Game Ticket Prices?

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tsunami, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the colleges & universities in your area charge for games? I just got back from a game at SDSU, and they not only charge for games, they raised the prices for adults from $5 last year to $7... (a person can save $18 by purchasing season tickets.)

And there is also a $1 per hour parking fee!

2. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Parking and admission at Florida is free, always has been, always will be.

3. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Sure. St. Louis U charges $7 (I think) for a single game ticket, men's or women's soccer. They're totally separate again this year (no double-headers). You can get a season ticket for both men's and women's for about $75. Cheap at twice the price. :D
    Programs are a buck each. Some programs cover more than one game. The yearbook is $10 - I bought the women's yearbook tonight. It's very nice and, in 5 years, I'll be glad I have it. ;)
    Parking I think is $4 in the garage but, for a women's game, it's probably possible to park on the street for twenty-five cents. For a men's game, that would be tough to do.
    The DII teams charge more like 4 or 5 dollars and parking and programs are free.
    DIII is mostly free. (the greatest bargain in sports entertainment)

BTW, I like the no double-headers policy at St. Louis U. As long as they're charging for admission. If admission is free, I LOVE double-headers.

Oh, and students get in free, as they should. And parents of players get in free, too.

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Three colleges within a 40 mile radius of the hovel of FearM9:

Boise State University, Northwest Nazarene University, and Albertsons College of Idaho are all free.

Yay.

5. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other San Diego area schools

USD asks for a donation, suggesting $5.00. Parking has been free for evening and weekends games.

UCSD doesn't charge or request anything. Parking is free for evening and weekend games.

6. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Apr 1, 2001
    Austin
    Texas charges $6. Season tickets are $40. Parking is free.