Game Televised Live?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mdesimone1, Oct 29, 2004.

1. mdesimone1

mdesimone1 New Member

Jul 26, 2000
    California
    MLSnet.com shows: Game 2: @ Kansas City -- Direct Kick/FSW (next day TD). However, it looks like the game is live per Direct Kick. What is the deal? If someone knows, please explain. I just want to know when the game is on television and on what channel. Please help a Quakes fan currently living in enemy territory (Los Angeles).

2. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In LA, the only ways you can get it live are via Direct Kick or online. It's live on Fox Sports Net Plus in the Bay Area, and FSW will show it delayed Sunday at noon.

3. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    What ticks me off is that my Tivo guide is still listing it as though it is a PPV event, as of Friday night (and I have Direct Kick already.) It is also listed to show on Fox Sports' channel 655. When I go to set up recording on that channel, it says the same thing..."purchase and record."

Well, I already "purchased" it, damn it!

It better be right by tomorrow. I sure hope Yahoo! will have this game available, too. I get an uneasy feeling that's how I'm going to get to see it.

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My DISH guide lists the game on Sunday at 1 pm pacific time and it's listed as a replay of game 1 at Spartan?

When you go to a guide at FSW website, it lists the game at 3 pm eastern time but doesn't say which game it is, just that it's KC v SJ and there's a "D" after SJ, whatever that means?

What's the real scoop? If this game is tape delayed on Sunday there is a possibility my son and I will be able to view it. If anyone can pin-point this for sure...I need to know the show time in the eastern time zone....please.

5. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the same issue with the EPL games that appear weekly as a PPV, even if you purchased the entire package. To record around that issue, set up a manual record on 655 at 5:30 for how ever long you think the game will go. My guess 2hrs and 5 minutes because there is no way KC forces extra time (my own wishful thinking). MLS press release states the game will be also on the Direct Kick package channel 795.

6. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the MLS Friday afternoon....

TV Info and Game 2 Guides and Previews for Conference Semifinals

San Jose Earthquakes at Kansas City Wizards (Arrowhead Stadium) - 8:30 p.m.ET

Fox Sports Plus (Live)

Fox Sports World (Delayed - showed at 3:00 p.m. on 10/31)

Direct Kick Channel: DirecTV: 795; Dish Net: 457; InDemand (Live)

game also available online on www.mlsnet.com <http://www.mlsnet.com/>

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My DishTV guide is finally showing it at 5:30 PM PDT on Channel 446. The suggestion of setting it manually to the indicated channel and time is a good one. That's what I did originally and the guide finally came around to the time I had it set for.
    Even though I'm recording it here, I intend to go down to the Brit and watch it with the troops.
    Ciao,

8. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast's guide has it at noon tomorrow, and says it's game 2. The time confusion might be due to the overnight time change.

D stands for delay.

If you're recording it, I'd say start it at noon just to be sure, but give it enough time in case it starts at 1. Worst case is you get an hour of something else at the start of the recording.

9. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    Last week's game was on ESPN2 and I have never seen an ESPN game rebroadcast on FSW. I think it is very likely the Sunday rebroadcast will be this week's game.