricing structure closer to LA's, no way in hell would they have had 13K/average. You do realize that LA almost doubled your attendance, right? And you do realize that, just on ticket sales alone, LA's revenue was more than likely 4x that of SJ?

Also, bear in mind that most of the premium seats are sold to corporate sponsors as part of their partnership package. SJ could only wish that they had that level of partnership.

And last but not least, LA fans are pretty knowledgeable, and to be frank, the past 3 seasons left much to be desired on the field. That had a severe impact on fans using their tickets. If they had performed like they did during the playoffs in winning their second MLS Cup title, there wouldn't have been nearly as many empty seats.

Now, I know that you've seen this b4, but you were prolly more focused on your ref conspiracy and your other bs conspiracy to actually take note.

You really give SJ fans a bad name, KMJ...

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Shall I drag up you in all your glory? I seem to remember some c-lassic posts in which you utterly failed to accept defeat. That's your conspiracy, not mine.
    Don't flatter yourself. If you start attendance smack I'll catch it. I'm kinda like Goodsport that way.

17. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical of you....I was having a conversation with someone else about something that included attendence as one element of it and it was no big deal until you came here and started throwing around phrases like "attendence smack" and "ref conspiracy" for no other purpose than to stir up trouble and pick one last fight with me.

And you are a two-faced, pathetic bully with nothing better to do than troll.

18. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It boggles my mind on the day our team's throat is cut, you have the nuts to come in here and AGAIN play board cop. ******** off, Carlos. Get the ******** out of here and let Quakes fans vent without you standing on a soapbox. Go join Mike and piss in someone else's grave. Putz.

19. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO, Goodsport has class, you are a meaningless little cynic now dancing on our grave playing board cop. I truly wish this wan't a board but an actual room and you were two feet away. Little ********, leave.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong again.

It's exactly because of Miami's I/O that the Fusion were unfortunately contracted as explained in that link. Their "SSS" didn't factor into it.

The league then briefly decided between SJ and TB before deciding to contract the latter. SJ still had SVS&E as an I/O while TB was league-owned and for some unfortunate reason couldn't find a local owner there. San Jose was in no danger of contraction then, regardless of whether or not they made it to MLS Cup 2001.

But by the time AEG took full control of the Quakes (again, explained in that link), contraction was no longer an option, and it was only then that relocation was a possibility (as Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment wouldn't have relocated the Quakes anywhere).

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

21. Eskandarian11

Eskandarian11 New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Im not doing that, I was being serious, they are the next closest team, why not support them if you intend to still support MLS.

22. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

23. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, just ignore me. You labeled my comments with the loaded "conspiracy" word over and over and over and over in some attempt to make it true that I said that in regards to refs. So certain comments about referees in MLS are mine and the word conspiracy belongs to you.
    Don't follow me to the Spurs board because that's the only place I'll be once this dies down. I hate you...you hate me. Just leave it at that and stop following me around. You stirred up this flame war. I don't instigate any interaction with you because I would prefer to have nothing to do with you ever. Why is it so hard for you just to do the same?

24. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just setting the record straight.

And apparently, a lot more ppl around here appreciate it...

You... are the extreme, fyi.
    Sure. If it makes you feel better.

How many ppl here are trying to focus on MLS' intent TO COME BACK.

Hello!! In the next few months, SSV is going to need your help to focus on the overall goal of MLS in NoCal.

Speak for yourself. I just get annoyed by your tendency to repeat tired arguments based on half-truths.

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Dancing on your grave??

Why don't you stop masturbating to avatars and read what I say?