.:Galaxy vs. Necaxa, Dec. 3, 2004 "Friendly" Thread:. [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Snapshotgalaxian

Snapshotgalaxian New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Orange, CA
    I'm sure there will be some "guest" players at this game. They've done it before. Someone wintering in LA or wants to practice, try-out for out team. Could be Mathis, Donovan, or some college kids. We'll find out Friday.

2. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basic[R]

Basically our First to Worst F.O. thinks they can exploit the Galaxy Fans wallets.

I think the Chivas thing will be a definite wake-up call to Douglas Hamilton Esquire III.

So yes this is your last chance to see the Galaxy throw-out essentially weak third string team against necaxa's similar type squad.

the last time the F.O. will be able to snake some more pointless money from us, the few us that still remain.

This time next year, we will have to ask Jorge Vergara if we can use his stadium for such a pointless exhibition, here's to moving back to the Rose Bowl.

Every dollar you spend to the Galaxy now, only employees more moving and trucking companies to move our team back to its OG home.

Hopefully there won't be much animosity, when have to come crawling back.

3. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Re: Basic[R]

Wow...I can't believe you honestly think we're gonna vacate the HDC. First of all, I don't think we're going to get run out of business, but secondly, even if we do...going back to the Rose Bowl won't solve any of our woes...

4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it Necaxa or Cruz Azul that we played at Fullerton about 18 months ago? As I recall, the opposition had about 2500 fans there and LAG pulled about the same.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Here are the prices for this match:

Group Prices are for 15 or more people

Group
    Savings

Sideline
    $45
    $36
    $9

Reserved
    $40
    $28
    $12

Corner
    $30
    $22
    $8

Upper Deck
    $28
    $20
    $8

Goal Line
    $22
    $16
    $6

GA
    $15
    $10
    $5

crookeddy,​

What is there to know about Necaxa fans?

I do have to agree with you when you write: Just go to the game! :)

6. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, tix are now spoken for. :)

7. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets went to Catholic Big Brothers and Big Sisters (no joke.) A good cause, the tickets will be used and I hope enjoyed by people who otherwise would not go.

8. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Will this game be broadcasted or televised at all?

9. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    A Galaxy friendly televised? What is this, a popular sport or something?

10. Evo3racer

Evo3racer New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Long Beach

yeah for reals will it be televised or at the sights and sound board??? anybody know?

11. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    I had something come up and will be out of town tomorrow, so my tickets went to the guy working the counter at Pico Pica Rico when I was ordering some take-out food. Also a good cause and the tickets should (I hope) be used by someone who would otherwise not go. I think most of the guys at Pico are Club America supporters, so hopefully they'll be rooting for the Galaxy.

12. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    anyone know the result to the game?

13. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if so, post the result quick so I can put money on it. (Game not until tomorrow night.)

14. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    Oops.

haha.
    I should really get some sleep...

15. Boricua

Boricua New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Reseda, CA
    Joseph Ngwenya is still in Germany he won't be present. Also missing do to personal problems (like always) will be Ruiz.

Kiro and Cobi are out nursing injuries.

16. MarkA

MarkA New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Ruiz has been missing since August...

So, we're going to have Gordon and Moreno up front?? - I can hardly wait.

Do we even have 11 healthy players under contract...lol?

17. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um . . . I just went to the match tracker. . . and Peter Vagenas has two goals in 4 minutes?

I must have taken too much cold medicine. I need to rest. :eek:

18. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Apparently, you've got 13. The Galaxy have both Michael Erush and Byron Foss, both Rapids, on the bench.

19. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Wow...just got back from the game.

3-1 to the G's. Vagenas, of all people scored 2 goals and Ty hit the opener. Good, entertaining (mostly) game...but very dirty, as there were two red cards for Necaxa, one of which went to their keeper. Alejandro and Alan worked their arses off and should be commended. Decent game and no secret that it was entertaining without a certain someone, who's name starts with an S and ends in a teve Sampson, there.

20. MarkA

MarkA New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Just back from the game also and WOW is right….

Random thoughts:
    Vageneas’ goals came on the only two times he moved the ball forward – he was still “Pass-Back Pete” for the other 89 minutes.

Gordon and Moreno displayed a work ethic in a meaningless friendly we didn’t see from our “star” forwards in crunch time.

Crowd was maybe 5,000 – if you count the vendors.

Marshall as a midfielder was certainly interesting. He was “quarterbacking” the offense almost entirely by pointing and waving his arms.

If that was the “entertaining soccer” Hamilton wanted, it’s a shame we can only get it in a friendly when most of the team and (especially) the coach is gone.

21. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got to see Grabavoy in action and it's a mystery why he hadn't played under Sampson. The guy's got skill and hustle and made some dangerous plays into the box. He was great.

One of Vagenas's goal appeared to me like he almost hesitated to shoot, probably like a surreal moment to him that he had a unbelievable wide-open shot to the net.

I have to say that it was rather entertaining to watch as they strung together passes and made good plays. Perhaps Vasquez should be coach?

22. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I an idiot to think that they reduced Grabavoy's minutes to save them the effort of having to protect him in the expansion draft? Or was he just injured. . . . I can't remember.

23. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Congratulations to the Los Angeles Galaxy and Co. for the win.

Though the result was not as I had hoped, the match was nevertheless an entertaining one.

The weather was damn cold too! :D

24. KABaller

KABaller New Member

May 4, 2004
    So, I heard how Gordon and Grabavoy played, but how about Gardner and Thompson?

25. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Josh and Scott both played in the first half.