GAME 5: Fire v. Wiz 4/18/09

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Hattrix, Apr 14, 2009.

1. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I so want this.

2. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my ideal lineup too. So so hot.

Thor is our best right sided midfielder and Pappa is playing lights out and deserves to be slotted back into his natural side at left. Ward is the undisputed starting RB right now (sorry Dasan, still <3 u).

Blanco, Rolfe, and McB would give opposing defenses huge headaches, especially if you have Rolfe and Blanco interchanging roles often. Then Supahsub Nyarko comes in for whichever forward is most fatigued in 2nd half (likely Blanco) and Mapp for whichever mid. Then the 3rd sub is DH's tactical call depending on needs.

So that means we can expect to see it exactly once this year, and for a half. :p

3. TinManJoshua

TinManJoshua Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the info the Wizard brought, I think we'll see Thor and Pause in the middle, Mapp and Pappa wide, and McBride wayy up top with Rolfe(More likely Nyarko) as a withdrawn forward. Sachsen says their central midfield is their strongpoint, so we'll focus on shutting them down in the middle and spread our offense wide.

Back four is easy to determine. Ward, Soumare, Conde, Segares. I like it a lot.

4. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Yeah, the info that their right back is a weak spot makes me thing DH will use Mapp out left this game. Mapp managed a post last game, and had a goal at Dallas and could have had an assist. We might possibly start Blanco up top with McBride:

-----Blanco------BMB----
    Mapp-----Thor-----Pappa
    ---------Pause----------
    Sega--Conde--Baky--Ward
    -----------Busch---------

Nyarko for Blanco at 60', Rolfe for Mapp at 70', switching Pappa to the left.

5. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    High temperture is going to be 72 degress on Saturday with rain late. So it should be in the low 60's to upper 50's with hopefully the rain holding off to well after the game. So if we only get 11,000 to this game there's a very big problem with the tickets sales people.

I hope Hamlett has the balls to put Blanco, Rolfe and Thorrington in there. I like firefan06's lineup, but somehow Hamlett isn't going to put all three in there. I bet he'll have both Blanco and Rolfe come in as subs again, so will see something like

----------------Busch---------------
    --Ward--Soumare--Conde--Segares--
    ----------------Pause--------------
    --Mapp-----------------------Pappa-
    --------------Thorrington------------
    --Nyarko------------------McBride---

That's still a good lineup and one of the better in the league, but with Blanco and Rolfe in there it could be a great lineup and the best in the league.

GO FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-0

6. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Roman Kashuba is reporting that McDill is reporting that Conde may miss this one as well. If so, we get more opportunity to learn about our depth on the back line. More opportunity for Dasan to get the minutes needed to scape off the rust? Will Sega again underperform without Conde next to him? Good thing this is all happening early on so we can learn from it before crunch time.

Go Fire!

7. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if Conde is out, I would like to see Woolard get the start.

8. FireAddict

FireAddict Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Grayslake, IL
    According to the original report Woolard is also out with a high ankle sprain. (?)

9. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Sounds like we have too many midfielders and too few defenders.

10. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC
    Looking for a bar to watch KC beat the fire somewhere downtown or near uk. village (western and chicago?) Cant make it to the game as the slackers show is up north...a bar must do

11. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I can come up with a few ideas for places you can go.

12. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Try Cellblock at 3702 N. Halsted St.

13. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Slackers aren't playing up north, it's the near west side, 20 min from the park.

14. aw cmon man, you're ruining his pathetically weak excuse

15. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC
    Oh awesome, thanks dicks. Chicago fans truely are the cream of the crop. Im glad that all the shit people talk about you all being fat pieces of shit is not true.

See ya saturday

16. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Like the banner held up by the Seattle fans last Saturday:

"GO BACK TO WITCHITA"

god-damned hillbillies.rednecks.stumpjumperrs.hayseeds.clodhoppers.cousinkissers.backasscountryphux

17. Andy Zilis

Andy Zilis Member+

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochelle, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as Hamlett leaves Ward at RB, I think we'll be ok. I'd expect Robinson to fill in for Conde again. He hasn't played well yet this season, but I think that backline should work.

18. RAYyardbird

RAYyardbird New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    KC

Any Clue how far withita is from KC? Your team plays in a smaller town than witchita anyway. Retard. Again wait until a repeat of last year.....

WIZ ON THE FIRE WIZ ON THE FIRE FIRE FANS ARE SLOB ASS RETARDS

19. Wait, so does this mean you're coming to the game now instead of hiding in a bar? If so, I have gained a slight amount of respect for you, even after your all-caps flameout there.

20. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    BTW - The Slackers suck, ya f -ing lame.

21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sound like good people, I think I want to buy you a beer.

Tell you what, I'll be right at the top of section 115, dressed as a Chicago cop. You come up and kick me the in ass and scream "I'm a child molesting, cop killer" so I know it's you and I'll buy you a couple of pints.

22. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about this for a second before I realized I don't care.

This is true...and witchita has only one family.

Yeah, just like last year, except Barrett is in Canada, and McBride is starting in his place...well, that, and our bench is better than your 1st team.

I figured out the jumble! :)

23. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Hey now, don't scare him off...this is our one good chance to observe a Wiz fan in the wild.

I think if we get a good picture of him, we can sell it to the Audubon Society.

This is beer money we're talking about here...

24. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: Sorry...I forgot...

Everyone!!! SHHHHH!!!!:D

Oh shit...I think it flew away...damn.:(

25. flew away, right over the rainbow...