Game 3: PHI vs WSH

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by Blaze20, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Anyone going to the game on sunday?

2. Longtimesub

Longtimesub Member

May 18, 2009
  3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not very many people were there. The weather was bad or so I understand. Any one who did go want to give their perspective on the formations, game play, who did well, etc? Thanks.

4. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    I was at the game, and it was a great win for Philly. You can see them starting to mesh, now that they've got more games under their belt. Seger and Lindsey are a great midfield combo, they really get the attack going. ARod and Sanderson finally each got one--you can see that they're working together better, and that the linkage between midfielders and forwards has improved. Philly defends as a team and the goalkeeping is sold. This is going to be a fun group to watch. I would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs.

5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I was also at the game and was surprise we got about 2900 spectators. I expected less as it was a horrible weather.

No on to the game:
    Forwards: Sanderson and Arod played great and Sanderson was constantly getting behind the Washington back line which is not good at all. I do not think McLeod would have made any difference cuz the defense suck.

Midfield: I want to first extend my thanks to Washington for gifting us Lori Lindsay. I believe she had direct or indirect assists on all goals and the second goal by Falk was a carbon copy from the one against Boston last week. Seger also made some great attacking runs.

Defense: Lets just say Wambach had her hands full with Falk and each time they went for a 50/50 ball, Falk won and Abby was on the ground. Now I know the defense is tough but got to say Magnusdottir got lucky she didn't get sent off after picking up her yellow. In the second half, she was playing right back and that was right infront were I was sitting and I counted atleast 3 times when she shove players off the ball and she could easily have been given a second yellow. I guess the Freedom players were shocked because she also doesn't shy away from contact and would just run right into players. The defense overall was solid and Henderson was very impressive. I hope she sees more playing time.

Overall, It was a great game apart from the dreadful weather and my player of the match would probably be Lindsay.

1 person likes this.
  6. FreeKicks

FreeKicks New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Oh Frida, gotta love her, the little bull.