Game Day 13: RSL at Montreal, Sunday May 22nd, 2p MT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, May 17, 2022.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    However, he was also the dude that got burned on their assist. He did well though.

15 to 32 repped this.
  2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was sleeping while preparing for work tonight. Thought I'd catch the game, the first goal happened and I basically went back to sleep. I did hear the goals at least. And the highlights were solid. Glad we somehow pulled it off because I just didn't see it happening with that terrible start.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long trafficky drive through Virginia to my sister's house so I missed the game entirely. And then logged into this- wow!

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #54 Ismitje, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Also: whatever else he has been doing on the field, Wood has been denied a goal by a great save in each of the last two games. The first save today was particularly good.

The criticism of his overall play may be apt but he's damn close to some very good goal scoring form.

EDIT: just read on Soapbox that chance was offside. So, moderate that praise accordingly.

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody in an RSL shirt covered themselves in glory in the opening minute

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was giving a pass on that one
    But the miss from the 6 and the attempted layoff from the 18 on a 1v1 are just too much. The guy is in a rut and needs some games where those goals come.

A guy like Rubio has to be watching and asking why he can’t start if wood is this bad in front of goal

7. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Well, that was a nice win. Montreal scores a lot of goals but also gives up a lot of goals so I always thought that RSL could score but also that it could end up like NYCFC if they were not careful.

I do like the mentality of this team. Kudos to Pablo for being the type of coach that can create a such a tough and solid mentality with this team. Hopefully he is the also the kind of coach that can handle tactics, players, and formations just as well.

I certainly hope that Bobby Wood can get on track. He's so damn close.

I will continue to be all up on the Cordova bandwagon. The guy is solid.

Definitely a good win and 3 very much deserved points.

8. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Or the question could be "How bad is Rubin during the week that he can't send a guy in such a bad rut like Wood is to the bench?"

15 to 32 repped this.
  9. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree Wood needs to start putting the ball in the net, but his work rate has been solid and he is forcing opponents to track him. If he does get some confidence I really think the guy can score a bunch of goals. Him trying to make a pass on that breakaway was proof he isn’t feeling to confident.

Allez RSL and Ismitje repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the first 15 minutes. When Montreal scored their 2nd goal ( denied because off-sides ) I thought they were going to embarrass us.

15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. Some of the guys on the bench kept to their assignments well.

(Ismitje fondly remembers not dressing for a game due to injury, and the team playing very poorly, and his coach extolling his play for several minutes on an interview with a local reporter.)

Allez RSL, RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.