Galaxy vs. Chivas

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Nov 23, 2004.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    But people are making it sound like Galaxy vs Chivas will be packed to teh rafters with hardcore fans. I don't think so. 27,000 sold, maybe 24,000 at the game, atmosphere slightly better then a regular game.

2. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Can we get that one more time, in English?

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree, there bad blood from the fans already they haven't palyed a game. You know the Galaxy will be bitter(jealous) when they see all the spanish media coverage the Chivas get. Not to mention a few "key" employees will be switching sides causing more bad blood. this has rivalry and passion all over it. This will be the Quakes/Galaxy, 49ers/raiders, Dodgers/Giants. USC/Ucla this will be huge.

4. ASTURIANO

ASTURIANO New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Torrance
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be bad blood between Chivas and the Galaxy.

The Galaxy will be able to count on the support of the Central and South American community (also american soccer fans) in rooting against this squad.

Chivas is the culmination and demonstration of the arrogance of mexican soccer.

That alone is enough of a reason to despise this squad, its owner and the entire organization.

:cool:

5. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Great post, and it is true.
    But like I have said and stressed everybody is replacing Chivas USA with the REAL Chivas.

Chivas USA was, key word, was seen as a smart move, however, when the rules of MLS come to play, the one thing that makes Chivas popular, being all Mexican, goes out the door.

Which means that you lose all of those Chivas fans, who liked the tradition, and don't mind the MLS.
    Then the economical factor, money spent on gas, and tickets doesn't grow on trees.

And for those who don't know anything about how LA public is doing economically, it isn't good.
    Prices for gas are at times ridiculous, and the realty is horrible, rent is increasing like crazy.

PS: If you still have the ignorance to argue that I am making this a "racial" argument, you should open your eyes.

6. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA
    the few Mexican, Chiva supporting friends that I have all seem to think very little of Chivas USA, they think everything related to MLS stinks including this cheap version of the real thing...

7. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    I think the reason people are having a problem with this is that when they see the word racist flags go up. But the word does not have to be a bad thing in this context. It just means they are going to use mexicans instead of whatever else. While this is going to be self-defeatist for them you are not making a rash judgement just saying Chivas wants to play with mexicans.

8. Evo3racer

Evo3racer New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Long Beach

I REALLY HATE TO ADMIT IT BCUZ IM MExICAN BUT HE COULD BE RIGHT!
    :D