Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Thanks man.
    :)

2. RedBullNJ

RedBullNJ New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Or just take the 25 bus. $1.50 each way but it's at least a mile from Penn Station.

3. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I walked and it took me about 15 minutes.

4. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    How is the walk from Redbull Arena to "El Pastor". Normally i park my car in the gas station near the stadium. They charge me $ 8.00 which is great. But, i was wondering if its worth my time to move my car from the gas station to El Pastor or just leave my car there and walk to the restaurant.

Thanks

Elvis Minaya

5. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured out using a Google Maps-based pedometer...

Newark Penn/MMM Bellos > RBA Gate A - 1 mile
    El Pastor > RBA Gate A - 1/2 mile
    Harrison PATH > RBA Gate B - 1/3rd mile

6. iclubb

iclubb New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Brooklyn
    I'm bringing my wife to the LA game and since we have to drop the kids off in north Jersey with the grandparents, we'll be driving to the game, which I'm kind of dreading since the PATH has been so nice.

Also, my wife's birthday is Monday so I thought that after the game we'd go to a nice dinner at Forno's of Spain. So, my questions are: Is it possible to park somewhere for the whole time? (like, can I leave the car in the arena parking lot until after dinner, or is that a bad idea?)

And what kind of traffic (in minutes/hours) should we expect around the arena near gametime?

Thanks!

7. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should probably just park over by Fornos and walk in and out. I usually take NJ Transit, but drove to one match that I was taking my mother-in-law to (she has a car, and it's faster). We parked in a $10 parking lot over there had dinner at Bellos and walked to the match. No real problems in or out. Granted we got in there a little early because we wanted to have dinner, etc. From what I hear around here parking in the Ironbound is less hassle than over in Harrison. It's also likely that Fornos has parking and will let you park for free if you're planning to eat there later.

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walk. It's good for you, and is only about 10 minutes from that gas station.

9. maddog36

maddog36 Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Bergen Cty, NJ
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday is going to be my first trip to RBA, how is the "Beer Garden"? I might not be down until 4:30pm-5pm or so, so may not want to venture into Ironbound this time.

Thanks!

10. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Re: Preferred way to get to RB Arena

Parking Maps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    El Pastor is literally a 5-10 minute walk from the stadium and this is where many Red Bulls fans go for a pre game drink or two (or six or ten if its a weekend game...)

I'm actually not sure what the beer garden is like but you shouldn't be worried about having to venture too far from the stadium.

12. maddog36

maddog36 Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Bergen Cty, NJ
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about El Pastor, but with the event they have going on there all afternoon, didn't think stopping in for one drink would be ideal.

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think most would agree that stopping for one drink is better than stopping at one drink.

14. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only partook in the beer garden at the Santos match and it was kind of lame. If you want beer and really don't want to go to the Ironbound then go to the Arena early and get some beers at the stand near section 124 - but you will pay dearly! (Unless the beer garden has improved, that is...)

15. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone catch the Tins Cervasio :droll: piece during halftime of the Toronto match? She was talking about the effect of RBA on the businesses in the area. They were all thrilled, and several of them stated that their business up 25-30%. I am glad to see that people are taking advantage of wonderful opportunity that our new stadium provides.

16. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to Mompou on Ferry St. for tapas before the game - pretty damn fantastic. Would definitely recommend this place if you want something a little nicer before a match or have your wife, g/f with you.

Also there is a place called Rio Criz that is just a few doors down from MMM Bello's, right next to the parking lot (I think on the outside it just says "the lunch place"). In any case, very nice inside, they have a great big bar with the games on TV - last night was Copa Lib - and they pour a terrific pint from really clean taps. Also some incredibly gorgeous women working there, at least last night.

17. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to sneak out of a work event in order to make the game, so I had to grab a quick bite and enter the stadium.

I ended up getting a steak sandwich at the food stand by Gate B (I think they called it Rodizio.) Not the worst $6.50 I've spent. I was actually surprised that the quality was pretty good. But, then again, it was just seasoned meat stuffed in a roll, so not fancy at all.

Anyway, I'd eat it again in a pinch. But my wife is anti-beef / anti-wheat / anti-dairy, so I'll be heading over to Iron Bound on Saturday. Probably going back to the Iberian something or other for the 40 lb plate of seafood for two.

18. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me you can't beat Spain if you want a good meal.. otherwise just hit up one of the other local bars.. good stuff.

19. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to Spain yesterday with 3 others. The 4 of us split a paella and arroz con pollo and that was plenty. The food was quite good as were the beers.

20. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks on the recommendations. Is it Rio Cruz?

21. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rio Criz, with an I. 388 Market St.

22. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Preferred way to get to RB Arena

I thought Pete was Best

23. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the food any good?

24. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what I've had was quite good.

25. ckyak

ckyak Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Kearny NJ
    Remember today after the match is Punk Nite at the Green Room in Harrison. All Vinyl spun, $2 PBRs, and Sapporro girls will be there with some specials and a prize. Come on out this is the last one for a long time.