Games January 30

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by GoStorm, Jan 25, 2010.

1. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if the people of Rockford get behind the Rampage like they do the Icehogs we can have something special in Rockford. Now, if we could all move the Metrocentre closer to Highway 90 our Chicago land Brothers could have an easier way to the games. Cheaper ticket prizes, free parking and a very good team.

2. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the are like beans man if mexicans can jump our boarders then they can jump in to first place in the MISL

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they need to get behind rockford they are our Next MISL champion i think every one has been over looking this team even the fans

4. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Capt. Chaos--it appeared that after time ran out, Bontti was taunting the WildBoyz and gesturing to them. What was he saying? Did he flip you guys off?

5. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are Right and with the Milwaukee rivalry this could be a very good MISL city.

6. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Oh Ya Capt. Chaos - what happened back there at the end of the game??
    Cannot believe that YOU would make a player from the other team mad??
    Wow - so unlike you!! whoops lightening may strike my house

7. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how. Even the IceHogs only drew around 4,000 per game last season and they are the Blackhawks top minor league team. I don't think Rockford will ever support the Rampage.

8. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    what is with me and Bontti is on during the game...each time he came to us start of 2nd start of 4th he was trying to get us going...lol started blew kisses to each other too at half like an f-off gesture.
    Then when we were swearing at him in spanish...he started waving "louder" remember No-ingles for senor bontti. I was giving him the DX-suck it gesture and what not, we wanted to beat his you know what. Then after the game i just went to the locker room talked with him, Chile, Ughy and marianno...everything is good.

Afterwards post game was at Alvarez Restaurant and at first they didn't wanna bring La RaZa in...but they did and Bontti was dancing the night away....he said(through my interpretor Josue) that he loves that there is a group that is so into the game and is hardcore into cheering and getting onto the other team...he said he loves that part...except when they start losing :).

that team is classy off the field...except still for Genoni...bastard still had this evil glare at me at the post-game even though i said his name once during the game....probably why they won...didn't call him a fat slob or nuttin.

Basically there are just a few players that hate me on and off the field...Dusosky, Greenfield, Genoni....and of course the man of the Pizza Mr Meola. Maybe i should be worse...or just drunk

9. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    to know you is to love you!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    THEY JUST DON'T KNOW YOU!!

10. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you are saying that even if the Rampage was to draw lets say 3000 people per game they wouldn't be able stay in business? If that's the case ,then most , if not all of the teams in the Misl would be out of business. I will agree with you that the attendance has been disappointing but if 4000 per game is the magic number, I don't see how Philadelphia, Monterrey and even Milwaukee make it. I think there are other factors that go into a team making it in a city. Where would you suggest the Rampage move to ,Chicago. Have you heard of the Power, the Storm, and the Sting? Maybe you are right, maybe Rockford will never support the Rampage but I'm hoping a city of 150,000 wakes up and supports a pro team like a small city of 100,000 did with the Greenbay Packers.

11. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rampage can probably stay in business drawing 1000 a game like they are now because they have a wealthy owner. But I can't imagine the ooner would want to keep losing so much money. My understanding is that the teams you mentioned have lost money in the past.

I'm not sure a move to Chicago would work but I think the Rampage would at least draw better in Chicago. Considering that the owner is from the Chicago's suburts I would think that they are at least contemplating a move to the Chicago area.

12. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you pick your poison, loose alot of money and draw 1500 to 2000 people like the Storm did and pay a very large amount in arena rental some $30,000 per game @ the Sears Centre and still go out of business. OR Pay alot less at the Metrocentre , buy yourself more time and Possibly create a loyal following in Rockford. The misl's history is full of larger cities not being able to support teams.
    My point is maybe medium to small cities are a better fit for the indoor game.

13. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're generally right that middle-sized cities are better for indoor soccer. I just don't think it's going to work in Rockford. I hope I turn out to be wrong (but I don't think I will).

14. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On paper Rockford looks like the perfect fit, 10,000 youth soccer player in the area, 4 youth Soccer clubs,two indoor facilities, a large Hispanic and Easter European communities.I can't blame anybody for trying this in Rockford.But, I've lived long enough in Rockford to see this city F@&K up so many things that, this wouldn't surprise me. I really hope you are wrong buddy, but I guess we will see.

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE I will agree with you that the attendance has been disappointing QUOTE]

if you can watch the game for free why would u go to it & spend several hundred bucks i have watched them all from home

16. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    good for a lot of folks but to be at the game is an experience
    you get a lot more at a game then watching B2 and getting all the announcements on the jumbrotron
    Not comparing MISL to MLB however - they get thousands and then thousands more watching on tv
    That is an age old argument - I agree with you on some level - I have conflicts with games and so I do not worry about not getting there because I will have a computer handy in the house with the game on and catch it
    kind og a 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other

17. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude. there is no comparison to being there then to be watching a webcast in your mother's basement. I mean, for $10-$12 at the Rockford Metrocentre you can get a seat so close you can actually hear Troy Dusosky of the Wave bitch and complain after every call. May I make a suggestion, collecting aluminum cans for your ticket. Come on man, I don't expect for everyone to go to every game but surely one can make it to at least 2 games. If you are a fan of the sport and have a team close to your town, why not see a couple of games. :eek:

18. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The City isn't to blame. It's not the City's obligation to get fans to attenmd Rampage games.

19. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you live in Rockford you would not understand.
    The city owns the Icehogs, The city owns the Metrocentre, the city gives special treatment to the Icehogs using my tax money. You don't think giving free tickets, two for one tickets and half price beer night help attendance. What, are we running a welfare program for AHL hockey?:confused:

20. Headhunter21

Headhunter21 Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree with Puma10. I think anyone on this board that wants to be recognized, and have their thoughts and opinions valued, needs to see the product live. Watching a game on a 2inch by 2inch internet feed doesn't give you the full experience. Plus, watching a game on the internet, or even on tv, only gives you the framed in perspective of the game. Many times things happen off camera that can influence games, and those watching at home never get to see that. I think everyone on this forum needs to get out and see games (if permittible), whether it's MISL, PASL, CMISL, or whatever other league is out there. Seeing it live, in person, gives you more room and credibility when you post on this forum. Just my opinion.

21. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ABSOLUTELY!! well said
    Let's Go Wave!!
    Wave vs. Rampage in the Championship??

22. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's Go Wave? Let's GO Wave? You're killing me GoStorm, you're killing me!!! Did you jumped the Cheddar Cheese wall and went to the Wave side?:cool:

23. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    WEll - it is like this
    I should root for Rampage since I am in Illinois and I know quite a few of the players
    however - Ian bennett is my friend
    so - if it is a Rampage vs Wave championship it is best of both worlds kind of and I can enjoy the championship game with out being one sided and just enjoy the show
    Now I do hope that at least one of them gets in because then I can root for a specific team
    I know I am a little crazy but I like Life and enjoy it - so when life gives you lemons - just make lemonade

24. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can respect that. And if it is a Rampage vs Wave championship you can still be an Ian Bennett good friend by consoling him after the beating they'll receive at the MetroCentre. It's a win, win for everybody.:D

25. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    you are the 2nd person to really make me laugh today - so I must say THANK YOU!! and that would work as well - see it works out either way for me
    console - celebrate - it is all good