game vs dallas april 27

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by sportie1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Coker was a dynamo-- he answers every question as to why he was brought in to the team--

cannon made a complete hash of the 2 goals, almost gave up a third with his mis-kick, and then made a great save in the dying minutes-- generally a very weak performance for joe

lee, rochat, rusin and OB played their hearts out; koba tries very hard, but rarely succeeds; when he wants to, camilo does some good stuff and did more passing than usual

manneh's subbing in made rennie look like a genius; even heineman made a difference and he did show more skill than i thought he had

mattocks is a flash in the pan-missed 6 golden chances to score-- PLEASEEEEEEEEE take off the green head strap and soccer boots-- it reflects your bloated ego; can hardly wait for miller to come back, but hopefully not against edmonton-- tender hamstring

koffie was ok, but i like teibert more as he is more energetic and thrusting with the ball

to the TEAM- pleaseeeeeee learn to defend the set pieces-- and please dont pass the ball back to joe!!

the referee was the poorest i have seen in 2 years- he let the dallas players flop all over the field and waste time to slow the game down and even helped them to their feet-- MLS needs to do something to improve his performance or get rid of him

an inspirational comeback-- well done!!

player ratings:

cannon- C-
    OB, lee- B+
    Rusin, rochat- C+
    koffie, JMD, Koba- C
    NRC- A
    Camilo- C+
    mattocks- D
    Manneh- B+
    Heineman- B

2. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Entertainment value- B+

3. ixadvent

ixadvent Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Opportunities:
    moreover on the offense, Rennie got to have Kobayashi in the MIDDLE of the park . Koba does not have blistering pace to blow past player like Manneh does. While Camilo is predictable, i thought his free kicks should be better today and capitalize the set pieces.

With the amount of chances Mattocks blew today, it felt that if Miller was in similar position he would have had a hat-trick today. Its the matter of putting it into the net.

JMD needs to be taken off the starting XI to allow caps to attack more freely, not chasing when we are down. His side/back passing with our center backs has no purpose.

O'brien has seem to be on the wrong side of the ball for the past 3 games. Rusin back in the line-up was almost a liability as he was caught ball watching on several occasion. I really liked what Johnny Leveron brings to our back line with skill and intelligence rather than Rusin's style of trying to out muscle the opposition.
    Positives:

What a strike by Manneh, if anyone had a chance to look at the goal in a different angle, Manneh's shot was perfectly placed to the very far post and Raul Fernandez couldn't even jump to reach it. For now Manneh might not be enough to start, I think he should be the first one off the bench to give spark.

Reo-Coker has proven why Villa payed 8 million for him and was carrying the caps with heart, guts and ability.

4. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Can I take back everything I have posted about Reo Coker now? He really made me eat my words. Thought he had a great game, like Koffie in there, and think either of them should be able to fill JMD spot, allowing Tiebert or more of Manneh to see the pitch. I like having Manneh streaking down the side out wide, as it gives us another element rather than moving it up the middle, where kobiyashi is often dragged into, and should be played regardless. Manneh seemed to have a much better touch than Hurtado in recent games.

Mattocks NEEDS to finish. He should have had 3-4 goals tonight, and hopefully this wakes him up. I still like him better then Heinnaman or Hertzog as he at least gets himself into much better scoring opportunities.

We need to figure out our set plays. We do not have the desire to win every ball when defending or attacking. Cannon should have no excuse for not grabbing every cross in his 6, but O'Brien let the guy jump over his back for the goal.

Enjoyable game, one we should have won, and is frustrating we didn't but I was much happier with our effort this game.

5. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    sportie1

Where do you get these player ratings from? Are you pulling them out of your arse?

I have seen a lot of your posts and they baffle me over and over again. You really need to learn the game of soccer before giving such opinions. This looks like you just started this as an attention thread.

6. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    well then if u r such a soccer genius, give us your analysis and player ratings-- if u were at the game-- its just too easy and lazy for you to sit back and make negative comments when some1 adds their analysis-- u r just trolling to be negative and bullying without adding any insight and intelligent conversation

and about goalie cannon, i have said on many occasions that his quality is often lacking, including on saturday vs dallas-- but he had a great game before that-- and i have said that the caps should make a new and better goalie a priority as cannon's foibles negatively affect the defence on set pieces and pass backs

dissing others for their comments shows your lack of maturity and soccer intelligence-- debating is fine, but why dont u just add your insights from the game and let others debate with u-- without the dissing!

7. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    bullying? Are you trying to be silly?

I am calling you out. You act like you are some sort of expert but you give thoughts like you are an NHL fan who just went to his first Caps games this season. I think you should work within your knowledge base until you learn the game more.

8. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I often disagree with sportie, but that doesn't mean he lacks knowledge - he has a different perspective.

You haven't contributed anything to this forum - maybe you are the one that should work within some knowledge base. ;)

9. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    so now you send me a warning that you will delete my posts. Interesting.

10. black_jack71

black_jack71 New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    That's probly because your posts are in no way constructive. You complain about sportie's lack of knowledge yet you offer none of your own.

11. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    JohnnyRanger (the other mod) and I will delete posts that are personal attacks - absolutely yes. Otherwise, type away.

12. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    so, sportie1 an go on and on like a windbag, and I can't tell him that?

13. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In our last match it was his terrible clearance that directly led to the corner that got Dallas their first goal. Second goal I feel like his decision to come off the line should have been immediate.

His reactions seem good, his decisions seem slow.

14. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    hey sportie1

have you ever played keeper? How can you give such an analysis on Cannon?

15. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    is this guy banned yet?