Game 17: PUMAS v Tigres

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Nov 10, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i am with you 100% disco...anyways, wonder what amierdica fans are saying now...their team will probably lose today...haha...

...i am not celebrating anything yet but the fact that we got some valuable points out of this season for the relegation situation...but i am telling you again, our team enters the liguilla best defense and 10 in offense...not bad, not bad...i am sure teams will underestimate us...:D :cool:

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Too right, no celebrations til that descenso is proper off our back, but look, we are equal with tigres, ahead (for now) of Tecos, way in front of Santos... but we are on the way up, they are all on the way down...

as you (or maybe El Kapitan) said a couple of weeks back, these liguilla games are going to be just great fun... having that % on our back week in-week-out has been tough (imagine the players!), but now we can just go to CU, and they can just go out and play, and ENJOY it...... best defence is great... the concentration shown this season, the rise we have seen from Pikolin, justly rewarded with a goal today, young lads like Velarde, Espinosa, Moreno keeping us true to our roots, and responding magnificently.... and today whipped us up the goals-scored table, but as long as we keep scoring more than we concede I am happy.... OK still another 17 games to go, but we can enjoy it today, surely......

And I have said time and time again, that Pumas are not boring, if you know and like football, than we have had a fascinating season..... still bothers me that many (including people PAID to talk football) said that 0-0 v Toluca (and v Chivas for that matter) were dull - thats just showing your ignorance!!

Did not lose two games on the spin all season, our worst patch in the middle, those 3 draws followed by Atlante loss... but a great end to the season, 9 in 9... oo I'm rather over-excited at the moment.....

For the regular season I would have Scocco as best player (he owed us a long-range goal!), but Velarde pushes him close...Pikolin most-improved, hasn't RoRo done well, only let in those 2 v America.... Leandro good decent season, Parejita faded a bit towards the end, another good game today...Veron a ********ing rock as I say, defences hate playing against Gonzalez..... BRING EM ON!!!!!

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...man is amazing what our def has done this season...i mean, espinoza, morales, velarde, pikolin...i knew you will find out pikolin just needed some time...remember i told you about him begining of the season?...i mean, he still needs some progress, but i like him more than maza rdgz (btw, he also scored this week)...

...velarde has made forget about gonzalo pineda...espinoza has imporved much, and chiapas has not been missed since that side has been well covered...moreno has done good for us as well...veron, well i said b4 we could let either beltran or veron go, but not both so he is a true puma...scocco has been outstanding for us this season as it has also been for pareja, leandro, and even sancho...roro has improved a lot and stepped up well...reinaldo has sucked and the arieles have been kinda low profile but have showed some garra i guess...

...mvp this season so far has been pareja along with scocco and of course dont forget about leandro who pushes our offense and defends well, i call him the "link"....so triple tie for me...

4. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Do you find it annoying too when people not related with the club complaint about Pumas not producing players anymore???

Best D of the tournament and look at the names on it, Espinoza, Palacios, Velarde, Moreno and Castro, ALL from cantera, the only defender not from cantera in the roster is Verón, most of our guys aren't even 25. I really don't know how someone can say that Pumas is not producing players anymore.

On the offensive side of tha ball, I'm sure we'll see more canteranos comming soon, yesterday Bonells scored a brace for Pumas Morelos and Pablo Barrera scored one goal. As you know Bonells is more of a target forward, and not a very good one, but who knows? he might blossom into a decent striker, but Barrera is a very exciting prospect, and I really hope we get to see more of him next season.

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]

...this goes for the ameierdicanistas...think of it as an guilota instead of a tiger...

...all pumas in this mfhouse say with me "kiss my feet"....hahahaha

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    So true, kapitan, so true.....

sorry lads, once i've had a good long sleep, I am going to post more and more on this....still buzzing....

BUT... here's the top 5 of the GENERAL table:-
    1st cruz azul 30pts +7
    2nd PUMAS 29pts +10
    3rd america 29pts +6
    4th toluca 27pts +11
    5th monterrey 27 +6

and this is how we will start the Clausura 2007 in descenso, bottom 7:-
    1.2824 atlante 109 from 85
    1.2549 san luis 64 from 51
    1.2353 queretaro 21 from 17
    1.2235 PUMAS tecos and tigres 104 from 85
    1.1176 santos 95 from 85

given the state of those bottom 4 teams now, we are by far the healthiest....

....me mate just been to cuba, so sat and had a great fat Cohiba to celebrate... nacho's goal the pick of the bunch, but gonzalez's finish awesome, and just crushed them.... top draw finish from Parejita.....4 goals this season from another born-and-breed puma.... and also out of the top draw the finish from the big man....also hecho en CU

for those of you who have seen my blog, I give a "championship manager" style mark out of ten for each player each week... here are the averages, with man of match and goals afterwards...

7.47 Scocco 4 mom, 6 goals
    7.25 Veron 1,0
    7.17 RoRo
    7.12 Parejita 2,4
    7.07 Gonzalez 2,4
    7.07 Leandro 2,1
    6.94 Velarde 1,0
    6.90 Sancho 1,0
    6.77 Moreno 1,0
    6.76 Pikolin 1,1
    6.67 Espinosa
    6.60 Morales 0,1
    6.58 Bernal
    6.41 Castro 1,0
    6.25 Alanis
    6.20 Alex Diego
    6.00 Bonells
    6.00 Toledo
    5.92 Chupa 1,3
    5.87 Reinaldo 0,1
    5.56 Iñiguez
    5.50 Barrera

probably bullshit, but I've got excel, may as well use it....

7. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This has been my favorite game since the Hugo years. I thought UNAM had to get the 9 points for the descenso but thought they would only get 7 (didn't think we would beat San Luis) and now its great that we did. Plus we tied Tigres for the descenso. It's just awesome. Hopefully UNAM and UAG rise next season and Tigres and Santos keep sinking.

8. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    With the 3 point deduction for both Queretaro and San Luis for not complying with the under-21 rule, Pumas now vaults to 4th from the bottom.

15 Pumas 1.2235
    16 San Luis 1.1961
    17 Santos 1.1176
    18 Gallos Blancos 1.0588

9. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

oh shit thats not good.....:(

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    are you 100% sure it counts for the desceno? I thought it was only for the league (ie entry to liguilla), but Record has your figures, but I am sure I saw somewhere that it doesn't count.... have searched through FEMEXFUTs rules, but can't find it....cheers

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...well i also heard and saw on TD that rule about the three points deducted if not complying and they said it counted for relegation purpose as well...

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    This is such a good point, thanks for highlighting it, ask San Luis or Queretaro about producing young players!

Not just the fewest conceded this short season, the fewest conceded in any short season (equal with Atlante 11 in 17 winter 96) - and as you say, take Veron (who has played all his footy in mexico with us), the other lads who played in pure def roles, Castro, Pikolin, Velarde, Moreno, Espinosa, ALL born in CU, ALL born in the 1980's.... this record they have set is truly HECHO EN CU.....

and plenty of forward players got run outs throughout the tournament, often in tense moments, like Alanis coming on for last 20 v Cruz Azul - how many teams would have done that?

13. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
  14. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Some stuff from Record:-
    [​IMG]