GAME 14: club amierdica/UNIVERSIDAD

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Oct 19, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    It is on...

[​IMG]

Alguien aqui quiere caldo de pollo?...For sunday, I know I do...:cool:

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Pretty certain we will start 5-3-2, pleased to see Sancho looking nearly there in his first game back last weekend.

America are wearing a special one-off kit for this match, looks to me like the one they wore in '91 when Tuca scored a golazo in the final to win the championship.

Recent history also in our favour... they last time they beat us there was 29th October 2000.... last six meetings bringing 4 draws and two Pumas victories, the last two games there, in fact. This is in the league only:- obviously we lost the champions of champions match in a downpour there, but the ref was so obviously bought in that match, I don't really count it.

Still not got tickets, will try again today, its just great to be there, last year's 3-1 win was one of the best days of my life....

4. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I got my tickets earlier this week, it's a big opportunity to show our support and make Pumas feel like the local club.

There's nothing like a PUMAS-amierdica in C.U. But a victory over amierdica is tasty anywhere.

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    You are so right, but doing them in their own nest is always so sweet.... anyways, got me tickets now, so see you there........

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The game is actually going to be transmitted on the national geographic channel theres nothing like seeing a Puma hunt a guilota for dinner its the cycle of nature the title Predator(Pumas) vs. Prey(guilotas)

7. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    We always own it there... when we are 3-0 up, and they are silent, listen out for some British accents chanting "you're supposed, you're supposed, you're supposed to be at home", that'll be us....

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i just hope we get at least a point out of this one...tecos and tigres are getting closer to us so any point counts...recent history says we own america at azteca...i just want focus, we should be very smart and focused tomorrow...

...vamos pumas, ************!!!...:cool:

...btw, nice to see some people stopping by this forum...keep it regular guys...a desplumar se ha dicho...

10. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    GAME 14: UNIVERSIDAD vs universidad

Who is us, and how many of you are there?

I'm interested now.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    PUMAS: Rogelio Rodríguez, Israel Castro, Marco Palacios, Darío Verón, Héctor Moreno, Efraín Velarde, Antonio Sancho, Leandro Augusto, José Luis López, Ignacio Scocco, Ariel González

AMERICA: Guillermo Ochoa, José Castro, Diego Cervantes, Duilio Davino, Oscar Rojas, Germán Villa, Alejandro Argüello, Juan Carlos Mosqueda, Cuauhtémoc Blanco, Claudio López, Salvador Cabañas

INJURED: Sergio Bernal (Pumas), Ricardo Rojas (America)

TELEFUTURA: 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT.

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This game is my favorite every season.

[​IMG]

13. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Re: GAME 14: UNIVERSIDAD vs universidad

To be honest Franco, as you say, a point today and I will be a very happy man.

well, for this particular match, I think we are 12, friends and colleagues, 6 Brits, 5 Mexicans, and a Frenchman. We are very easy to find in CU, we always stand in the same place, and scream British insults at the refs and linesmen....

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...pinche jorobas!!!....:mad:

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...looks pretty bad already...fcuk el enano choncho...:mad: ...we need garra...wtf is wrong with our defenders today?...

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...roro sucks big time...i think he coulda done better on those two goals...:mad: ...need some garra...pumas needs to open the field, now is either una goleada o un empate, quiza victoria...lets go...:cool:

17. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    2-0 at the half.

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...half time, game is kinda lame if you take out the two goals nobody really approached with danger...if america was smart, they would sit back and protect the result...we will see...those two goals remind me of wc bad memories with maxi's goal:mad: ...

...so much worrie about pikolin...look were the goals came from...sucks...but still half left...

19. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    You can't really blame el roro for those 2 goals, the defenders were on vacation.

20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Ariel Gonzalez sucks. And Tuca sucks more.

21. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I'm back from the game, the atmosphere there was way beyond the game itself.

The authorities of the stadium were "smart" enough to put most of the fans of Pumas in General Sur, with out considering how many of us were going to be there, making that particular section of the stadium extremely overcrowded, don't know if you could tell from TV, but there were people standing in the stairs and alleys of that section, anyway the environment in the section was great.

The game, well, nothing special, they caught us in two counterattacks and that was it, we gave an interesting second half, but were unable to score, bad result, but you can always complaint with a pal or chant to forget about it, this time I did the later.

Once the game was over we stayed there to keep the chant war with la minimental going on for a while (the kind of stuff you can't enjoy through TV), of course we won that one and left. This time we didn't came across of any incidents in particular, save from a little cart to charge boxes that was destroyed, some verbal assaults from both sides and a poor bastard that I don't know what he did, but was arrested by a very pissed policeman. There wasn't any real action or at least none that I'm aware.

That did it for the game, I hope we can still make it to la liguilla, we have three more games to make it, our hinchada deserves it.

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...wtf was wrong with tuca today?...pulled out leandro and scocco...just cuz the yellows or what?...i cant believe we allowed 2 goals from outside...anyways ******** amierdica...:D

23. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We have to think about this season and how we're still alive and can't do withouth Leandro and Scocco in future matches.

The porcentual still nags us too so everything must be done with that in consideration too.

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Universidad

On TV it sounded like someone was chanting, "Ole, ole-ole, ole, Rebel, Rebel."

Am I on drugs?

A little strange.

Hours later, I saw a game summary on Fox Sports and they mentioned how UNAM's supporters gave an emotional 5 minutes at the end of the match.

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...true, but roro is outta place as well...so yeah, i would blame our defense first but roro should had position himself better...******** your team...:D