Gambrinus Liga 2011/12 [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So Brno isn't getting promoted?

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Outlook not so good. We drew last week, and are 6 points out of 2nd place with 3 rounds remaining. Ugh, it took us till November to get a lot of issues on and off the field worked out, and I just hope we can keep it together into next season, then we should cruise to promotion.

We're undefeated for the entire 2nd half of season, but at the end of the first half we were just out of the relegation zone.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Halftime and the "superfinale" is still 0-0. Liberec have looked the better side relative to their objective, they seem content to play defensive and occasionally counterattack knowing that they only need a draw.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plzeň are starting to look very dangerous.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brno is officially out of the promotion battle. :(

It was still a great spring, but I can't help but be bitter at what a shambolic mess the fall was and how even decent performance the first few months would have meant promotion. We should be one of the favorites for promotion next season.

Anyway, it appears all but certain that Jihlava will be joining Ústí nad Labem in the Gambrinus Liga next season.

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Damn. I will be in Brno in the fall and was hoping to watch a couple of games but if they aren't gunna be in the top division then I don't know. The football is pretty bad.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    How long are you going to be in Brno?

I would probably wait and see how they start the season, if Brno starts strong and is playing another promotion candidate or local rival it's probably worth checking out. Brno won again this weekend, so if the spring is any indication they will have what it takes to secure promotion next season.

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brno won their final match of the season, defeating Most 2 - 0, meaning they will finish 4th in 2. Liga. This was the final matchday of the domestic season (Gambrinus Liga wrapped up last week).

1. Ústí nad Labem 61
    2. Jihlava 55
    3. Sokolov 52
    4. Brno 49
    5. Bohemians / Střížkov 48
    6. Karviná 43
    7. Varnsdorf 42
    8. Opava 41
    9. Most 38
    10. Vlašim 36
    11. Zlín 36
    12. Znojmo 34
    13. Čáslav 34
    14. Táborsko 34
    15. Třinec 30
    16. Sparta B 27

10. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There is a chance Brno will still get promoted, but only if Usti doesn't get their first division license, which is a possibility. Sokolov finished ahead of Brno, but there grounds needs a lot of work to get it up to the standards of the first division. This all means that a 4th place team could get promoted.

11. Francisco Monteiro

Francisco Monteiro New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Guarulhos - São Paulo
    Club:
    Sport Recife
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do somebody have a czech football magazine league guide to exchange for brazilian or argentinian football magazine?
    Interested persons please reply me at: frank_monteiro@ig.com.br.br
    All the best.
    Francisco Monteiro

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, I've been following that. The league clubs are having a meeting, if I remember correctly it's this Wednesday, and I expect that it will most likely come down to Usti and Brno, because Sokolov doesn't seem to have any acceptable grounds option (maybe Plzen if they're willing to share, but that's a long trip for Sokolov fans). Otherwise, Sokolov's only chance would be to convince the league that they have a clear plan to upgrade the stadium to requirements by the end of next season and get an exemption. Usti, as I mentioned in the off-season thread, are hoping to get approval to use an acceptable north Bohemian venue (Teplice), as they did in 2010/11 (actually, I think they played on exemption for several years).

I was skeptical that this would happen at first, but increasingly it seems that Brno has a good chance. I do think that the league needs to stop granting exemptions and force clubs to make improvements if they want to be topflight, but it also does bug me a little (even as a Brno fan) that the team that won 2. Liga may not be rewarded.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia