Game of Thrones (Season 8) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show's final season begins on Sunday, April 14th.

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Will be pretty epic.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Goodsport repped this.
  4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

luftmensch repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I can't wait for the scene when Jon and Arya reunite. I waited years for this.

Goodsport repped this.
  6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’m totally pumped!!

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final season premieres tonight. :)

-G

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, that was pretty good...pretty much all reunions took place. Some were pretty weak...see Arya and The Hound.

sitruc repped this.
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    How long was Bran waiting for that encounter because it's really easy to believe someone just leaving him there because he's so creepy and annoying?

11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The real king...

Setting up for the climax...especially with Sparrow foreshadowing that “everything ends”

12. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I wonder if Jon is at all weirded out that he's been ********ing his aunt. I guess there's bigger fish to fry with army of the dead yadda yadda, but still....

TrickHog and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    He just got over the dragons watching. He looked distraught that he should probably give that up.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I thought the premiere was a bit so-and-so.

I think I honestly most enjoyed seeing Bronn again.

Also, the Samwell Tarly scene with Daenerys was bullshit.

The Tarly family are well known in the realm, it's not like they are some obscure, small house. Randall Tarly was the only military commander to win a battle against Robert Baratheon during Robert's rebellion. So the idea that Daenerys would seek Sam out to thank him for saving Jorah without either she or Jorah realizing he is the son and brother of the two men she only recently had roasted by her dragons is absurd.

Also, it is bullshit that Sam would not know at this point that his father and brother perished during the battle of the loot train (still a dumb battle name). That battle took place a good while ago now, so the news should have reached Winterfell ages ago through ravens at the very least.

sitruc repped this.
  15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Yesbut Sam arrived in the season 7finale. Maybeno one would care to tell him as he is onlya training maester of the Night's Watch. Plud, I doubt Sam would eagerly give away much info to others he did not know.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    But obviously people in Winterfell know who he is! Otherwise how would Daenerys and Jorah have found him?

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They arrive with Jon. Sansa or Bran reveals he is there waiting for Jon. That's simple.

Nobody cares much about Sam. He'd be the red-headed stepchild. I'm sure his father probably told folks he was dead. Maybe in the North, they care since they have respect for the Brothers, but considering the recent wars and tragedies; they probably have more than to care who this may or may not be. And they probably don't care much of whom the Mother of Dragons burned; it just confirms their fears of her.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Also, who would have told her? Probably Tyrion. But maybe he wanted to quickly forget her actions that day.

It may seem a bit OFF for you, but i wouldn't say it to be anything important; just unfortunate.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Daenerys Targaryen is the daughter of a king and even during her time on Essos, she and her brother were preparing for a return to Westeros and would have studied the many houses, histories, seats and sigils, ... To me that scene was just poor writing. I'm not saying it's the worst thing I've ever seen, but still somewhat disappointing. Randyll Tarly fought for her father and commanded the army that won the only royalist victory during Robert's Rebellion.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Yes, she would have studied. But she also would have been told things by her brother. So maybe Tarly was loyal but the Targaryens lost so maybe her brother would blame Randall Taryl as a traitor as well.

which scene? Sam and Daenerys or Daenerys burning the Tarly's. If it's the latter, then yes I agree that the writers should have mentioned Randall or Dickon bring up their former allegiance to Aerys.

21. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So there are just 6 episodes? Wow, seems so little time to wrap things up.

How is Jonah related to Lyanna Mormont? Really no time to develop that relationship in the series at this point, but I would like to see Jonah gain redemption in House Mormont before he inevitably gets offed by the end.

Really curious about what the deal is with this lord of light thing since the beginning, how Jon was resurrected etc. Does this have anything to do with defeating the Night King?

Really touched with the Jon-Arya reunion. Arya is my fave character, Jon 2nd, coz they are outcasts, even iconoclasts.

I think that one, if not both, Targaryens will die by the end. That union can only end in tragedy.

Curious as to why Cersei, supposedly pregnant, drinks wine post-coitus after euron tells her he's gonna put jr. in her belly.

Curious as to why Cersei tells Qyburn to tell Bronn to off her bros, when she could have done so herself with the Mountain before Jaime rode off to the North. I think Qyburn is planning a palace coup, getting Bronn to off the bros, then he instructs the Mountain, whom he controls, to then off Cersei. Remember, Bronn and Cersei were separately engaging in carnal activities when the supposed command happened. Hard to see how Cersei would interrupt her coital activities and say, "oh qyburn can u tell bronn to off my bros please"

Really liked how the Jaime character has evolved throughout the series. Scumbag for pushing Bran off the tower, then seeing Bran alive after all these years. Now a redeemed rogue, Jaime heads off to the North to do what he thinks is right, instead of following Cersei's wishes. I think Jaime is going to be offed in a glorious death, to complete the redemption of the rogue character.

Post-GOT, would not be surprised to see a prequel "The Targaryens". So much content for that series. At least 3 seasons worth of content

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'd have loved season 7 to have been 10 episodes with this season 8 being just 8 episodes. Literally the fight with the White Walkers.

We could have wrapped up the Greyjoys last season (had we gotten 10 episodes).

This 7 in 7 and 6 in 8 probably won't give us precisely what we are all imagining in our own skulls. Then again, several episodes this season are 30mins more than the usual length of an episode. That helps.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I wish we had gotten an even longer scene with Arya and Jon. I waited 8 years for that.

cachundo repped this.
  24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Or we could watch more of Jon and Danny flying on dragons.....Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    when it's all said and done; we will look back upon that sequence and really get emotional :p

Belgian guy repped this.