...GAME 9, cabras/PUMAS...ALL ABOUT IT (R)...

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Sep 15, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...lets do it boys, make it 3 in a row...have not won at jalisco for quite some time, but keeping our order should be sufficient to get the result on our side...

...expect chivas attacking, pumas defending and countering...hope we come our with a 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 on this one...we obviously are the underdog...

...hope torre de jalisco is not on this one, but i am afraid it will be...:mad:

[​IMG]

...como no te voy a querer!!!...

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    [​IMG]

For Pumas:
    Sergio Bernal
    Israel Castro
    Marco Palacios
    Darío Verón
    Héctor Moreno
    Efraín Velarde
    Fernando Espinoza
    Leandro Augusto
    José Luis López
    Ignacio Scocco
    Reinaldo da Silva

For Chivas:
    Oswaldo Sánchez
    Diego Martínez
    Jonny Magallón
    Héctor Reynoso
    Francisco Rodríguez
    Ramón Morales
    Patricio Araujo
    Juan Pablo Rodríguez
    Sergio Santana
    Alberto Medina
    Omar Bravo

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...river...is that the definite line-up?...or possible line-up?...

...in other notes:

Enfrentamientos entre ambos desde la Temporada 95-96: 26
    Victorias de Chivas: 11
    Victorias de Pumas: 5
    Empates: 10
    Total de goles anotados entre Chivas y Pumas desde Temporada 1995-1996: 71
    Promedio de goles por partido: 2.73

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Probable starters.

5. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm hyper stoked for this one. I think we'll do well, especially if we can score first. If that is the case chivas won't be able to breach us, if pikolin doesn't screw up. Awesome matches this weekend.

6. ny0705

ny0705 New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Just board surfing and yep the match is on telefutura at 8pm on the east coast with Ramirez and Bracmontes.

7. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Damn, this will be an interesting game as both teams have a tronco at centerback who is prone to making mistakes. Fortunately for us, the teams we've faced the last couple of games haven't capitalized on Palacios' mistakes.

I'm hoping that Pumas will capitalize on one of Maza's mistakes as surely, he will have a couple, at least. And that Chivas don't benefit from a Palacios error. Or better yet, Palacios should stop trying to juke the opossing forwards and come out playing from the backline.

Anyway, Pumas will surely rely on the counter-attack and speed of their offensive players to try and get a goal past Sanchez and hope to hang on. I'll be happy with a draw but I'm confident that Pumas can win the three points in dispute.

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    :mad: ...suuuuuckssss...:mad:

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...yep, besides the two obvious good ones, the toluca/tigres especially important for our group...atlas/jaguares should be dynamic as well...

...possible way tuca would come out?...i say is a 5-3-2 but would like it to be 5-4-1 so we recover a lil bit more balls and just dont give chivas too much possesion...

...i like the fact tuca comes out with a line of 5 instead of 4 in the back cuz our 2 carrileros go to the attack but not much and when so, only one does so we are still in the back with 4 to defend...

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...yeah, hope pikolin does a fantastic job today, i forgot about maza for a bit but he may also become a liability on chivas side...hope pumas take advantage of such weakness...i have noticed teams tend to attack us more on our rigth defensive side given pikolin's apparent weakness, that is why i think is important to have an extra man in the back instead of just 4...i have been saying pikolin offers more than maza, hope he proves me rigth today...

...another matchup will also be our goalies...hope oswaldo has a terrible nite and bernal a terrific one...

...i am not too scare about bravo, since he seems to choke on important games lately...given our back line is focused i dont see chivas scoring any goals...:cool:

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i dont like 4 in the back, they better make someone else help...

...torre de jalisco is gonna start repeating "sss-co-co"...********ing biatch...:mad:

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Bofo instead of Juan Pablo Rodriguez as starter for Chivas.

Ariel López and Ariel González instead of Scocco and Reinaldo for Pumas.

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pumas lucked out on that offside. The defense left everything wide open.

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...this line of 4 in the back is not working so far...:mad:

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...we need an xtra man in the back, that is why...:mad: ...tuca is risking it a lil to much...i knew they were gonna be attacking our rigth side cuz of pikolin, who surprisingly is playing good so far...

16. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i don't know about that. bravo entra como juan por su casa por ese lado.

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...that is why we need an extra man in the back, espinosa has a big gap between pikolin and him, plus he just had a yellow (where is castro?)....so tuca needs to bring down moreno to left of veron (middle) and then velarde on the left of moreno...

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...we are doing a great job defensively so far...pumas is back to a line of 5 in the back, most of the time now, moreno comes back and when one of the defenders pushes forward leandro immediatly covers the spot to keep it with 5 in the back...bien en las coberturas...still way to go on the game...

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Scocco and Reinaldo in.

20. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...espinosa is becoming our liability...he has to watch out since he has a yellow:mad: ...

...good subs...

21. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i think espinosa should be taken out and bring down castro in his place...then bring in toledo in the spot of castro...espinosa continues to be our liability...espinosa now has pineda and venado going at him and chivas will continue to use that side...

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...we have been moving the ball around nice and chivas is letting us play and giving away some balls in the midfield...but what they really want is for us to come out so they can counter us, tricky, tricky...we must be alert especially when i see velarde and espinoza along with leandro attacking...

23. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...scocco and reinaldo already let two opportunities...hope it does not come back to bite us...:mad: ...but chivas is now trying to sit back to counter from the bands, hope tuca sees that and bring in another one in the middle...espinosa needs to go...

24. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...should try to use our left side to go against maza...:mad:

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i just said it and then reinaldo blows it...:mad: