PBP: Galaxy @ Rapids • Sat., Sept 11 • 1:30pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing. Yarborough had had a beautiful 1 v 1 save earlier and then gave up a soft goal. However, the Pids had squandered some chances in the first half. Overall, it felt like a flat performance, recognizing the absence of Price and Acosta.

JasonMa repped this.
  2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the last 9 days Acosta has played 295 minutes in 4 cities in 3 different countries. In the last 6 he's played 270 minutes in 3 cities including a trip to Honduras and back.

m vann, COMtnGuy, Sports Yak and 2 others repped this.
  3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I really, really thought Acosta wouldn't get many minutes in this match, if any. At this point must be cooked. I really hope that he doesn't play at Portland on Wednesday night. Leave him in Denver to rest and recover.

COMtnGuy, Andy126 and JasonMa repped this.
  4. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yarbrough was really upset with himself after the Rapids conceded the goal. That may have been a soft goal, but with the Rapids holding a lead, the heck is anyone getting behind a pair of defenders?

1436806062712123392 is not a valid tweet id

It looked as if the heat took a toll on both teams. And those of us in the stands as well :) Not used to day games. Also not used to temps in the mid 90s in mid September.

Both teams most likely felt they could have won. Chicharito had a couple of clean headers in the first half and missed the target. The Rapids squandered some seemingly solid chances themselves.

Andy126 repped this.
  5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I wish Acosta would not get called up for the next set of qualifiers, he’s played too much for the USMNT this year. I’m going to propose that on a USMNT thread just to how apoplectic they get.

COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  6. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Can we just talk again about how absolutely GORGEOUS this ball was by Shinyashiki??

1437098684261355522 is not a valid tweet id

Barrios is 5’4”….5’4”!! He was running at pace in between two defenders listed at 6’0”. Shinyashiki put it right on his dome and in stride. Beautiful.

m vann, SccrDon, AlbertCamus and 4 others repped this.
  7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    #32 unkiemark, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    I too wish this, but it isn't gonna happen unless Acosta is injured. He's made himself too valuable to the USMNT. He's versatile and durable, despite what some on other threads might state.

And if you want to send them nuts with a post, point out that more than one MLS player played a significant role in the win over Honduras :)

8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Absolutely we can talk about it again and again. The cross gets my nomination for service of the season for the Rapids. It was as they say, a" training ground" play as it looked so simple. Shinyashiki had time to hold the ball for a second and lineup the cross. Barrios just ran between the two defenders with the knowledge that the ball would come to him in the air. Just perfect.

Andy126 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  9. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1437537791701762056 is not a valid tweet id

TheWarmBurger repped this.
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    TheWarmBurger repped this.