Game 6: Red Stars vs. FC Gold Pride 5/16/09

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, May 15, 2009.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've had this game circled for a while now. These two teams are very similar. This game should be very intertaining. FC Gold Pride has exciting/skilled players as well like Weimer, Milbret, Dew, Chastain, etc.

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will Chicago's midfield be as ineffective at pressuring the opposition's midfield as they were vs SkyBlue? Or will they (and in turn the defense) be a sieve? Will Lloyd show up? Is Cristiane healthy and/or fit? How will Hayes alter the starting lineup from the SkyBlue game?

For FCPride, who will start on the front line out of Arakawa, Sinclair, Milly, Weimer? And what about the back four? There has been some weakness there.

Here is what I'd do but I'm betting it is not what Hayes does.

GK: Jönsson (duh)
    D: Dalmy, Kryszik, Dieke, Igwe
    M: Careny, Klein, Frida, Rapinoe
    F: Tarpley, Cristiane

I don't think Cristiane is 90min fit and generally I'm against starting a player you know you'll have to sub out. However, in this case, I'll make an exception b/c Chicago needs to really press from the start. The fresh legs @ ~60min (or 70 if she's fitter than I think) will pressure the FCPride back line even more.

It was a tough call whether to include Igwe in my starting lineup. She did not look at all good last week. But who would be out there in her place? Östberg. I'd rather have Frida play a similar role to what she did vs Boston.

Tarpley needs to not drop back as far into midfield as she did vs SkyBlue. That said, the mids (and backs) MUST do a better job of passing than they did vs SkyBlue.

I would not start Lloyd b/c I think, in the long run, she needs the wake up call and challenge in order to light a fire under her @ss for the rest of the season. Someone has to sit if Cristiane is going to start and Klein has played better than Lloyd overall. If you must have Lloyd in your starting lineup, then put her up top, put Tarpley at the top of the diamond w/ Östberg behind her. Unfortunately, Klein would have to sit (or can she play right back ala Bock instead of Igwe?)

3. marctol

marctol Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    According to this press release, the game will be webcast on the Red Stars website.

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    It actually says that it will be webcast in Spanish. Is that an alternative, or is that the only alternative?

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for posting that bit of info. Otherwise I would have missed the game. I still might miss it due to a wedding but now I know to make an effort to find a computer.

eta: The game notes seem to say that it is only Spanish audio.

6. marctol

marctol Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Well, it looks like there will be video after all. And other three matches will be webcasted in Spanish too.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, good luck to the RedStars. I am bummed that I will not be able to watch the webcast but I'll definitely check BS later for game reports. Well done to the front office in getting the webcast lined up.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm off to the game in a couple of minutes. Hopefully there'll be some tailgating in the parking lot when I get there.
    I'll post my thoughts as soon as I get back from the game tonight. I hope the Red Stars win but I also want to see Tiffany Weimer play as well as the "old ladies" Milbrett and Chastain.

9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They really need to reposition their cameras. I hear a LOT of people but see practically none.

10. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    anybody know how to make the webcast screen bigger but not whole screen?

11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    WOW, that's one helluva disclaimer/warning about spectator sportsmanship O.O

12. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm not even getting in this time. Glad I stayed up :rolleyes:. Not even any sensible error message. Maybe this time it isn't available outside of the US.

13. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    yeah! I really want to see "las estrellas rojas" vs "el orgullo dorado" :D

14. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Easy save for Gold Pride keeper

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes, that would be nice, but it's obviously considered suspect to be sitting at 3 in the morning in another country, trying to watch a match. A 403 error :mad:.

16. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    hmm.... the Spanish audio seems to be half a second or so ahead of the video.... dunno if it's a good or a bad thing I'm only understanding about 40% of it. ^.^''

17. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cant access the webstream either. As you said probably only US.:(

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Last time a Red Stars game was webcast, I could watch it from here :confused:. No idea why they've gone for another solution. It's not like it can be for licensing reasons: which competitor over here would be vying for broadcasting rights? :rolleyes:

19. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    I really like Wilson on defense, she is fast and can catch up when needed.

20. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Nice skill by Christiane

21. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Red Star goal called back for offsides?

22. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    was she really offside?

23. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    there is a Brazilian commentator talking about an interview with Christiane and saying that she feels more connected playing now, but she had problems in the beginning due to language barrier, (her english is not fluent) and the different kind of styles between brazilian, american and european soccer in the Chicago Red Stars

24. marctol

marctol Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Can't watch it too, getting a forbidden message. *sigh*

25. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Christiane missed it!! in front of goal!