Galaxy To Visit Germany Nov. 26th

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by m vann, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually one of the reasons given in Germany is that the Galaxy was not able to line up another opponent: http://www.rheinpfalz.de/cgi-bin/cm....html&path=/rhp/sport/fck&id=RON_125869822951

There were only 10K tickets sold and now you have Lawyers involved over who is supposed to refund the money as the IMC Group is saying that is Kaiserslautern's responsibility and Kaiserslautern is saying that IMC should pay.

2. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can say that the IMC group is pretty pathetic. I'm a bigtime VfB Stuttgart supporter, and read the Stars and Stripes (the American military community newspaper) and I first heard of the Friendly on BS, never saw a single ad targeting americans, and only saw the story in print when the game was cancelled. K-Town is a couple hours away, but the military bases are all connected via radio, television, and print media. (each base gets the same stuff). I know several people who would have bought tickets had they been available via the USO or something. I asked my local USO about buying tix, and they hadn't even heard of such a thing.....

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Becks and Donovan have been together for two seasons. They did very crappy. I knew things were going to change when Arena was hired. I know Arena have Galaxy playing to their fullest potential in Germany.

Is this game still happening? if so, will it be televised?

Saludos de DC

4. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure what to make of this. Either no one in Europe was interested in playing us which is unfortunate OR no one beside Kaiserslautern was willing to play a meaningless friendly during the season!

The guys need some time off, but I hope that they are able to get some decent exhibitions prior to the season. No money grab tours for Lieweke and Co. this year!

5. jankfamily

jankfamily New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Long story short....

The 26 NOV match between the LA Galaxy and FC Kaiserslautern didn't happen. LA backed out a few days prior to the Thanksgiving Day match citing issues with IMC the company they hired to set the whole thing up. Well it is now almost Christmas and IMC has not refunded any of the ticket sales. They are holding about 250,000 euros ($375,000). FC Kaiserslautern is trying to rectify the issue by offering tickets to their other league games. But we all know that the seat quality will not be the same as the season ticket holders will get the better seats. And to be frank I don't care about seeing the FCK Red Devils play someone else in Liga 2. The real draw was a chance to see Beckham and Donovan.
    It just strikes me funny how the Galaxy haven't said anything to their fans in Germany.

6. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's because they probably have no clue that they have fans in Germany!;)

They barely tell us anything!

7. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Der LA Galaxy sind ein Pub-Team und David Beckham ist ein Dinosaurier

This forum blows these days:D

8. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been to plenty of Regionalliga and below games.

Even pub teams draw a few thousand folks if the matchup is right....

9. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some really good matches coming up, so you should go. There are very few "bad" seats in Fritz Walter. You do realize that it seats 48k, right?