Game #28 10-10 Columbus at Chicago Post game[R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Bethany, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Return to Soldier Field with a victory.

Kick Ass.

:D

2. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Huzzah! Now go Colorado beat SJ!

3. NCFire

NCFire Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Chapel Hill
    Great game!

The Fire adapted very well to the width of the field. In some ways, playing on the small field actually seems to me to have improved their game on a big field. The whole 1st half was won taking 3-5 very quick one and two touch passes through a crowded midfield and then springing into the space afforded by the larger field.

Nate played a hell of a game. If it wasn't Damani, I'd say that it would be hard not to leave him in. His work as a target forward devastated the Crew defense. They couldn't get the ball off of him short of double teaming, triple teaming, tackling (american football style) or elbowing him in the back of the head. Also, on his goal, he had an extraordinarily subtle 1st touch lifting the ball over his defender's (#5 on C-bus) foot while running in at full speed.

Ante played very well. I felt bad for him that the ball kept falling onto his right foot in the box. Brilliant header.

Section 8 seemed to like the new digs. So loud I could hardly hear the announcers at times. 30,845. Wish I could've made it 30,846.

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back and I have to say even though it was against a sub-par crew team we played pretty solidly. Nice asist by razov on first goal and how many header goals does he have in the six years he's been here?Still don't know why we can't test Bolanos more. Lets see what he has. If he isn't any good why did we waste an SI and salary on him?
    In the playoffs against better competion we may ned a better attacking mid-fielder.

5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I liked Nate even when he wasn't scoring. He has nice control over the ball.
    Also Curtin had a great game.

6. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    For me the highlight of the evening was the 3 security guards having to walk up the aisle with everyone chanting in their faces. what a beautiful thing that was!

7. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Awesome game.
    So much fun.
    DMB played awesome.
    Razov is playing much better.
    I feel our bench is getting deeper and deeper with players getting experience.
    I didn't even miss Damani tonight!
    Jaqua kicked ass!

Can I see a Futagaki please?

8. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Oh yeah that was great, and also my biggest highlight was getting razov's jersey. :)

9. Fuegofan

Fuegofan New Member

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Curtin had another fabulous game. I was glad he was picked as MOTM, b/c he saved us a bit in the first half.

I've like Nate's touch on the ball since I first saw him come in against New England. Glad he's finding his scoring touch.

I brought ten rookies tonight, including three Norwegians and a Venezuelan. They all had a great time. I think they'll be back. We didn't get to talk much, but they're few comments were:
    1. Much better than we expected. Great atmosphere. (We sat in Sec. 124, right next to BBs.)
    2. They were happy that beer is served in the stadium.
    3. They were wondering if there's a pub supporters go to after games.
    Help me out on that last one guys, 'cause I have no idea.

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game! It felt fantastic to cheer on the guys in a stadium with over 30 thousand fans. I was suprised at how full the stadium looked and felt. DMB played a helluva game. He got a lot of touches and showed his skill and drive on all of them. Great goal by Jaqua. I had to watch the header by Razov on Foxsports because I was in line getting a Coke (my fault, not the stadiums). Section 8 represented in style tonight. I can't wait for the next game, when i'm movin' to Section 8.

11. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    Jaqua looks a little awkward at times. But even so, he had a great game tonight. Think what he'll be like in aonther year or two when he gets more experience. He's definitely a keeper and a work in progress.

The passing tonight was incisive. The teamwork by the Fire was superb. Players were picking each other up and covering whenever needed. Part of it must come from the balls not running away from players like they did at Cardinal Stadium.

I think Beasley was thoroughly excellent tonight also. With more space, we've been able to see more of his creativity in midfield. He responded with a sparkling display of playmaking.

12. Isisbud

Isisbud New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Encinitas
    Demarcus Beasley is a better center mid than he is a wide mid. He has VERY VERY good vision for the across-the-grain pass when he is in the center, and moving left or right with the ball.

13. Emiliano240

Emiliano240 New Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ack, I'm pissed I missed this game.....Not just this match but also had to miss the Cubs game :(

This was the first time I missed a televised Fire game in 3 seasons!

I mean having a date is one thing, but 1st things first - I feel like I betrayed not only my favorite team but the Cubs too :(

However a great night for Chicago!!!!

¡Viva Chicago! ¡Viva Fire! ¡Viva Cubs!

14. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes you did.

15. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm so glad Sarachan stayed with Beasley in the center in a 3-4-1-2. With more space, as someone said, it will be even better for Beasley. It's such a different game to watch--much much better!

How was Pause down the right for Whitfield? I think Pause may be more reliable/less tempramental, but Whitfield seems faster and more used to the wide role.

Now, beat Colorado! Let's get that Shield!

16. dustbin

dustbin Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Marengo, IL
    Didn't you see him warming up at halftime? ;)

17. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    Pause did quite well down the right side. He had a number of free runs down the right side unto the ball and teammates were able to find him to switch sides of play all night. He's not quite as fast as Evan, but I don't think there was any measurable drop off in play with Pause out there.

18. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best thing I heard all night was from a beer vendor on the concourse: "Man when the Fire scored it was louder in here than when the Bears scored a touchdown."

Yes it was beer man....yes it was.

19. Easport6

Easport6 New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Ohio
    First off, from tv the sounded like one of the loudest crowds I ever seen. So props to that. Also congrats on the Eastern Championship. Being a Crew fan(and obviously not making the playoffs, I figure I better support one team in the playoffs at least to make me have some playoff entertainment) I have choosen Chicago, mostly for their class and skill(oh and they don't cheat like Metrostars) Plus they are closer to my own home and the fans last night made just about every left out in the rain Crew fan probably want a piece of that type of high quality action.

20. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    So you are the one I have to come after! Sorry, but I was cursing you at the game! When does Razov ever do that? Never!
    Don't listen to him. He was BEGGING me last night to track you down, steal the jersey, and send it to Oklahoma. No lie.

21. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Well quite frankly I thought that Ante threw it straight to Liam's little brother since he got layed out by a 90mph blast from Ante's foot. Next time you get knocked unconcious from a ball that Ante kicks you can ask for his jersey too. I was dissapointed to see someone else walk away with it.

22. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    It was over his head so I got it.

And I'v seen ante do that few times before.

23. Well, I don't think you should be disappointed [actually, WhoTF knows what dissapointed means?], nor Liam's little bruder should be. See, everyone dreams to be fucked by Razov. Now when it happens, I don't see happy (though bleeding) faces. Liam's bro should be so proud; it does not happen every day to get a little [French] kiss from Ante. He's got good chances to star in a male rendition of "Never Been Kissed."

24. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    LOL :)

25. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Wow. Marcin's on a tear. Watch out.