Game 17: PUMAS v Tigres

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    well, here we are, and with 26 points, would have been more than happy with that at the beginning of the season.

As far as I can tell, we are already guaranteed a place in the 4 teams which play-off for the last to places in the liguilla.

However, if we WIN this match (which we really ought to),and either Toluca OR America only draw (or lose), then we get straight to liguilla. Even if America win, we can still make it if our winning difference on the day is better than theirs...

If we DRAW, we will make it direct only if America lose.

I think thats right.

Of course, a win would also mean having equal points with Tigres in the descenso, and if Tecos lose we will go above them to boot. (if Querataro lose we go above them, even if we lose too).

I would be happy to see the normal 5-3-2, but would rather see 4-4-2, drop Moreno, and play Castro right-back, Sancho contencion, Leandro central attacking, Pareja on right, and ********ing Morales on the left (is he still alive?), and obviously Gonzalez and SCOCCO up front... that would be fun...

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Just realised we could also go direct if we lose - but only if America also lose, but by a bigger margin than us.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...quien Sera El Gato Mas Cabron?...

...oh man, oh man what an end of this tourney...lots of good things going on...

...santos lost...so we got some breathing space again...

...if we beat tigres and then tecos/san luis dont amount to score many points, as it was already mentioned, we will jump to an even better zone...also, we can start the next tourney just 7 points away from spot number ten en la porcentual...sweet...

...we are almost in the liguilla...hold on guys, hold on...if we just play the way it has been during the season, we will defeat tigres...

...i am not sure what tigres will bring to the table but mario carrillo likes to attack, however since they also value the points i am almost sure they will wait for us and counter...our defense must be alert...

...cheer for us disco...i am sure you will go to the game...we could enter la liguilla as a low profile team who everyone thinks sucks because we are in trouble of descenso...this could play an important part if we encounter teams who would underestimate us...

...i am in the process of moving to mexico and then to chicago so i have not had time to come in and chat...hope to go in dec to guanajuato and spend xmas there and maybe even new years...cant wait to go, i miss my homeland so much...

...goya, universidad!!!...:cool:

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Re: ...quien Sera El Gato Mas Cabron?...

Its so tense... but with Toluca losing, a win gets us there... i think we will make the repechaje in any case.... but, and this is the very first time this season, I have a good feeling about today...

.......Obviously Gaitan and Chamagol are fine strikers, but Tigres' figures do not flatter them this season:- they have scored the fewest, and conceded the second most!

I will be there, mate, and I will of course be cheering....as for being a "low-profile" team, well if we do win, we will finish higher in the group than Toluca, and only one point behind the super-lideres.... something for all the press and fans, who have been slagging us all season, to think about..... still an if, though......

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    First minute and Ariel Gonzalez puts it home!!!

1-0 Pumas

6. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol. 5 seconds in and we're ahead.

no son verguenza nacional por nada, los tigres. :)

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Ariel Lopez on a penalty. 2-0 Pumas.

8. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    i never knew it was humanly possible to score that quick:confused:

question: shouldnt that penalty been a red card for the tigres player?

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Palacios with a header from Leandro. 3-0 Pumas.

10. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hell yeah. The tigres player was the last man... after him there was no one in front of lopez.

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: ...quien Sera El Gato Mas Cabron?...

...yeah, no need to worry today...it has been all azul y oro...hehe...

...who is gaitan, where is chamagol?...tigres is a bunch of high paid cocky players...

...this victory is for the stupid press and all the amierdica haters, hahaha...:cool:

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...it will be nice to see morales in...pinche tuca, harldly any playtime for this guy under him...i understand though, velarde is doing pretty good on that side...

...sancho out?, for inyiguez?...wtf?...

...well at least i am sure they will bring reinaldo in eventually...

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...there it goes...reinaldo in...he started this season with a goal, is he gonna finish with another one?...:cool:

14. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Ariel f'n Lopez is still getting minutes on this team? Fucking pathetic!
    I'd rather see one of the young forwards than this clown.

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...it is all good man, as long as they can contribute as they did today but consistently...

...as i type pareja puts it in...

...4-0!!!...

...and at least for this season i could quote w.bush on this one: "mission acomplished"...jaja...

...we enter the playoffs as the "patito feo" even tough we for sure will be second...amierdica wont do anything against la monarquia...

...shit 5-0...scoccoooooooo.......falta el de reinaldo, pinche ******** better score...

...a huevoooooo!!!...listening to chicago groove's dj's latest stream...drinking some henry weinhard's brewsky (cheap good beer), eating some freaking tostadas de camaron...pumas giving it to tigres...nice, nice, day today...and still more to go...

http://chicagogroove.com/groove/

16. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    5-0 now. Great stuff!

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5-0????........sad

i think that tigres will be the next to go a primera A after santos goes:p

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i guess unam fans are liking Padilla as head official :D

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    As of now:

GRUPO 3
    UNAM Pumas: 8-5-4, 29 pts. (21/11; +10)
    Toluca: 7-6-4, 27 pts. (27/16; +11)
    América: 7-5-4, 26 pts. (19/14; +5)
    Morelia: 7-2-7, 23 pts. (23/24; -1)
    Tigres UANL: 3-5-9, 14 pts. (14/37; -23)
    Santos Laguna: 1-8-8, 11 pts. (19/31; -12)

Overall club standing:

1. Cruz Azul - 30 pts, +7
    2. Pumas - 29 pts, +10
    3. Toluca - 27 pts, +11
    4. Monterrey - 27 pts, +6 (27)
    5. Atlas - 27 pts, +6 (25)
    6. Pachuca - 26 pts, +10
    7. Guadalajara - 26 pts, +8
    8. América - 26 pts, +5

21. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    You're probably right, Franco. But damn, Lopez didn't do shyt in games where we
    actually needed goals. And now that Pumas has scored enough to win, he scores one that would not have mattered if he scored on or if he missed.

Anyway, I have to admit that i'm satisfied with the points earned this season even though I am not a big fan of the type of futbol being displayed.

Now on to the liguilla.

22. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NICE, sweet victory, now we are going for the title, ha, ha.

Screw Tigres, Tecos, Santos, Gallos, and all the other lousy teams, they are the ones that should worry about relegation from now on.

BTW for all of you asking about Fernando Morales, well, he's injured and the tourney is over for him. It's something about one of his knees and hopefully he'll recover soon.

23. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...mannn, that really freaking sucks...i have been away from mexican footie for the last 2-3 weeks...no wonder...

...badazz victory i should say...i am not sure if the title is coming our way, but having the best defense on the tourney at least gives you some confidence...only worry is with our scoring...tigres did too played an important part on this victory, their defense was clueless and our offense took well advantage of it...i am not too hyped up about playoffs, i am keeping it low profile as our team is doing...

...btw, ******** the mexican press...:mad:

24. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...just waiting for teco's loss today as well....but i wouldnt mind a tie between them two...

...how was it a CU today disco?...:cool:

25. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    It was great in CU today, good atmosphere... all this season's hard work paying off, although Tigres did not really turn up....

....inconcievable that Tuca can start with Chupa ahead of Scocco... is he blind?

....great for the big man, Sideshow Bob to get a goal, his first league goal, he loved it...

...another crap ref... had to be a red on penalty, its just the rules... and then a straight red for chat!!!!! real crap.....

so should finish 2nd overall.... and we are crap and boring, apparently?!!