Galiza

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Dracul, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Comical :D

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Canada is over-rated.

It is to North America what Antartica is to the world.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I saw that right when it came out. That was pretty funny and sad. There is a lot more than just those clips.

It would be funny to put Paul Martin and his peeps in the same room and that bow tie wearing nerd. :D

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Let me guess, you live in the good old USA?

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its true we go down there alot. But mostly to the hot places of the states. Miami, Florida....Thats really the only place I want to move to in the USA. After that Portugal or Brasil.

But you can see how DUMB that loria is, and dont get me started on that preppy boy.

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ssssh>and we love it lets keep it a secret

so your including the u.s cause the last time i heard u.s is part of north america.

what i hate is this misconceptions about canada>we dogsled,we have igloos or canada is freezing piece of ice....let me say if you visited canada in the summer or winter you would see the truly beauty for what it is.

the parks,the cities, the people and the mulitculturalism and the hot girls.

i got no beef with the u.s but you guys overexaggerate alot and think canada is useless>we are your trading buddies and friends.

but just because we dont agree with some of your antics or judgment you guys get all crazy>

just stop it and lets be one big happy family

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and for the hot girls just ask sidney crosby how its done

[​IMG]

7. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Take off, hoser. :D

8. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    haha,,,that's the best line ever...TAKE OFF!

that broad (in that clip) is such a tool and just shows her ignorance without even trying...what a douche...I hope for the U.S.'s sake that she isn't part of their senate, congress, or part of any political cast whatsoever...and that guy carlson, what a loogin. This guy is on Crossfire...he really thinks we dogsled...hahaha, he looks like such an ignoramus saying that. :D...you know there's a lot of dogsledding...you know that's true...hahaha what a tool

9. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    she is the reason why sooooooooooo many ppl world wide dislike the americans....and that dork to. hahahaha, ignorance is bliss

and if we are so insignificant why are we even news worthy down there. I mean, sountherners have no idea where canada is, why should any other american (unless you have potsmoking, gay relatives up here who live in igloos and ride dogsleds).

anyway, back to the topic of galicia

10. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its funny because they actually believe what they are saying...if you thought they were joking it might be funny...but the fact that they believe it is hysterical

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    she can always be part of my cabinet, I don't see anything wrong :)

12. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I viewed this coulton loser's clip with katie couric, and she just lost all credibility where she is getting schooled by couric on her own book...what an idiot! haha :D

13. ALBU

ALBU New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Toronto/Albufeira
    Over 30% percent of US trade is with Canada and we're your number one provider of oil, good luck replacing us.

14. Portugallia

Portugallia BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 9, 2005
    Viva Portugaliza! :)

15. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    This is true...Spain is a federation of different nations with different cultures and languages.

16. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Bloody oath they exist...as they do in Portugal.

17. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    Of course. A Galician is a lot closer to a northern Portuguese (we are the same people separeted by history) than to a Castillian for example. But Spain isn´t a federation, it´s a state with several nations.

18. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    :confused:

19. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    You'll find that a state with several nations in it is a federation.

In other words, a federation is a form of government in which power is divided by one central and several regional goverments.

20. Cilindro

Cilindro New Member

May 24, 2002
    I think the form of government is different (those nations are considered autonomous regions, similar to Azores and Madeira). Spain dosen´t recognize their nations as nations (in the same way the rest of the world does). The Basques, Catalans and Galicians are fighting for the recognition of their nations. Besides, Switzerland is not a federation but a confederation. Complicated and sensible things...

21. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    No.
    USA is a federation, they have 2 levels of constitution, one for the federal government and another for the federal states, every state is free to create is own laws since they don´t go against the federal constitution.

Spain is an Regionalized Unitary State, this means all the territory is divided into administrative regions, they have some autonomy but they can´t create laws.

The main difference is that in the Spanish case the power is delegated in the autonomous regions by the state because historically Spain was a centralized state, so they continuosly started to give more autonomy to their regions in order to prevent possible conflicts with Catalunya, Basque country etc, in the case of USA the rights of the federal states are natural in the way that USA didn´t existed as a centralized nation, before USA existed several states already had their own laws and forms of government.

P.S. A state with several nations is an associaton of states that could be a Royal Union ex: United Kingdom, an Personal Union ex: Portugal and Spain between 1580 and 1640 Filipe II of Spain and Filipe I of Portugal, and finally a Confederation ex: Switzerland or Helvetic Confederation(German canton, Italian, French etc) or most of the international treaties signed between the nations were this nations delegate some powers in these organizations for instance NATO, a federation main base is a constitution a confederation main base is a treaty.

22. Espiro

Espiro Member

Dec 9, 2001
    I am partly Galician and whoever said Gallegos feel that they belong more to Portugal... its absolutely untrue. They are Spanish and apart from the language have as much conection to Portugal as every other Spanish citizen. Stop writing ****************, please. Nobodoy in Galicia talks about Portugal.

Thank you.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hahahaha.....I KNEW IT!

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i understand your sentiment and i respect that but the information came from a website not from these posters.

25. Espiro

Espiro Member

Dec 9, 2001
    Knew WHAT?

to the second guy, I wasnt trying to attack anybody here, just stating how it is. Since you are talking about a subject I probably have more information than most of the guys talking about it here.

Btw, Galicia, just like Pais Vasco are "comunidades autonomas", they have their own government (the highest government is still the national government of Spain) and thus they can also have their own "regional national teams".