Game #15 FIRE @ Gals Sun 8/1/10 6:30pm [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Stogey23, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except Castillo has the #10 shirt, we play a 4-5-1 and he sure won't be our lone forward.

And I know that by now your Pausehatred has passed beyond all reason into a form of mild and occasionally entertaining insanity, but while Logan isn't an All-Star, he's barely even in the top 10 of our top unsuccessful players list anymore now that we have Dykstra, John, Carr, McBride, Dimitrov, Husidic, Robinson, and now post-eurogame d-mid Conde. some people would throw Banner and Lowry onto that list. In fact, if we hadn't got rid of Mapp and Martinez, Pause wouldn't even be in the top 10 at all. Granted, that says more about how bad we are now than it does about Pause himself but there ya go.

4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    The truth is always in the middle. The people plugging him into the starting 11 are crazy. They guy has played less than a handful of games in three years and just started training yesterday.

On the other hand, even though it would be prudent to wait, I'm guessing that Nery will be ready to burst in the second half and the hype associated with ticket sales will likely nudge him onto the field in the second half. The question will be if he gets 10, 20 or 30 minutes.

5. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CDLC said that he's going with a two forward lineup with Castillo and we have better options than Pause.

6. Who is a better option than Pause? Conde does not count, we will need him in defense vs LA.

7. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    He doesn't count because of the way he has played there as well. For as much as people bitch about Logan passing square or backwards, at least they go to the right shirts. Conde has been the human turnover and commits some dumb fouls in midfield where he doesn't need to.

8. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hyperbole? I think he has played more then a handful of games for the Mexican NT in the past three years. I doubt we see him against LA at all, I wonder if he'll even travel with the team, I think they will build the hype for the home game against RBNY.

9. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure about that (remember that pass to Cooper).

10. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umanzor, he did a pretty good job against Pumas.

DM is still a defensive position, with helping out the offense every once in a while, which Pause can't and Conde can.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the rumor is correct and we just traded for Freddie Ljungberg, where does he play and who sits in his place.

Well he's part of the FIRE family.

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2010/07/fire-land-ljungberg

He's available for Sunday's game. will he play, if so where does he play and who sits?

Our lineup could be very different on Sunday with the addition of both Castillo and Ljungberg.

12. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will have alot of options on Sunday if both Castillo and Freddie play.

Fowards:McBride,John,Castillo,Nyarko, and even Carr/Dimitrov (I hope both don't even make the dress list).

Midfield:pappa,Nyarko,Castillo,Freddie,Conde,Bone,Husidic,Lowry,Banner,Umanzor and Pause

Defense:Conde,Krol,Kinney,Brown,Robinson,Umanzor,KWS and Ward

13. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm guessing that we will be playing DLC's preferred 4-1-4-1 with Nery and Freddie in the mix

John/McBride
    Pappa - Ljungberg - Castillo - Nyarko
    Umanzor/Pause
    Krol - Conde - Brown - Kinney

14. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Nery and a few players practiced for an extra hour today. It looks like he isn't flying to LA.

15. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So then Freddie and Nery will be starting with Game #16. How perfect is that?

16. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Good way to start the second half of the season. I think Freddie may play on Sunday though.

17. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I imagine he'll get over his "ankle tweak" rather quickly now.

18. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    He's only played in about 40 games total from 2007 to the present and hasn't played in any games for several months. I'd call that a handful, but if you want to quibble, go right ahead.

19. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Your definition of handful is rather odd in that case.

20. Andy Zilis

Andy Zilis Member+

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochelle, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hasn't it been pretty much stated that Castillo will play as a withdrawn forward? Leads me to think we'll see a 4-4-1-1, with Ljunberg and Pause/Umanzor in the middle, Castillo in front of them, and John or McBride up top.

I doubt either Castillo or Ljungberg will start on Sunday, though, so this is more a discussion for next week's game.

21. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Jesus you pick the strangest things to get all huffy about. He averaged about 5 club games and 5 national team games a year from 2007 to the present. Define it however you want. My point was he's not going to train two days and play 90 minutes. But you really aren't concerned with "points" in a discussion, you are concerned about the weirdest little definitions.

22. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    You are correct on all points.

23. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So
    • Castillo out because his papers weren't processed in time
    • Ljungberg ready and eager to play
    • Latest IR only has Thor out with Ward and Husidic questionable
    • Fire's blogosphere convinced Johnson will get the nod at GK

We will probably see

[LINEUP-4-5-1]John, Pappa, Nyarko, Umanzor, Ljungberg, Pause,
    Krol, Conde, Brown, Kinney, Johnson[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Subs: McBride, Lowry, KWS, Bone, Dykstra

(Umanzor and Pause play withdrawn so it is really more a 4-2-3-1.)

Of course it is very possible DLC decides to not wait another week and integrates his 2-forward system for this game with McBride and John.

24. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ??????

Seattle's just signed Fernandez (July 29th) not only did he have all his paper work he played in the game last night (July 31).

25. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Castillo won't play today. i don't know if he traveled with the team. Freddy should play today.