Game23: @#$#$% vs )(#$_#$_#@_) (P/I/P)

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, Aug 9, 2012.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I rather play RSL than SJ. I would rather not see Seattle get elimated from playoffs due to a Leinert flop.

2. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Didn't say we weren't a championship team, just that we didn't look like one tonight, and that we have yet to beat any serious contender in league play this year.

Let me put it a different way - fixture congestion can be a factor in the performance of a team in any competition. Maybe if we weren't making USOC and CCL runs we would have looked like a league contender tonight. Don't get me wrong - I don't want to give up on those competitions - but I think we are paying a price for taking them seriously.

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Seattle always done well playing in multiple competitions. Unfortunately an extra 30mins in a tournament has its downfalls.

4. gblfxt

gblfxt Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we seem kings of the shitpile, unless we can start winning games like this. hoping once tiffert gels we can get some rythm going....

5. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That's what makes us a championship team. Able to get results 2 out of 4 in a tight stretch are feats that only a championship teams can do.

If we're up against Philly in USOC final and a non-SS contender tonight, we might've won 4 out of 4. But of course, it is still a coulda, woulda, shoulda.

6. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow I did not realize how much this post title was going to fit this game.

Yoshou repped this.
  7. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yep:

sounders-standings.PNG

We've been racking up points against teams out of contention, as we should do. However, the only team above us in the standings we've beaten is (eastern conference) Houston - and the only western conference team in playoff position we've beaten is LA (who's presently bringing up the rear of the play-in tier.)

We look good to make the playoffs again but the only evidence so far this year of our ability to run with the big boys was the hard-fought but unconvincing win against SJ in the USOC. We have yet to beat the best.

Captain_Ski repped this.
  8. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Anyone know what acting school Lenny the Clown attended? We should send a recruiter there and see who else might be available.

9. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Seriously, with the schedule, with the way San Jose has been scoring, I did not expect the win this time. (Hoped for but did not expect). 2 minutes away from a tie on their turf... I was thrilled. Then that damn clown did his levitating act. Curse him.

10. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me crazy, but I'm actually okay with this. I want our players feeling like they are underdogs going in and not favorites. I want them to have something to prove.

terrier and gblfxt repped this.
  11. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to check, but how did winning the series against the best in the league work out for us in previous years? How about how RSL and Colorado did in their championship years? The playoffs are a crapshoot. It doesn't really matter if you are the #1 seed or the #5 seed, all that really maters is getting in the playoffs. If you go on a run you can win the championship.

edwardgr and terrier repped this.
  12. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah the boys played alright last night. Ochoa has some good footwork, but can't hold the ball up for shit. Otherwise, not whole lot to complain about considering.

As a side note, I went to both KC and SJ this week. To go along with my visit to Salt Lake last year in the playoffs I've witnessed some of the Sounders most devastating losses in short order. I may need therapy.

guelch27 repped this.
  13. gblfxt

gblfxt Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after getting my emotions in check, i guess we did decent vs top 3 western teams crammed in a week, even if they were close losses

14. Vander Decken IX

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well, I would like to at least be a #2 in Supporter's shield race. This way, if SKC wins the east, we got a good chance going to next year's CCL.

asoc repped this.
  15. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The only way we are #2 in SS race we have to win 2nd seed in west and both SJ and Seattle have better records than SKC.

16. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't that far behind SKC.. We're 6 points behind them and we have a game in hand..

17. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must say that was a hell of a crappy way to get back from a wedding. Walk in the door see the score 0-1 SJ, and almost immediately Fredy cleaned up the slop in front of the SJ goal. Then sideshow got his act on. Eff I hate that guy.

Captain_Ski repped this.
  18. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Pretty confident San Jose wins the SS this year. If we can get 2nd in the SS race, that helps us out tremendously in getting back into the CCL. Because if SKC or San Jose make it to MLS Cup we get the first hand me down spot. If we take 3rd in the overall standings, and both teams make it to MLS Cup, two spots get passed down and we would get a spot. Or we could always just make it to MLS Cup ourselves.

But I think we have a real shot at 2nd.

19. Brazbit

Brazbit BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 1, 2009
    Manchester, WA (USA)
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was my first away match. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

[​IMG]

Captain_Ski and Yoshou repped this.