Galaxy Rapids local news articles

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by lou czar, Nov 5, 2005.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's L.A. Times paper is a joke...

2. GalaxyFutbolForever

GalaxyFutbolForever New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    I'm starting to really get pissed about the LA Times. Every week there is less and less on soccer, and the Galaxy in particular. What is with this new "Sports Extra" bullshit. Nothing is in the paper anymore, all on the frickin web. Even people that dont care at all about soccer would still see an article with a picture in the paper, but those kind of people will never go out of their time to read it on the internet. This is retarded, and fvck you, LA Times.

3. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already sent them an e-mail. I think we should all send one to them and also give them a link to bigsoccer so they can read what the fans are thinking.

4. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    It's all cost-cutting. They took about two pages out of the sports section, and they've turned to "web features" as a way to save more space. Newspapers don't make money on content, they make money on advertising, even though the readers buy it for content. But since circulation is down industry-wide, cutting down on content (and staff) comes first. Look at the NY Times' "Times Select". They took the most popular op-ed columnists and made their columns subscription-only on the web. That way they're making money through paper subscribers, and online now too.

The Tribune Company, the LA Times' parent company, is notorious about putting costs first, and demanding profitability first and foremost. Putting out a good paper comes second.

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
  8. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worked fine for me; I clicked on it and it took me directly to the article. Bugmenot.com is great though.

9. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica