Game 6, Pumas/pachuca...all About It(r)

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Sep 2, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enfrentamientos entre ambos desde la Temporada 95-96: 18
    Victorias de Pumas: 6
    Victorias de Pachuca: 5
    Empates: 7
    Total de goles anotados entre Pumas y Pachuca desde Invierno 1996: 49
    Promedio de goles por partido: 2.72[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]we have not beaten pachuca the last 3 at CU

[/FONT]Entering this game also:

tolucos 13
    pumas 8
    gatillas 8
    gallinas 7
    mariposas 7
    charqueros 3

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...man we continue to run into teams with do or die games...now is ojitos amd the pachuchos...

...last game they tied 0-0 with qro...their first point of the season...

...we should be able to win if we play good defense, as we have been doing and put more people in the middle to steal the ball and then counter...i have seen pachuca giving away lots of balls in the middle when preassured and even those turnovers have turned into counters and goals against them...

...how other teams have scored against them?...they have received goals off counters more on the rigth side than the left and in a couple of set plays...once teams penetrate the box, they have been able to pass 2-3 times before scoring, maybe we should look out for the deep ball towards the end of their goal line to then center back in diagonal,their defense seems nervous once there...also necaxa was filtering balls from almost midfield or even before necaxa's half, looking to leave a one on one situation for their forwards and it worked more than twice, so that could be another tactic to employ...

...i think we should of course try to be more offensive cuz' we are at home but since pachuca would begin to run out of patience if they dont score soon...

...i dont think a tie is gonna make it for ojitos, is a must win for him...if he wants to settle for the tie, maybe the players would want to win it for him which in turn could lead to desorganization that we have to take advantage of...

...we gotta watch out for chitiva (like i said about pony in the previous game)...jimenez is another player to put an eye on...

...4-4-2 or 4-5-1 maybe...hope leandro is fit to play...given our defense does their thing, i predict a pumas win...if pachuca plays their game of the season, maybe a tie...and if we score two early goals, maybe a blowout...but then again, who knows...

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Thats fantastic info, as always Franco, ta.... whats up with Pachuca, their only point this season, as you say, was v Queretaro at HOME!!

because of their bad start, and also cos we have only got two points from last two, I see this as a must win game for us....

I want to see 4-4-2...532 was great and ideal v Toluca, but I could not believe he used it again away at Santos, and the early goal forced him to change it early doors - at least he was honest enough to own up and make that change..

Not sure if Leandro is fit, he should be, and man, do we need him...

The lads finally get a win, Atlético Mexiquense 2, Pumas Morelos 3, and Jehu Chiapas and Pablo Bonells both played, Bonells scoring the second

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    And the line up I would like to see would be:-

Bernal

Velarde
    Veron
    Pikolin or Moreno
    Castro

Morales
    Sancho
    Leandro
    Pareja

Reinaldo
    Scocco

And another important thing... during the Santos match we attained the total 775 minutes played by young Mexicans, so doing this during Match 5 is pretty good, its only us and Atlas which have done it so far. We are guilty of getting lots of South Americans, but we still blood young mexican players better than most others.....

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Didn't get my wish, although it is 4-4-2,
    Bernal; Velarde, Veron, Pikolin, Castro
    Morales, Sancho, Toledo, Parejita,
    Scocco and Gonzalez

We really miss Leandro, and our defense is all over the place, far too many silly errors, Veron tripped over the ball to give a good chance early on, and on the stroke off half-time Pikolin gave the ball away in very dangerous area, very stupidly, they converted 1-0 down at half time..... They are closing us down quickly, are very tight (esp on Pareja), and Morales crossing has been awful so far... still no link from midfield to forwards... can't see us turnig this around....

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Things ain't lookin' good. 2-0 Pachuca now.

7. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow. Pumas just looks..........bad.

I guess they really don't care that Querétaro has passed them in the porcentaje.

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...things looking bad...i see a tie at least...garra, please...gotta go to a party:mad: ....

9. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yep, looked awful today... OK, clear handball on their second goal, but we deserved to lose today...make no mistake about it, if Pachuca were any good at all it would have been 5 or 6 nil, not the 3-1 it ended up.

Clear bottom with 1.1216, against 1.1667 of Queretaro....

10. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    Tough game today, i feltPumas was going to tie it up until Cacho hit Pachucas third goal. Things were going their way and they were starting to take shots on Calero, but then that happened and they seemed to lose hope. I thought this was a decent game though, considering both squads needed to win the match badly.

11. danielbarrientos

danielbarrientos Red Card

Sep 3, 2005
    Back to ChivasUsa Forum idiot!:D

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    What a woeful display that was.... and look at the trouble we are in now...

Bottom 5 in descenso:-
    1.2500 – San Luis – 50 from 40
    1.2297 – Veracruz – 91 from 74
    1.1757 – Santos – 87 from 74
    1.1667 – Queretaro – 7 from 6
    1.1216 – PUMAS – 83 from 74

Thought the whole team was poor, their goals all came from our errors, but we made errors all over the park, Toledo, was he even on the pitch? I felt that Pareja was the only one who showed huevos....Bernal was OK, all the back four poor, Diego better than Toledo and a bit more positive, Sancho needs to lead more, and to be more positive throughout the game, Morales showed a bit of spark, but his crossing was awful, Gonzalez looked better, Scocco very poor, and with Cruz Azul coming up, this could be problematic, just hope that Leandro is fit again by next Saturday...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

get lost troll.

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...media pressure would soon begin...i can feel it...

...very bad loss on our part last sun...we lost all by ourselves...it seems everything our team would had done never happened...filtered balls were constantly a threat to pumas thanks to the pressured pachuca put in the middle of the field...they showed the garra during this game...we did not show up...yeah maybe bad referee, but you cant blame the ref for our offensive lack of power, that is just patetic...

...hope the press don't start their weekly attacks of pumas as it has some of us used to b4...hope pumas directives begin prohibiting press access in order to stop the players from falling into their dirty tactics motivated by selling the red note...it has already damaged us in the past and it will continue to do so if given a chance, press dont care...some people here is alreday close to mentioning the word "crisisis" when there is still pleanty of hope ahead...bottom line, focus, we have to keeep our heads up and clear by showing garra in all our remaining games...

...other than that, the support continues because no matter what, our fans will not let our team down...pumas fans, will continue to keep their part because we are the best in mexico!!!:cool: ...duro vs. c.azul ************!!!...

15. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Re: ...media pressure would soon begin...i can feel it...

No the ref was not to blame, this was 100% our own fault... it did seem at times that we were desperate to lose, but we (and the ref 2nd goal ONLY) had to help them kill us... they weren't all that... if they had been any good the loss would have been a lot heavier.

No, we are a long way from a crisis yet.... this very poor performance should serve to help everyone focus more... I guess three games in 8 days doesn't help (I know its the same for everybody), but what we had seen this season up to the Santos game was a very high level of concentration from the boys... maybe there was a degree of mental tiredness..... but now have a week to rechage the batteries.... Cruz Azul a(nother) big one, to win at their place would be such a confidence boost.... we are going to turn this around..... tranqui, tranqui

And we have missed Leandro:-of course you must not stick everything on one player, and its not fair to put it all on his shoulders, but theres not a team in the world that doesn't suffer from some degree from the loss of one of their best players...surely.....

Now for the annual fight with ticketscum.com.mx for Estadio Azul tickets.. last year between us we spent 30 hours trying to negotiate the lies and preverications of them... and in the end had to get them off a tout.... this year I have a plan (not sure why I thnk it will work, but never mind...)

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

last man back should not be pikolin, not even veron.

Defense needs some work.

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...see, another reason why i like this forum...just the right dosis of reasonable futbol dialogue...most of our fan's make sense (at least the 4 or 5 consistent posters here)...pocos, pero de buena leche...

,,,i am with you 100% disco...

...lets keep the good work man, gotta make this forum respectful and serious...not that it is our aim to keep it like that, it is just the way it comes out...

...for those who come and talk shit, you are welcome as well, but you will be ignored (at least by me) if your posting is directed to generate figths...so back up your comments to continue a nice conversational flow, a thing bigsoccer mexico lacks in many threads:mad: nowdays...

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...pikolin needs to learn from its mistakes since is costing pumas goals against...kinda like the guy, but it begins to look like another maza...:mad:

...as disco mentioned, i think it was just a terrible defensive game and we should move forward...we were doing decently defensively in our previous games...

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...not sure if it was a decent game on our part B or H, but we did lost garra when we needed it most, specially knowing of our relegation battle as well as our group 3 positioning...

...i am sure this game would serve us well in facing our next matches...the battle continues...

20. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  21. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  22. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yes indeed, up until the end of this match v Pachuca (match 6), we had already attained 961.7 minutes of youngsters playing (you need 765 minutes across the season), only bettered by Atlas (1280 mins). Although we have plenty of South Americans, we still blood young Mexicans better and more than other clubs, and good for us....

23. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8

..... of course the ref was wrong....BUT, and much more importantly, what were our defenders doing, allowing that run from mosquera, completely free to run straight through us......