galaxy is on the roll

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by galaxyguy23, Nov 5, 2003.

1. galaxyguy23

galaxyguy23 New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Orange Ca.
    hey all... this is my first time on here... I am a big galaxy fan if you can't tell... but for different reasons than probably most of the rest of you... I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions about the game... as I am very close to it myself... my favorite player on the galaxy is Danny Califf, for many reasons but also because he is great... so yeah... I love soccer... and like to talk about it... so yeah...I am glad to be here and hope to respond to many of your threads

2. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Welcome to BigSoccer.

Since your thread is pretty much about your excitement for the greatest team in MLS, you should probably have started this on the LA Galaxy board.

Enjoy BigSoccer, and if you happen to come across a poster by the name of Mike Seagroves, please try to keep in mind that he's an angry crossdresser.

Topper

:D :D

3. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh *#*#*#*#, I thought this was about Sigi having breakfast. You know, a jelly roll.

Welcome to BS

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy are more Sourdough than Kaiser in my opinion.

But Sigi most definitely is all over the jelly roll. He's fat enough to be an NFL line coach.

And yes - the Galaxy are rolling. The Quakes can't even roll their sleeves up and get to work. Half of them already have their sleeves rolled up. What more can they do?

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA can roll right through SJ but will be stopped dead on by whoever wins the next season. LA shouldnt even be in the playoffs.

6. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then go bitch at Dallas. It's not LA's fault they sucked so bad. Besides, it's not like the Revs suddenly turned things on at the last minute last season.

7. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Semi, did you mean, instead of season?

And enough with the Galaxy shouldn't - whatever. It's fine to say the playoff format should be different, or whatever, but it is what it is, and under that format, the Galaxy being where they are is perfectly legit.

For example, I didn't think the Galaxy should play their first 8 games on the road, but I realized it had to be done.

Anyway, welcome to the boards, galaxy guy, and keep the faith that our team has finally turned it around.

Marc Connelly, for one, doesn't think so. His MLSnet column picks San Jose to come back in overtime to win 3-1.

Doubt it. Galaxy all the way!

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    3-1 for the Smurfs doesnt win the series...what is Conelly on about?

9. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Connelly doesn't have a clue how the playoffs work.

If it were to go to any OT, SJ would need 3-1 to be the final score in regulation.

10. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If MLS kept the playoff format from last year where 1-8 are in the playoffs instead of 1-4 in both conferences, then we wouldn't see LA in the playoffs this year.

11. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    If my aunt had a dick she'd by my uncle...

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

ladies and gentleman, the post of the day!

13. galaxyguy23

galaxyguy23 New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Orange Ca.
    playoffs

The fact that they messed with the whole amount of teams that they allow into the playoffs really doesn't matter anymore... what they are doing is making MLS playoffs a bit more like the playoffs of other sports.. and are not being so selective as far as how many teams are going to be allowed to advance. Also, those who think that the Galaxy shouldn't even be in the playoffs, I just want to say that if you were to go by the points and all I would have to agree.. they have been playing pretty badly over the course of the season, but they managed to pull it together in the end, and they have been able to come together as a team, and so I think that they are good enough to be in there... and if they weren't, then why can't the conference champion knock them out?? So anyway, this is not supposed to be a forum for fighting over whose team is the favorite, but discussing the game and all aspects of it. So anywho... I am excited to see how this years playoff play out.
    Galaxy Rules

14. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should just go ahead and put that warning about Mr. Seagroves in the sign-up form and make you check it as read before you can log on the first time! :D

15. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Re: playoffs

They went 1-3-1 in their last 5 games of the season. Not exactly pulling it together. Lucky for them they're playing a team that was shut out in 3 of their last 4 to end the season.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, and absolutely NOTHING would have changed as the Galaxy, Columbus and all their opponents would've played EXACTLY the way they did...

Yeah, the Galaxy absolutely would have been content w/ a 1-1 tie on 10/25, b/c they wouldn't have wanted to go to the playoffs.

Yeah, and Tia, put your verga back in your pants!

17. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Re: playoffs

Oh the innocence of the newbie. I remember those days...

I hate your team, every player on it, and all the people who support them. Have a nice day. :)

18. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You and Topper are courting HIS wrath. Don't you know how to spell HIS name?

19. galaxyguy23

galaxyguy23 New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Orange Ca.
    too bad for you

hey BenC1357, I am sorry that you hate the Galaxy, and every player on it... but unfortuantly they are there and you have to live with the fact that they exist. As to The Wizards, I am not particularly fond of them myself, as to the fact that many of them are hacks that just like to take people out, and that is allthat they know how to do...(ie.. Nick Garcia), but you do have some very talented players on your team, and something you might try is looking at the players themselves and not just the team name... you can say that you hate certain players, and that is a bit more practical, seeing that trades can change the team rosters around at any given moment... so, yeah... you can have your opinion, and I am sorry that it has to be the way that it is, and as harsh as it is, but it is your opinion, and you have a right to it, just think about the practicality of it, cause it really does not make sense to hate a franchise especially when rosters are so easily changed.

20. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Re: too bad for you

If they traded the entire roster of Fire players to the Galaxy for their entire roster, I would still hate the galax with every fiber of my being.

And I STILL would think that Danny Califf is a no talent hack.

21. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: too bad for you

He's still better than Jim "ugliest guy in MLS' Curtin. :)

This might wanna move this to the rivals forum.

22. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Re: too bad for you

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You want to talk about Garcia being a hack, I counter with Ruiz.

You can hate a franchise. Want an example. Kansas Citians hate the Raiders. People in Kansas City absolutely loved Rich Gannon. I mean adored him. The Chiefs let him go and he ends up with the Raiders. The Chiefs fans, basically all of Kansas City, still liked Gannon but still hate the Raiders more than ever.
    Point being, you hate the franchise knowing the players can switch. As many LA fans have pointed out, Wizards fans would love Ruiz if he played for our team. They're probably right, but he doesn't play for KC, therefore we hate him and his team with a passion.

See ya in the semis.

23. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Re: Re: Re: too bad for you

But now it would be your Jim Bob Curtin.

And GalaxyGuy would never last in Rivalries.

What happened guy? 1 through 22 were taken? ;)

24. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to court his wrath. It just comes from your existance. :)

25. galaxyguy23

galaxyguy23 New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Orange Ca.
    ok

I am sorry you think that Danny Califf is a no talent hack, it is a surprise because he really has not been seriously carded in a long time, yes he has gotten quite a few yellow's and some that he deserved, but for the most part he has not gotten many cards, and certainly no reds for as long as I can remember, which is more than I can say for some of his friends who play for other teams. I think it is unfortunate that there is sucha hatred for a team, when in reality what you said was that you root for a team, and love the players on that team... but if those players went to another team through a trade they becomes hacks and you all of a sudden hate them just because of the jersey that they wear... I am sorry to hear that! Now I am not saying that you are wrong in the way you are thinking, there are people in the galaxy fan clubs and all who would love someone because they were on our team and praise his skills, and then the next moment he gets traded and they hate him and call him a hack, but it just does not make sense... either a player is good or he isn't it does not matter what team he plays for... for instance, I believe that Carlos Bocanegra is a very good player, and a very nice person to boot, and I am not going to hate him just because he plays for the Chicago Fire, and I am not going to hate the Chicago Fire as a team, they play a very good game, and they always seem to do well, I might not like some of the players, and I might hate some of the players, and that would certainly not change just because they switched teams. Anywho, like I said before you have a right to your opinion and I am not going to say it is wrong.