Game 2: Independence at Breakers 4/18

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by Blaze20, Apr 16, 2010.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the same thing and wondered how the ref allowed her to start w/ that shirt. She changed for the 2nd half, iirc.

2. McDude

McDude New Member

Jan 7, 2010

3. PhillyIndependence

PhillyIndependence New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I thought the team showed a lot of heart, fighting back from a 1 goal deficit to tie the game.

Who is planning on attending the game on Sunday vs. the Washington Freedom? We need to get a supporter's section going. After watching the Boston game, it reaffirmed that we need to get the ball rolling with this!

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I plan to attend on Sunday. If you need more info, PM me.

5. McDude

McDude New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Yes, I agree with you.....thought the team looked a lot better in the 2H and fought hard till the end. In the 2H they seemed more settled and poised which allowed for some nice playmaking and scoring opportunities.

Going to be a tough battle against Freedom as they are the top scoring team in league (last yr and probably again this yr).

6. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    From WPS:

April 20, 2010
    SAVE OF THE WEEK
    A pair by LeBlanc

Philadelphia Independence goalkeeper Karina LeBlanc was the top netminder in Women’s Professional Soccer last year with the LA Sol. She has picked up where she left off. Two of her saves in the Independence’s 1-1 draw with the Boston Breakers have been selected as the Philly Soccer News Save of the Week for the week ending April 18.

In the 32nd minute of Sunday’s game, with the score still 0-0, Boston’s Kelly Smith got in on a breakaway, LeBlanc made a move which forced her to cut to her left, and Le Blanc went down and got a hand on the shot, preventing it from going in.

In the closing minute of the half, Liz Bogus took a shot from wide on the right and Le Blanc made a leaping dive to her right to put the ball over the bar.