...GAME 8, PUMAS/rayados...ALL ABOUT IT (NO RESULTS, GAME DELAYED IN US)...

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Sep 12, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]
    ...so we are hoping to get a win in CU, but like the rest of the games, won't be easy...

...so far, defending well has been enough for us to get some positive results but when we make small mistakes we really pay for it at the end of the game...

...this one will be tape-delayed (you may post results if you are watching it in the US only via galavision) :mad: , so no results until game is over please...******** univision!!!...at least it wont be torre de jalisco:D ...look at the times:

Wed Sep 13 08:00PM Pacific
    Wed Sep 13 09:00PM Mountain
    Wed Sep 13 10:00PM Central
    Wed Sep 13 11:00PM Eastern

galavision​

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I pormise, Franco, I promise! actually I am sure you will know by the time I am back home from the game.....

I really think we should win this one, to be honest, can't see why not....

Sancho out for this match, and Chivas at least, and Pikolin apparently kissed Tuca when told he was not going to be dropped:-

[​IMG]

3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats some good dedication. Detention or extra homework for the problem child.

It all about having your head in the game though, you can have all the control in the world but holding the ball too long is a head decision.

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Too right, mate... football is played 70% in the head, 20% with the mouth, and 10% with the feet...... As I have said before, this season we seem to be concentrating well, but the slightest drop in that, and we get burnt.....

...and of course all opposing teams are going to pressurising Sideshow twice as much as usual now, its so important he gets his head right about that....

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...as disco and chiquitibum mentioned, we all agree this pumas team has to get the results at the expense of showcasing...so order in the back first and then attack second will be our mantra for this whole year in ordder to keep out of the inferno...focus, focus, focus...:cool: ...glad to see pikolin is doing some x-tra work that i hope pays-off...

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    This should not apply to the Apertura 2006 game results thread, which has the all-important (R) in its title. Pumas fanaticos will simply need to avoid that thread, but we can't hold up results for everybody else. No one should post an early result here, however.

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Probable starters tonight:

Sergio Bernal
    Israel Castro
    Darío Verón
    Héctor Moreno
    Efraín Velarde
    Fernando Espinoza
    Leandro Augusto
    José Luis López
    Ignacio Scocco
    Ariel González
    Reinaldo José da Silva

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Enfrentamientos entre ambos desde la Temporada 95-96: 24
    Victorias de Pumas: 7
    Victorias de Monterrey: 9
    Empates: 8
    Total de goles anotados entre Pumas y Monterrey desde Temporada 1995-1996: 62
    Promedio de goles por partido: 2.58

...however, monterrey comes from 3 ties...again pumas has to stress to its players much focus defensively since monterrey likes to attack...

...if we play smart, we should have no problem winning this one if pumas sits back and defends well waiting for a counter...monterrey pressured for trying to win this one may make them offend more and defend less...we have to counter right with speed and capitalize our scoring opportunities...monterrey is top 4 as far of scoring (twice as much as pumas), but defends bad (allowing 9 goals)...

...attention to ochoa, abreu, gata, gracian up front...gata in the middle and baloy coming from behind for set pieces...this is a very tricky monterrey team and maybe good if tuca plays with 5 on the back to then switch to 4 or even 3 in transition when attacking...

...i think this will be an entertaining game...river, chiquitbum, and disco, what are your predictions?...on paper i think pumas should win if we make no fulish mistakes again by a margin of 2 goals...3-1 pumas if we are on target...2-0 if we are focused...:cool:

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...yeah, no doubt...anyone can go there if they want to post results live...not here, absolutely not please...i am not too worried about someone doing it anyways since we usually have pretty decent human beings in the pumas thread anyways:D ...if someone does, it would be taken as an act of terror and then possible war may take place on their "team terrain"...:eek:

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    very different to what I was expecting... Espinoza definitely derserves a start after Cruz Azul... looks like Pikolin did get dropped after all... will be very interested in seeing what Tuca goes for now.... ooo you've got me very excited now..... only five hours......

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...one more reminder, if you know the result of the pumas game against monterrey, please dont post it here...

...so for those who are about to watch it in about 10min or so here in the usa, you may post your comments as the game goes on...

...toluca just got beat, as i expected, so hopefully we take advantage of that...

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so far i dont mind the starting lineup without scocco and reinaldo...i can already see pumas with a line of 5 in the back (well done) and we are trying to counter monterrey...

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Starting lineup:

Sergio Bernal
    Israel Castro
    Marco Antonio Palacios
    Darío Verón
    Héctor Moreno
    Efraín Velarde
    Fernando Espinoza
    Leandro Augusto
    José Luis López
    Ariel González
    Ariel López

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i dont remember seeing pareja play behind the 2 forwards...hope it works but is not his area...

...monterrey playing our rigth side def but so far not doing much, trying to look for abreu...

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...45', we got ourselves a good looking effort...

1-0 pumas, well done pareja...chupa tried it first from pareja, nice effort and then we got lucky on the bounce off chupa's shot so parejita finished it nice...vamos weyes!!!!!!!!!:D

...end of first half and like i wanted, we waiting for the counter and just staying calmed...nice, nice, nice patience...now monterrey would go attack more and we can keep on countering, but i would put a line of 4 in the middle and leave a lone striker for the counters...we can do it...:cool:

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...gooolll puma 2-0...triangulacion pareja, ariel, chupa teamwork at its best...that was just beautiful...

...just when i was gonna say that monterrey was leaving lots of spaces open (maybe they are tired, since they did all the attacking in thei first) pumas scores...and as i am writting 3-0!!!!!....arieelll...nice going for our forwards, some confidence builders...nice nite...i knew it and saw it coming b4 the game...:D

....i am out...

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i would get the noobs a try for pumas...all 3 switches and give some breathing space to pareja, leandro, and veron...

18. fabled1

fabled1 Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what does the "descenso" look like for us now, how do you calculate that? I did look at the stats for relegation and UNAM is still at the bottom.

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/relegation?league=MEX.1

...looks great, if we keep it up, we soon may be able to reach veracruz, tecos, and atlante...:D

20. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    wow---

I got to watch the 2nd half last night and was very impressed. Big game saturday night at the jalisco.

21. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    To calculate it, add up all the points from this season (Apertura 2006 AND Clausura 2007) , and the last two (A2004, C2005, A2005, C2006 - but NOT liguilla) and divide it by the number of games played... (the newly promoted teams will have fewer games played)

Bottom :-
    1.2632 - Tecos - 96 from 76
    1.2368 - Veracruz - 94 from 76
    1.1711 - PUMAS - 89 from 76
    1.1447 - Santos - 87 from 76
    1.1250 - Queretaro - 9 from 8

Santos lost again, so we jump over them again...
    I have an excel spreadsheet with it all on, just add the points gained each week, if anyone wants it.... just ask...

is it true that if a team fails to get the 765 mins played by young mexicans they lose 3 points? Queretaro still have zero... so that would really sink them, and help us.. do they have none on their books?

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i think in fact you lose 3 points, but not sure 100%...but yes, queretaro has not really used many young players so far...good for us, sucks for them...

...in other notes, i am happy with our team's performance so far in this tourney...kinda down low profile and just dedicated to do good things, players themselves not lettin the press stupid notes affect them, etc...maybe the team's psychologist is playing an important role here in keeping the team with its feet on the ground...if so, kudos for that...:cool:

23. fabled1

fabled1 Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You're scary smart....can I get excel template of yours?

24. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Queratoro will lose 3 points but it supposed to get them back for the descenso. Chiapas had the same thing in that it got 3 points taken and missed the liguilla but the next season, they gave them back for the descenso. Still the thing people haven't noticed is that Chiapas was able to get the youngster minute thing for the next season and supposedly Queretaro is already planning on losing those 3 points and not doing it again. I hope they get screwed by that and lose them for the descenso table.

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i dont see the point of such rule, it sucks and should be changed...:mad: