Garbage goals!

Discussion in 'Player' started by servotron, Nov 4, 2004.

1. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    As a forward, and a big, tall guy, I get my share of garbage goals. However last night in my indoor game I think I got the ultimate cheap goal: After a thwarted attack on the goal, the keeper came up with the ball. The defenders and attackers cleared out to get open for the keeper's throw, and I turned around to cover the throw or pressure the keeper if he decided to dribble. I took three steps away from the keeper, turned my head, and stuck out my right foot (back still to the goal) and BAM the throw hit my foot and travelled swiftly past the helpless goalie and into the right side of the goal, 4 feet high.

Anyone have any tips or stories about wierd, close, or otherwise "garbage" goals?

2. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    how did you start a thread?

3. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Simple: I started this thread, then I went and posted something in the Politics forum which the mod did not agree with, and he gave me a yellow card. As a paying member, I feel great about that, and I'm whining and bitching about it everywhere until it's removed.

4. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My opinion on garbage goals are really just, a goals a goal :p. Sure i'd rather have or see a pretty goal but I don't care if it's crap... if it's in the back of the net, so what ;).

5. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was playing with some of my friends and one of my friends (goalkeeper) gets the ball and begins dribbling. He tries to pass it to outfielder but I intercept and score. I laughed at him and he got rather pissed off. I wonder why ?? :D

6. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I've scored by slide tackling one of the opposing defenders before. That was funny. Serves him right for tarting about in the six yard box.

7. Achillies

Achillies New Member

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd say you were in the zone that game. Good instincts. Nice goal!! 99% of it is being in the right place at teh right time.

We had a guy on our team we called "Oscar" because of all the trash goals he picked up! LOL!

But a goal is a goal IMO.

8. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I think everyone has had their share of garbage goals, but like everyone says a goals a goal, and me, a few seasons ago, indoor, i was standing in front of the goalie like i always do, and he started to get pissed with me, so the next time, i was walking away, and he hurled it directly at my head, well he was at the top of the arc, and the way it hit my head.... went off my head, right over his, into the net, he was so pissed he came after ME???? Got thrown out, and we won.... by one goal! It was awesome, except for the headache that followed. Definately a goal I wont forget.

9. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My teammate was running down the right wing the ball and i ran in to recieve the cross, when he crossed in, i tried to do something fancy since we were already 2-0 up. I tried to hit is with my heel, but instead it hit my hip and bounced into the far corner. The 'keeper was so confused. Everyone on my team actually thought i scored with with my heel and how amazing the goal was but i knew that it was a huge garbage goal. Unfortunately, that goal didn't help because we blew a 3-0 lead and lost 6-3.

10. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, okay thats funny!

Lee <---- who HASN'T scored his share of garbage goals!

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like someone said a goal is a goal they all count yeah, some are more spectacular than others but if the ball bounced off my bottom into the back of the net i'd still be pleased - lol.

appleCORR

12. senorbuckwheat

senorbuckwheat New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Yep. I wouldn't call them garbage goals. Most of them are from not giving up. They are from effort. Love of the game. Never quitting. (i.e. see Gary Lineker")

13. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I was once played a through that I couldn't cath up to. The Keeper picked up the ball, I turned around and headed back. The keeper punted it off my head. The ball went sideways across the top of the box. My teammate blasted it at an empty net, it hit the post and bounced off the keeper and in.

I also saw once a keeper who had just made a save and was walking around the penalty area, all of the sudden drop the ball and go after a guy on the sideline who was talking smack. One of the forwards just went and kicked it, the ref allowed it.

By far the funniest goal I've ever seen though I saw on the local news. There was a game going on when a huge bolt of lighting struck the field, and about half the players, almost all defenders for the same team, just fell over as if dead. The guy with the ball just kept playing, and scored a lovely shot from about 10 yards out just out of reach of the motionless keeper. You gotta love that never quit, love of the game attitude. ;)

14. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    We have a winner.

15. lilone9

lilone9 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    I play for a U17 girls travel team and we went to a competitive tournament in Virginia. The whole weekend it was pouring rain. One game it was just starting to calm down a bit but the grass was really wet and slippery. The other team was like 10 times our size and played very dirty. They bragged about everything they did well and wouldnt stop talking trash to us. One girl on my team made a fine shot but the goalie stopped it. And the goalie was a little too confident in herself and yelled back to the the girl who shot it, "that's the best you can do?" but as she ran up to punk the ball she started to slip on the wet grass but continued to kick it. She was falling and kicked the ball backwards (like a bicycle kick) and the ball traveled back, over her head and into the goal. The goalie was on her back while the ball was in the back of the net. We weren't too proud of the goal but they had what was coming to them.

We ended up winning 2-0.

I dont understand why some teams use dirty play and mouths thinking that they are going to win because it doesnt help at all. Even their coach didnt have very good sportsmanship.

16. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I took a shot and the goalie saved it. Once he caught it, he quickly ran up to the top of the 18, where I was still standing. He punted it with me still two feet in front of him. I saw he was punting it so I turned my back to him and the ball hit my back and went in haha! We were already up like 4-0 tho. Another was I took a shot from way out and I had mishit it really badly so it was going over 10 yeards wide but it deflected off a defenders side and went in.

17. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've scored a few garbage goals, but none that were especially interesting. Just plain vanilla tap-ins.

However, there was the garbage non-goal: in my freshman season in college I once had the ball at my feet less than 1 yard from the goal line, and the keeper completely out of the picture. I actually managed to put that one out for a throw-in.

And then there was the incredible improbable save: in an intramural game I shot from about 25 yards out, a bending ball. The keeper was not very good, and fell for it a bit too easily. He leaped early to his right. The ball snapped to the right and downward... went off the keeper's butt, and then the post, and then back out.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember i another one i got, i shot the ball from the corner of the 18, it went straight towards the keeper, rolling on the ground, He forgot to close his legs when he went to pick the ball up, and he must of moved his hand wrong or something because the ball wound up the net...

19. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA
    took a shot once from the top of the midfield circle, a defender who was just pushing up from about the 18 yard box mistimed his jump, ball landed on top of his head and sailed over his gk straight into the goal...

I of course meant to do that :D

20. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know how coaches say to follow up shots? It can result in several garbage goals a season. I scored off two deflected saves in one game last season, easiest goals ever.

21. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I had another garbage goal, i was running towards the goal, and a teammate put the ball in towards the net, and i was running the in the box, as i was running, it hit the outside of my head (side not facing the goal) the ball went of my head off the goalies back, into the net. Just so happens, game winner! I love me some garbage goals.

22. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    I got nut-megged from mid-field about 4 years ago. :( :eek: Beat that! :D

23. theblondsoccerstar

theblondsoccerstar New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    UT, USA
    When i was watching my little bro's game, the goalie made an awesome save, and it just so happens, that when the goalie backed up w/the ball in his hands to to a drop kick, he backed up too far and past the line into the goal! So, he basically "walked" in a goal for the other team! lol! :p