Gallas

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bostonf4lyf, Jan 30, 2007.

1. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    When is he coming back? I have heard no news on him. Did he reagrevate his knee?

2. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galla what? I think he died or something.

4. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That bl**dy Chelski b@stard .. Why are we talking about him ?!

;)

5. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Injured like Wiltord, Edu and Cole perhaps?

6. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    What's the update on Freddy? When is he fit again? If Hleb is out, I'd rather see Freddy take his spot on a slightly more regular basis than Theo.

7. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Same thoughts .. Theo is not really ready to play full games yet ..
    ANd Freddie can cover that area much better than Theo .. Though he has lost a bit of pace, he can still out-run lots of full backs ..

8. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Do people think Willy is committed to the cause? I'm not sure! Maybe he has a gentlemans agreement AW, that if he's not happy we wouldn't stand in his way moving on in the summer? We really needed him as cover while younger players get experience and to cover injuries, but, with all the injuries he hasn't exactly been much help! Just a thought!

9. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No, I think he's just hurt.

10. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    i think he's hurt but also that he's been out waaaay too long. i question whether he's actually interested in coming back and playing every game. that, coupled with arsene's affording three weeks off for a broken fingernail, and he's been gone for three frickin months.

maybe he'll come back fresh (someday) and be the anchor for the defense for the rest of the season.

11. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That is something that is begining to creep in to my thoughts as well, and you may be on to something.

I expect we just get a handful of games out of him before the end of the season, and it would surprise me to see him move on to Italy or Spain.

Juventus may be shopping around, and with cannavaro's relative failure at madrid, they may be prepared to spend big on him.

12. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :rolleyes: What are you guys basing all this on? Just the fact that his injury has taken longer than expected? Have you seen any quotes or anything else that suggests he is unhappy? Weren't all the articles on him earlier in the year about how happy he was at Arsenal?

He is a professional footballer, even if he wants to move in the summer, he'd still be trying to get games if he is able to.

13. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    To be fair he is also the guy who threatened chelsea with scoring own goals if selected.

His professionalism is definately questionable. I also don't think that a minor injury at the begining of november would keep you out until mid february(?) or later just because you aggravated it by trying to rush back.

He will probably come back for the first CL tie, then use the rest of the season to make himself an attractive purchase, and leave in the summer. If he was really that eager to get back I would have expected some comments to the press of how disappointed he is with the further setback etc.

I don't think we have heard from him once since he was injured.

14. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, he did say that, didn't he?;) (Was that quote ever confirmed or was it a tabloid report?)

True, but it is also not uncommon for injured players to not spend much time talking to the media. I don't remember him talking much to the media, even back in his happier days at Chelsea.

My whole thing is Gallas is not the only player we've had who has taken longer that expected to come back from an injury. I am wondering why he is being singled out and his commitment questioned.

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

FFS people, if AW didn't think he was committed would he have signed him? The man's not stupid.

Secondly, he tore a thigh muscle. Thigh muscles are one of the most complex structures in the body, and it's not like other injuries that you can have a painkilling injection for. If you play and the muscle has not healed, you more than likely double your recovery time. The physios are just being careful with him and I wouldn't want it any other way - would you want a "yes man" who just said players were fit when they were not?

Besides, it's not exactly like we are missing him at the moment! Jeez!

16. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Man there are some silly people on this board!

17. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We are not missing gallas at the back? Any team in the world would miss a player like gallas at the back.

And wenger signed him because it was either sign gallas or be stuck with cashley. I'm just a little disappointed, because I would have expected to hear more from an injured player who just signed for a new team.

Has gallas made any press release since joining us, other than his attacks on chelsea? A simple "I am happy to be here" would suffice.

18. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? So that people looking for controversy will feel a little better about him?

Did you say the same thing when Lauren was out for forever?

19. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lauren's situation was different. Gallas had only been on the team for a short while, and had his come back date change like 5 times. Normally you would expect a player to say something, especially a player who is not shy when it comes to speaking to the press.

Diaby and Lauren knew they would be out a long time, everyone knew they would be out a long time, and I think we did occasionally hear from Diaby, "I am hoping I regain fitness soon" or something along those lines.

20. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you believe everything Jose says? :rolleyes:
    Why is his prefessionalism questionable when he palyed great for Chelsea even while complaining about his situation. Why would Wenger lie for him? Wenger has said that Gallas came back too training too soon and had some setbacks. I believe him over some conspiracy theory.

21. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still do not think Gallas is the perfect professional. Even when he came over he was still attacking chelsea in the press instead of just letting it go. He has become as much of a professional as cashley.

While I do believe he is honestly injured, I would have liked to seem him come out and reassure the fans.

22. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is just being silly. I'd take Gallas over Cole without a doubt in a contest of professionalism. I don't see why Gallas has to say anything to the fans when Wenger has already explained the situation. He probably assumes that most gooners trust Wenger...silly boy, right? :rolleyes:

23. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After like the 4th setback it would be reassuring to hear him say something about it.

He is new at the club, got injured, and disappeared off the face of the earth since then. We haven't even seen him in the stands for any games.

Gallas, where are you?????????????????

24. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :rolleyes: Gallas owes you nothing.

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club: