Game 12:- PUMAS v Atlante

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    First of two home games coming up, and I think Sancho will finally be back.... needed not least because Leandro visibly has more trust in him than Castro (in that position)... Castro back at right back, 4-4-2, with Moreno ahead of Pikolin, Sancho in front of the defence, Leandro attacking midfield, Morales on left, Parejita on right, Gonzalez and Scocco.

Or 5-3-2, with Sancho, Leandro and Parejita in midfield. Or 4-3-3, lose Morales for Reinaldo, and stick Scocco in the hole?

What you fancy? ..... I just know that we MUST NOT end our 5 game unbeaten run, and we MUST end our 3 games drawn run... i.e. we need 6 points from these two home games......

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Off to a bad start with Biscayzacu scoring and Bernal perhaps breaking his arm.

Atlante 1-0.

RoRo now in net.

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Alcantar given the boot for tackling Pareja from behind. Atlante now with 10 men.

Still 1-0 at the half.

Pumas were robbed of a goal at about 30' because of a bogus fault call. Should be 1-1.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Alanis in for Ariel Lopez as the second half begins.

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Reinaldo comes on for Moreno at 57'. No more subs.

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...wtf?...we are down 1-0 again?...shit, guess we got time and i am confident we at least tie...we seem to be opening the field ok...but i think we are letting too many goal oportunities go, i mean we already had a bizillion corner kicks in our favor...

...goal should come in a matter of time...or at least i hope so...

...aguante pumas!!!>...:cool:

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Veron handed a second yellow for putting Galaz down. 10 men for each side now.

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Ariel Gonzalez just misses the net by a foot or so. One of several close shots Pumas haven't capitalized on today.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    1-0 loss. Wasted opportunity.

Need America to go down to Necaxa later.

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...ni gatos siquiera...not today...

...************!...sorry azz game...:mad:

...i will not blame the ref for the goal not counted in our favor...it is all pumas fault...lack of creativity...pareja alone wont do, even with the help of leandro and then scocco got sorry after the yellow...

...reinaldo?, wtf is wrong with this guy...he is slow and static...

...ariel g was doing lots of desgaste but at the end wasnt enough...

...we lost bernal, looked like a bad injury, he may lose the entire season i think...

...our fans, as always representing...

...******** fiore el ******** mayor de la reputica y el otro ******** gato flaco tambien...i am a sore loser today ******** it...

...hope amierdica loses today, same as boca...

...at least santos lost...:D

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    with you on all that Franco... was a bad call for the disallowed goal, Veron's first yellow was nothing nothing, the second hardly anything... Gonzalez hit the underside of the bar. and forced a good save... but when Pikolin is your best defender, you know you are in trouble...

thousands of poor crosses.. even with 4 strikers on, and 6 or 7 in the box, they dealt with all the crosses easy... grrrrrrr

If we lose to Tecos next week, I will call for Tuca's head... 1-0 loss to ATLANTE, at HOME..... wtf....... FFS

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's insane that Santos has stunk it up and we haven't taken advantage. Look at how Veracruz has done. Man does UNAM directiva suck. We gifted Necaxa, Galindo and Beltran, and I thought that it was cool that maybe we could get Tressor Moreno. But no, we got Chupa Lopez. Awesome :rolleyes: Now next week my two pathetic teams face each other. Stupid Ferreti. I'm taking every good thing I said about him back.

13. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Me too, mate, very angry. You won't need a translation of what Tuca says "La situación es drástica". No shit, Sherlock.

This doesn't help. The reckon Bernal is out at least 6 weeks (ligaments right elbow):-
    [​IMG]
    Anyone got any idea what Veron's first yellow was for? (to be fair the straight red for Alcántar was only a yellow as well)

And bloody pisspoor refs here don't help:-
    [​IMG]

Although, as Franco says, it was our fault. Of course Atlante defended in numbers when they were down to ten men.... but we simply had no ideas or ability to break them down......grrrrr....

14. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Descenso:- bottom 5
    1.2875 Veracruz 103 from 80
    1.2500 Tigres 100 from 80
    1.2375 Tecos 99 from 80
    1.1500 PUMAS 92 from 80
    1.1250 Santos 90 from 80

got to, got to, beat Tecos next week. Still a long way to go, I suppose.

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...sucks disco, sucks...

...3 pts out of the last 12 is just patetic...we are letting too many points slip by...if you look at the table, pumas could had been ahead of tecos and tigres by now (even past veracruz) but we keep missing chances to get closer to them...

...wish i was in df, pumas plays all month long there...

...hope roro represents and helps our team now that bernal is gone...

...where are our forwards?...

...pumas defeated itself again...

...under this playing style of tuca, i am not sure how much pikolin is helping us...his mistakes keep being a liability to us...once again it was his marking confusions that end up in an eary goal against us..

...it seems more and more teams are aware of our weakness on the right side, similar play to the goal against we received from necaxa...is it me or i think most goals against pumas have been on that side of our defense?...at this point i think tuca should probably sit him a game or two...where is j.chiapas or espinoza?...:(

16. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    To be fair to Sideshow Bob, I thought he had an excellent game v Atlante... in fact I felt he was our best player on the day. Rather than Chiapas or Espinoza, it may have made more sense to leave Castro at right back, and use Sideshow as contención - OK he is NOT as creative as castro, but its taken Castro several games to settle into that role, and remember how well Sideshow did there in the South American cup run....

About the goals.... lets think of the goals we have recieved (the left and right refers to our left or right, not theirs):-
    Atlas:- low cross from LEFT, following Velarde positioning error.
    Veracruz:- long cross in from RIGHT - Sideshow made an easy header look hard, headed softly to right, then made mess of attemopted clearance
    Santos:- Pony Ruiz struck ball, following pass and great work down the LEFT from Peralta
    Pachuca:- 1) Pikolin gave them the ball in CENTRE 2) bad pass from Diego, then chipped in ball from CENTRE-left 3) Cacho went passed Pikolin like he wasn't there on RIGHT
    Necaxa:- Pikolin gave it away, good work to score, from the CENTRE
    Queretaro:- Villalobos has acres of space on the RIGHT
    Atlante:- from RIGHT

So, according to me...LEFT 2 and a half, CENTRE 2 and a half, RIGHT 4. if that makes any sense. (this also, of course, could give indication of how well Velarde has played, to be more positive)

What, for me, is most worrying is that we seem to conceded far too many, too early....these are the mins we have conceded:-
    4' 7' 12' 18' 23' 40' 42' 54' 77'
    If we take away the Pachuca debacle, we have had all goals in 1st half, and FIVE in 1st 23 mins..... we need to start concentrating more from the off... these were all silly goals.

I like Tuca's system, but it can't work if you concede an early(ish) goal... this is the third game on the trot we have..

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so pikolin directly involved in 5 or 6 of goals (or right or center right defensively speaking)...

...yes, good idea to try him as contencion instead, but in front of veron...

...yes, we receive goals early on the game...team should be awake from the get go...

...but i guess tuca's strategy has pumas defending early to then get the opponent get tired by the second half...but i dont think he is trying to get a fast counter, or at least the players dont realy show those are the intentions until the second half...

...i mean lately on the first halves we seem to slowly attack, maybe a lil too many touches instead of fast long passes that would get you to the other half quick...

18. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    You had that feeling, but it is striking looking at it goal for goal, isnt it? Of course defenders are going to be mostly to blame for goals, but for ONE of them to be at fault for 5 or 6 out of 9.... especially when some are purely 100% his fault... Pachuca..the near miss at the death v Cruz Azul etc

Well, I have no problem with that... build slowly, force the game to be at your pace... test and probe...hold onto the ball...go up a gear and hit them... but it don't work if you concede early doors!!!

My anger is abating, I am sure it will be fine.... but.. we have to stop those goals, then the tactic will work.... (I hope)

19. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    I'm assuming Ferreti wanted Chupa Lopez on this team, and i'm left wondering what the hell he saw in that bum since he didn't do much with Necaxa. And guess what? Lopez is also not doing much now that he's with Pumas.

The only bright spot is that Alanis is getting a bit of playing time now. I'm hoping he gets all of Lopez' minutes for the rest of the season.

Ah well -- A seguir sufriendo...

20. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    El Chupa is a donkey... I would rather see Reinaldo, to be honest! That said, in Scocco and Gonzalez we have a pairing which, I believe, could (and have) work very well together.. they are both lively, always hustling, creative (esp Scocco), and both have an eye for goal, and a good strikers quick reactions.... they just need to be given 90 mins together consitently.... Hopefully Chupa will go at Christmas.....